Aliens: Colonial Marines TC - FINISHED

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Viscra Maelstrom

Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines TC. NEW WEBPAGE!!!!

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

there's a download link a few posts above the website one.
Arch

Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines TC. NEW WEBPAGE!!!!

Post by Arch »

yes there is and I´m downloading right now, it looks just epic. Loved the way the aliens move.
Deimos Anomaly

Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines TC. 2012 Release, extras!

Post by Deimos Anomaly »

Sorry for the mess with the webpage! I had problems with the server and the site is closed.
I'm trying to open a new page soon as posible with the last news of ACM.

For now i upload the mediafire link for download the latest version.
Thanks for the support!
TiberiumSoul
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by TiberiumSoul »

stupidly obvious question but is there any way one could make this zandronum compatible?
ObsessedWithMODs

Post by ObsessedWithMODs »

It's 2013 and the "official" version of Aliens Colonial Marines is almost out, I'm hoping this will still get further updates if Deimos has time for it. It's great we got a really decent fan-made unofficial product with the same name, although I hope Fox don't get all aggressive like they did before by foxing Alien Quake.

I was sad that Tragos2D Aliens Online re-make is gone, don't know hwat happened to his mod hope it wasn't one of those legal cease and desist bullshit from 20th Century fox. But oh well, we still have this as well as Virtue's Aliens TC Update so it's still all good. :biggrin:

Btw, does anyone know if his webpage for this mod is working again or not?

One minor suggestion I have in the future is make an update to this mod to be Squad-based co-op oriented.

Anyone heard of the new Aliens Mod for Killing Floor?

I don't mean every Aliens mod should be exactly like that but giving the players the ability to choose Marine classes (this concept was planned way back in a much earlier 1990 era Aliens mod called Aliens Doom 3 by Michael Gummelt but it just never really picked up).

In fact that mod had Computer controlled Marines that assisted the player although their AI programming was severely limited at the time because "Source Ports" had not existed yet due to the fact ID Software had not even release any of the Classic Doom games' source codes.

Here's a screen shot of an earlier revision of the Aliens Colonial Marines WAD/Mod for Doom that has computer controlled Marines (well I am presuming, I could be wrong and they are other players playing a co-op session):

Is this pic too big for some of you? If so, then let me know by PM if you prefer me to edit this reply to put it in a spoiler box instead.
ObsessedWithMODs

Some Colonial Marines Info I wanted to share for a while, and if anyone else is interested and want to borrow some of the details from it to make their mod more realistic or accurate, etc.,:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
ObsessedWithMODs

Only 5 spoilers are allowed per post, hmm... maybe I will post all the links to them in 1 post instead?
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
ObsessedWithMODs

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
ObsessedWithMODs

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
ObsessedWithMODs

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
ObsessedWithMODs

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
ObsessedWithMODs

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
That's all for now, it pretty much covers all of the structure of the Colonial Marines Infantry Units as well as almost all of their gear we've seen or used in James Cameron film as well as later video games representations.
Trooper 077

Post by Trooper 077 »

Just a future tip, It's better to upload all of those to an image hosting site like majhost. Then link to folder
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

On an Aliens related note, are there any mods like this which you can just play regular Doom wads with? Like different types of aliens and the colonial marine weaponry?
Valherran

Post by Valherran »

I just tried this MOD (the DL link from the 1st post), the mapping and stuff was great, but the weapons were horrible... They were really sucky in performance against the aliens when they are far more capable than that. It seems you are going on the scenery and lore of Aliens 2 since I hear a LOT of movie sounds from it. I would at least mix it up a bit from sounds from the movie and resources used in AVP Gold. I also tried that survivor mode, and man, that was sooo freakin laggy I couldn't do much of anything during it, and there is just way too damn many bushes blocking your sight, making it impossible to enjoy.

Overall, it is looking good, just needs more work. :-)

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”