Aliens: Colonial Marines TC - FINISHED

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
TheUnbeholden

Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines TC - Important question! (last

Post by TheUnbeholden »

Well I'm using latest version of gzdoom and ACM so we'll have to forget about your fix for now.
Last edited by TheUnbeholden on Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ed the Bat
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Ed the Bat »

TheUnbeholden wrote:Well I'm using latest version of gzdoom and ACM so we'll have to forget about your fix for now.
My fix was to add a single tic to the duration of the actor. And why on earth do people keep saying "the latest version" instead of the actual number?
TheUnbeholden

Post by TheUnbeholden »

Ed the Bat wrote: My fix was to add a single tic to the duration of the actor. And why on earth do people keep saying "the latest version" instead of the actual number?
alienstuff.wad:Decorate
line 608 to 617
unknown class name 'lightaround'
unknown class name 'lightpuff'.
Ed the Bat

Post by Ed the Bat »

I don't know what that's supposed to mean. All you need to do is change the tic durations of the light actors from 1 to 2.
TheUnbeholden

Post by TheUnbeholden »

ah you god damn moron. (Hey now. -mgmt)

your supposed to put

Code: Select all

ACTOR LightPuff : BulletPuff
Ed the Bat

Post by Ed the Bat »

No, you're not. Also, don't call me names.
TheUnbeholden

Post by TheUnbeholden »

All right sorry, but you say its our fault for not using the latest gzdoom, when in fact your not using it yourself.
Ed the Bat

Post by Ed the Bat »

TheUnbeholden wrote:All right sorry, but you say its our fault for not using the latest gzdoom, when in fact your not using it yourself.
No, I said not being able to use NODELAY was an indication of an outdated version, as that feature was added months ago. And as I am using gzdoom-G1.9pre-327-gb91d5d5, I most certainly am using the latest version.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

TheUnbeholden wrote:ah you god damn moron.
that was pretty wrong, i suppose. but least you said sorry. :?
Deimos Anomaly

Post by Deimos Anomaly »

I just finished all the new updates, upgrades, fixes and new areas on all levels of the (for now) first and only chapter. Now I just wondering if add the characters of Aliens (the marine teammates, Ripley, Newt...), for a pair of brief encounters with them or just leave it how is it.
Next step is a new and better weapons pack, based on the stuff seen in "Aliens Online".
Suggestions?
Yutrzenika

Post by Yutrzenika »

Is that the new version in the download link? Because it says it was uploaded in 2012.
Valherran

Post by Valherran »

Deimos Anomaly wrote:I just finished all the new updates, upgrades, fixes and new areas on all levels of the (for now) first and only chapter. Now I just wondering if add the characters of Aliens (the marine teammates, Ripley, Newt...), for a pair of brief encounters with them or just leave it how is it.
Next step is a new and better weapons pack, based on the stuff seen in "Aliens Online".
Suggestions?
Hmmm... I think they should stay out of the game, it would be weird seeing them there.
Deimos Anomaly

Post by Deimos Anomaly »

Yutrzenika wrote:Is that the new version in the download link? Because it says it was uploaded in 2012.
Not yet! The download link is for the 2012 version.
Valherran wrote:
Deimos Anomaly wrote:I just finished all the new updates, upgrades, fixes and new areas on all levels of the (for now) first and only chapter. Now I just wondering if add the characters of Aliens (the marine teammates, Ripley, Newt...), for a pair of brief encounters with them or just leave it how is it.
Suggestions?
Hmmm... I think they should stay out of the game, it would be weird seeing them there.
In one hand i really like how it is now, however add those characters on a pair of encounters to add some sort of history background ain't a bad idea at all!
Naitguolf

Post by Naitguolf »

Great, im expecting the new version!!! :)

Will the story be after Aliens 2 events or just a reteling? If its an after events, maybe some records could be found, more than the marines (Or maybe you can find Hudson, helping him after beign grabbed for example)
LostSkull

Post by LostSkull »

I love this!

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”