The Adventures of Square - PROGRESS! New shots on pg.19!

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
GoodYume6

Re: The Adventures of Square - DEMO RELEASED!

Post by GoodYume6 »

i beated this all and its freakin' briliant!! :P :P
Jimmy

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Jimmy »

Ed the Bat: Cool, thanks for the clarifications and the improved Quadcannon! Added forthwith. :D

jpalomo: Interesting work. :D I'm not sure why you added all the weaponslots, though. Maybe there'll be that many weapons come the full version, but I don't really know for sure at this point. At the moment, though, it seems to enlarge the status bar in a way that I don't believe is entirely necessary and looks kind of "off". The work is appreciated, though, and thanks for implementing the Oozi's ammo. :) I'll likely integrate most of these changes into the status bar for the next beta release. :)

Captain J: FFFFFFFF. I have no idea what's causing that but I know it's down to the 3D floor that the ladder in that sector is made of - it's bleeding into the rest of the pit. I'm going to just make them player-pushes-ThrustThingZ thingies.
GoodYume6

Post by GoodYume6 »

beated this demo, very nice keep working on this one :wub: :wub: :wub:
Unholypimpin

Post by Unholypimpin »

I was skeptical at first but once I started playing, I instantly fell in love with this wad. Who knew something with such simple mspaint graphics could actually look great and well detailed. Good freakin job jimmy!! I love all the effects this project has like the green goop falls and enemy gibbing. So far the balance seems to be fairly good.

I'm a believer now that mspaint projects can work when done right. Keep up the good work.

Edit
I cant seem to find where the square key is on the factory map.
Jimmy

Post by Jimmy »

AlwaysDoomed: There's a password in the green building that you need to find and apply to a computer screen in the yellow building.

The setup is kinda weird and obscure right now so I'll be revising it a little for the next demo beta. :)

Thanks, you two, for the comments. :)
EksFaktr

Post by EksFaktr »

I'm sure this comparison has been drawn before, but it reminds me a lot of Chex Quest, just in the general aesthetic of it. Having said that, this is both nostalgic and unique at the same time to me, which is NEVER a bad combination. I'm loving this so far, and cannot wait to see the finished product. T'would be a shame if us poor depraved ZDoomers didn't get to hear about it. =(
Unholypimpin

Post by Unholypimpin »

Jimmy wrote:AlwaysDoomed: There's a password in the green building that you need to find and apply to a computer screen in the yellow building.

The setup is kinda weird and obscure right now so I'll be revising it a little for the next demo beta. :)

Thanks, you two, for the comments. :)
Ya you should put a message or something when you get the password, because i was like wtf am i suppose to do with this password? I checked the entire map to see if anything opened up and then gave up after 20 minutes of searching. I came to the conclusion that the map had a glitch.

Really great mod though.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Spoiler: sorry for never mentioned those.
those lifts are never killed me even i was stuck for a hour. and i think those lifts need to be harmful. or instant death.
Slax
... in rememberance ...

Post by Slax »

iamhuge.png
Spoiler: SQUARE HAS A SWEET ASS!
+1 for having smokes (SQUARE PACKETS!) and rolled up carrots as health items.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

you sir, you're most beautiful artist what i was looking for specially his quality-shaped buttocks.
Jimmy

Post by Jimmy »

Oh God I love you.
Slax
... in rememberance ...

Post by Slax »

Square probably used to be a couch wizard back in his 3D days. Beating the other shapes at video games, constantly claiming the remote as a prize. Mmm...
Image sponsored by this playlist.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

when i saw the pool of cyans or pits, i always reminded about super meat boy soundtrack though. and guess what? it does fits(IF, this game goes even more worse and platforming.).
Slax
... in rememberance ...

Post by Slax »

CIRCLES!

Effort </3
Jimmy

Post by Jimmy »

Again, just... brilliance. :D

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”