Carnage Galore 3, now for GZDoom - beta (update)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Carnage Galore 3, now for GZDoom - beta (update)

Postby brick » Tue Jul 06, 2021 9:54 pm

Interesting to hear the history of CG3, I knew about the Doomsday release but didn't know you had initially planned it for vanilla.

Thanks for the changes! I think you're right and the Forge was the only place where the lines were being blocked, since the setting was probably switched through my entire playthrough but I made it that far just fine.

Regarding Vorpal Blade,
Spoiler:
I don't think I have a save before entering the Ruined City, there's no way out and back to Dungeons once you've made it this far is there?
brick

Operating System: Windows Vista/7/2008 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Postby Ichor » Wed Jul 07, 2021 5:23 pm

brick wrote:Interesting to hear the history of CG3, I knew about the Doomsday release but didn't know you had initially planned it for vanilla.

Thanks for the changes! I think you're right and the Forge was the only place where the lines were being blocked, since the setting was probably switched through my entire playthrough but I made it that far just fine.

Regarding Vorpal Blade,
Spoiler:
I don't think I have a save before entering the Ruined City, there's no way out and back to Dungeons once you've made it this far is there?

Nope, once you jump down into that pit, there's no way back up.
Spoiler:
Ichor
The fun cannot be halted

Postby Ichor » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:13 am

I've been meaning to do this for a while.

• The teleporter before the Korax battle will now send you to another location rather than instantly killing you.
Ichor
The fun cannot be halted

Postby Ichor » Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:37 pm

Another thing that I've been wanting to do...

• The Korax laser at the end of the fight will no longer be directly aimed at you from the start. It will begin off center and work its way to you in about a second. This should give you a better chance to react.
Ichor
The fun cannot be halted

Postby brick » Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:06 pm

Ichor wrote:The teleporter before the Korax battle will now send you to another location rather than instantly killing you.

Heh, I was hoping for such a change, I tried the teleporter (after saving of course) and was a bit disappointed when it just insta-kills you, the way you've written Korax it was fitting that he not lie about it (though to be fair he does warn you). Very curious where it goes now!
Glad to hear this is still WIP.
brick

Operating System: Windows Vista/7/2008 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Previous

Return to TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects