Carnage Galore 3, now for GZDoom - beta (update)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Carnage Galore 3, now for GZDoom - beta (update)

Postby Caleb26 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:50 am

I've been waiting for ages to see chapter 3. I'm sure It'll make me to go back on reworking/remastering my Masters of Chaos megawad for Heretic. Time is the biggest issue for me right now.
Caleb26

Postby theleo_ua » Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:19 am

Caleb26 wrote:I've been waiting for ages to see chapter 3. I'm sure It'll make me to go back on reworking/remastering my Masters of Chaos megawad for Heretic. Time is the biggest issue for me right now.

In our Russian streamers community, Masters of Chaos is the best megawad in history. Very good news to hear about new versions, so good luck!

After Masters of Chaos, I even can't take original heretic seriously, because lack of MoC weapons. In my Heretic + Hexen Mix (HHMIX) mod, where I planned to add all weapons from original hexen and heretic (both powered and unpowered), I also added weapons from MoC, because for now I consider them same authentic as original weapons

The only thing I hope you will pay attention to, is balance and usefullness of the weapons (especially new MoC weapons), so all of them will become useful, both powered and unpowered (I doing this right now in my Heretic + Hexen Mix (HHMIX) mod, changing balance of the weapons to make useful all of them, and to remove imba from all of them (for example from wraithverge) )

GL anyway!

P.S. For any case, If you want me to stream online closed alpha versions of MoC remastered (for testing purposes for example), PM me

P.S.2. And yes, also we translated MoC to Russian (but without redrawing of titlepic). There is a chance that we also will translate Carnage Galore 3 to Russian, but no any promises for now. Also some of us already streamed Carnage Galore 3 online

P.S.3. Forgot to say: in addition to weapons, I also consider MoC monsters as authentic for heretic and hexen, so they also will be added to my HHMIX mod, something like in this document

P.S.4. Also I created HD mod, which added Hi-Res and Neural (both heretic and hexen) textures/sprites (even for Hexen textures in MoC) and 3d model of knight archer and his arrow (archer can randomly be spawned as sprite or model)

I'm very sorry to Cranage Galore author for offtopic, so if someone will want to answer this message about MoC, let's continue in MoC thread then
theleo_ua

Postby Viscont23 » Sat May 02, 2020 7:57 am

Wow those new screenshots look cool! keep up the good work! :)
Viscont23

Postby Ichor » Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:34 pm

Alright, time for a minor update:

• There is now an option to turn the health bars on and off at the bottom of the Options menu.
  • Made the health bars bigger to make it easier to read the text.
  • Fixed a glitch where there was a one pixel wide gap on the right side of the health bar. It wasn't noticeable in the dark, but in bright places or if you're looking at lava, it was obvious.

Link is the same as before.
Ichor
The fun cannot be halted

Postby Indorile » Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:45 am

Great job, I've been playing this mod for years and it doesn't get old. I've noticed in my most recent playthrough on the latest version (my third one hehe) that the venom gargoyles will display any text read prior on their health bar instead of names.

Le screenshot
Indorile

Postby Ichor » Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:54 am

Indorile wrote:Great job, I've been playing this mod for years and it doesn't get old. I've noticed in my most recent playthrough on the latest version (my third one hehe) that the venom gargoyles will display any text read prior on their health bar instead of names.

Le screenshot

That is most peculiar. I tried to replicate that, but I can't seem to do it. Did you first notice it on that map or earlier? You first see that enemy early on in the first hub.
Ichor
The fun cannot be halted

Postby CBM » Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:31 am

cool, I always hated that vanilla hexen only had a few weapons for each class
CBM
Imp Slayer

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: Yes (Using Development/Testing Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Postby Indorile » Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:56 pm

Ichor wrote:
Indorile wrote:Great job, I've been playing this mod for years and it doesn't get old. I've noticed in my most recent playthrough on the latest version (my third one hehe) that the venom gargoyles will display any text read prior on their health bar instead of names.

Le screenshot

That is most peculiar. I tried to replicate that, but I can't seem to do it. Did you first notice it on that map or earlier? You first see that enemy early on in the first hub.

It was fine on first sighting of venom gargoyle, but after I've read a story book, or a sign it got messed up. I think it started by reading a "church" sign in the swamp town at hub 1.
Also I remember playing some older version and there were unfinished levels of a third hub, any particular reason why this got removed in the newer versions?
Indorile

Postby Ichor » Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:39 pm

Well, it was incomplete so I removed it (just two really old maps). When the third hub is done (1 1/2 maps left to go), I will add the whole thing again.

And as for that glitch, I'll try to figure it out now that you narrowed it down some.
Ichor
The fun cannot be halted

Postby Indorile » Sat Aug 29, 2020 2:54 pm

So my 100% repro steps. Start with cleric on Pope difficulty, type in satan and nra so you can glide through. Get the books, open the gate, go right to Town of Othir. Venom gargoyle will be called "To the library".
Indorile

Postby Ichor » Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:52 pm

Indorile wrote:So my 100% repro steps. Start with cleric on Pope difficulty, type in satan and nra so you can glide through. Get the books, open the gate, go right to Town of Othir. Venom gargoyle will be called "To the library".

Ok, now that I've seen it for myself, it's time to find out what the cause of it is.
Ichor
The fun cannot be halted

Postby Ichor » Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:25 pm

And just like that, the problem has been fixed.

The problem wasn't with the cleric, but with the difficulty, and only with the venom gargoyle. In more technical terms, most monsters have a second variant for the sixth skill level. However, there is a third variant of venom gargoyle for the fifth difficulty, and I simply overlooked that in the health bar script.

Of course, since I did modify the ACS script, it will likely render your save games unplayable.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4kj72d0yosmwrv3/cg3_ch2.pk3?dl=0
Ichor
The fun cannot be halted

Postby Indorile » Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:07 am

Glad to hear it was an easy fix :) I've also wanted to ask about the second weapon for the first slot, as far as I can tell the only way now to obtain them is through nra cheat, is there a plan to have it be collectible somewhere or?
Indorile

Postby Ichor » Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:49 am

Oh those three. I haven't exactly decided when they will be appearing (either very late in the third or early in the fourth), but they will appear.
Ichor
The fun cannot be halted

Postby Ichor » Sun Sep 06, 2020 3:38 pm

And now for another minor update:

• Using the malison scroll more than once on an enemy should no longer cause multiple overlapping curse effects.

As for the progress, I'm roughly 1/2 or 1/3 of the way done with the Forge, which isn't going to be a very large map compared to some of the others in the hub. After that's done, there's just one map left to go.
Ichor
The fun cannot be halted

PreviousNext

Return to TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects