Brütal Doom v0.18

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.

Re: Brütal Doom v0.18

Postby mumblemumble » Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:40 pm

BUGS: brutalv19testfinal

Explosions detonated on ceilings (rockets / grenades hitting ceilings) Do no damage to enemies. I'm assuming this is because the explosion detonates INSIDE the ceiling, preventing damage.

the revenant rocket launcher fire consumes a different amount of ammo per shot (1-2) which often leads to the last shot consuming the ammo without doing anything at all.

Zombie men who are crawling on the floor, and are then set on fire leave an "unburned" corpse when they die by the fire (same with shotgun guy)

The new marines when blown apart by spider mastermind chaingun fire die via the normal vanilla doom gib (and also doesn't finish all the frames)

1+ health bonuses from stomping crawling enemies (like the ripped in half hell baron) are only collected if the player is moving, requiring the player to constantly shift left and right if he / she wants the bonuses while stomping.

Hitboxes for revenants and mancubus corpses seem greatly reduced from v18, its (for me anyway) difficult to find the sweet-spot to actually saw them. Makes retrieving their guns a bit chorish.
mumblemumble
King of typos

Postby aoshiryaev » Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:18 am

///deleted///
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by aoshiryaev on Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:14 pm, edited 4 times in total.
aoshiryaev

Postby Captain J » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:25 am

i think i can judge your all of requestments for sgt.

aoshiryaev wrote:10. Rocket launcher is picked up with 2 rockets (bug or feature?)
11. SSG pickup grants 8 shells despite the gun can only hold 2 :shock:
13. Shotgun guys shoot only 7 pellets (bug or feature?)
well...that was already happened on vanilla doom, am i right? and almost of people should be think; that's a kind of feature.

aoshiryaev wrote:Could you please make chaingun/SSG zombies do rolls too?
i think they can't do that because they are used to be have a fat body after all. otherwise, out of agility.

and all of your request is pretty useful IF somebody makes mutator for you or make yourself. but too bad i think i really need to put sgt's quote from very first page;
Sergeant_Mark_IV wrote:THIS MOD IS CONTENT-COMPLETE. NEW IDEAS NOT WANTED! THANKS FOR YOUR COMPREHENSION.
it's true. any requestments or ideas has been blocked, sorry about that. so why don't you find some bugs instead but already detected?
Captain J
That's Amoreee

Discord: DiscussJ#3128

Postby aoshiryaev » Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:37 am

Dang! I can't read dammit. I skipped the "not" somehow. Anyway, the rest are bugs and some stuff, while present in vanilla, makes no bloody sense at all. Rocket launcher has a 6 rounds cylinder - did someone waste the rest already? Where do the 6 additional rounds originate? How does pellet amount magically change when you pickup a dropped shotgun? A new weapon every time a zombie is ressurected is not overly logicall, IMO. Marine using a rifle in thirdperson but a pistol in firstperson used to be in vanilla as well, you know.
aoshiryaev

Postby Armaetus » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:34 am

Vanilla Doom's shotgunners shoot 3 pellets, but 7 here? Maps with lots of them will eventually turn the player into swiss cheese.
Armaetus
Maps of Chaos & RDND Author

Discord: Armaetus#8512
Github ID: GlaiceOldSchoolRTS
Operating System: Windows Vista/7/2008 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan Support

Postby Captain J » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:40 am

agree few of them, but maybe he just wanted 'non-making any bloody sense' vanilla physics. just look why sgt never improve those things, and you'll get the idea.
otherwise, the zombie killer will know what happened somehow.

P.S: also i apologize for misunderstanding about shotgun guy's 7 pellet shooting, i thought it was talking about weapon shotgun.

Mr. Chris wrote:Vanilla Doom's shotgunners shoot 3 pellets, but 7 here? Maps with lots of them will eventually turn the player into swiss cheese.
they have a weak damage instead but close range of course.
Captain J
That's Amoreee

Discord: DiscussJ#3128

Postby mumblemumble » Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:54 pm

Mr. Chris wrote:Vanilla Doom's shotgunners shoot 3 pellets, but 7 here? Maps with lots of them will eventually turn the player into swiss cheese.

The nazis are waaaaaaaaaaaay worse than shotgun guys. Insane fire rate, damage, accuracy, and quick to boot.

...seriously though a minor nerf of them wouldn't be a bad idea, considering they went from the difficulty curve of total cannon fodder(vanilla doom), to enemies which can rip you apart in seconds. Beating doom2s wolfenstien levels went from a shooting gallery, to an endurance test. And custom maps with nazis which are gauged to vanilla difficulty become a little impossible with the improved nazis.

On a related note, nazis lit on fire do no burn damage to anyone, that I've noticed. Kind of makes the mancubus cannon useless on them, when it would otherwise be a VERY useful item for it. This also seems to apply to a few burning corpses (imps, zombies) which no longer burn enemies dispite being on fire.
mumblemumble
King of typos

Brutal Doom buglist

Postby aoshiryaev » Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:12 pm

I will try to keep a comprehensive bug list for BD v19 here
1. Rockets deal no damage if they impact a ceiling. (mumblemumble)
2. Shotgun, chaingun and MP40 guys don't drop weapons on stealth kills. (The Zombie Killer)
3. You can jump and crouch during fatalities. They also reset any invulnerability effects that were active before the fatality. (The Zombie Killer)
4. MP40 sprites seem to be extremely small in world view, refer to the pic to understand me
5. Revenants don't always knock targets back (The Zombie Killer)
6. Lost Soul attacks can free marines (bug or feature?) (The Zombie Killer)
7. Offending toggles linedefs (The Zombie Killer)
8. Infinite ammo does not work properly, still consumes ammo (bug or feature?)
9. When holding Lost Souls, kicking frequency is lowered (The Zombie Killer)
10. Rocket launcher is picked up with 2 rockets (bug or feature?) (The Zombie Killer)
11. SSG pickup grants 8 shells despite the gun can only hold 2 :shock:
12. Rvving up Minigun or charging the Plasma Launcher seems to toggle linedefs. (So do launched rockets, but it looks AWESOME) (The Zombie Killer)
13. Shotgun guys shoot only 7 pellets (bug or feature?)
14. Pistol from the mutator has no ADS (bug or feature?)
15. MP40 spawns empty (bug or feature?)
16. Nazis set on fire do no burn damage (mumblemumble)
17. Revenant rocket launcher fire consumes a different amount of ammo per shot (1-2), which often leads to the last shot consuming the ammo without doing anything at all. (mumblemumble)
18. SSG isn't always reloadable
19. Zombiemen who are crawling on the floor, and are then set on fire leave an "unburned" corpse when they die by the fire (same with the shotgun guy) (mumblemumble)
20. The new marines when blown apart by spider mastermind chaingun fire leave normal vanilla doom gibs (and also don't finish all the frames) (mumblemumble)
21. 1+ health bonuses from stomping crawling enemies (like the ripped in half hell baron) are only collected if the player is moving, requiring the player to constantly shift left and right if he / she wants the bonuses while stomping. (mumblemumble)
22. Hitboxes for revenants and mancubus corpses seem greatly reduced from v18 (mumblemumble)
23. Archvile and Mancubus corpses no longer block players (The Zombie Killer)
24. Imps have issues with knockback (The Zombie Killer)
25. Traps such as AV Map02's soulsphere pickup don't always raise the according walls. Two waves of chaingunners are supposed to be unveiled when you pick it up, but the walls stay still.
26. health potions (+1) raise health above 200% (Vigilante)
27. It doesn't seem possible anymore to scavenge a mancubus arm from its undamaged corpse (Vigilante)
28. The finishing left hook in the melee combo has unreasonable range (Rowsol)
29. Gibs block the teleporters (Rowsol and lots of others)
30. Zombimen don't drop rifles after chicken head deaths.
31. Using v16 zombie sounds makes marine use them as well. (quadruplesword)
32. Sergeant last stand turns into a zombieman after you kill him. //Could not reproduce
33. Zombieman and shotgunguy corpses, when pushed by rocket blast damage can go through walls. (NantoCodd)
34. Kicking Hell Knights with the berserker does not stun them. (doomquake777)
35. Monsters respawned in liquid mysteriously disappear (doomquake777)
36. Corpses of last-standing shotgunners turn into zombimen corpses. (Rowsol) //Could not reproduce
37. Firing 1 shell from the SSG and picking up a shotgunner's dropped gun refills it. (doomquake777)
38. The spidermastermind can't be hit in the head with the flame cannon or revenant missile launcher and the bullet based guns don't draw blood on him (Rowsol)
39. Suffering state Rifle and Shotgun zeds are prone to headshots. (PaskaTykki) //Could not reproduce
40. Arachnotrons have no dynamic lights (mccracken)
41. Blasting a revenant so that its legs keep running allows them to get out of map. (doomquake777)
42. Infighting revenants stop the fights as soon as one was blown to half.(doomquake777)
43. Archviles can ressurect gibs. (armyman12345)
44. Imps can't set Zombimen on fire (PaskaTykki)
45. The new chaingun and rocket launcher sprites are missing (zeero)
46. Doing rolls while in ADS state makes then player stay in third person until a reload
47. Trying too reload while the mag is full in ADS does not cancel spoon, but switches to non-ADS sprite (Hexereticdoom)
48. All new ADSsprites, while unobsructive, are horribly misaligned vertically. Both guns would shoot much higher then they should if fired in this fashion IRL.
49. Gibs of Hell knights spewed in halves tumble indefinitely upon liquids (mumblemumble)
50. Chain gun guys can only be gibbed With a single shotgun blast if the player is on a different height with the heavy weapon guy (Narko)
51. Barrels can only be picked up in Rip and Tear mode and explode otherwise (doomquake777)
52. Reloading the assault rifle removes a bullet if you already have a full magazine.
53. Doomguy sometimes makes a double pain sound effect when he gets hit. (quadruplesword)
54. Hell Knights are unheadshottable from the ground via the SSG. (mumblemumble)
55. Rocket launcher direct hits sometimes split the revenant into two parts instead of just him blowing apart.
56. Revenants are unheadshottable sometimes, with bullets going right through the head.
57. Death frames can be missing, with dead/diyng monsters blinking in and out of view
58. Archvile won't resurrect zombieman, shotgunguy, or chaingunguy. Animation is played but no monster spawns.
59. Imps spawned via demon spitter (final boss enemy generator) seem to blow up occasionally on spawn (I can only tell they are imps by the gibs). Doesn't seem to do it if no-target is on, strangely enough.
60. Flaming barrels can get slightly knocked around by explosives (only very slightly. Works as intended?...)
61. Barrels still explode from berserk kicks, flying kicks (I can understand that one) and heavy punches.
62. Skulltag minigun, grenade launcher, and railgun do not convert into their brutal doom counter parts.
63. In deathmatch / ctf, the ssg only gives a puny 5 shells on pickup (supposed to be 2 IRL, or 8 in-game, but broken anyway)
64. In deathmatch / ctf, the plasma gun gives 125 ammo, which means an partial clip since the clip size is now 50 again
65. Flames of the player fired mancubus cannon do not do damage to player
66. Captured marines set free in a cramped spot (the large hole with goodies in doom2 map03) often disappear through walls.
67. Zombieman pain sounds seem different than the ones in previous versions, slightly grainier.
68. Can there at least be an option to remove the "auto re-aim" or whatever it is with fists, if not removing it entirely? Having my aim being thrown toward a guy I hit makes doing combos on precisely the right guys a giant pain, since your aim is constantly being thrown around from guy to guy, especially when trying to make that hook hit exactly the right spot to get 2 guys at once.
69. Sprites for the player using a rocket launcher display as hip level instead of shoulder mounted for all 3 away facing sprites
70. flying kicks are still disabled for railgun / grenade launcher / bfg10k
71. Fire from entities does not deal damage on the following things: Burning (dead) imps, burning cacodemons (dead, but flying "burn radius" is tiny compared to the massive caco, it barely hits) burning barons, burning hell knights, revenants, and pretty much any larger demon.
*Cacodemons do not seem to reliably try dodging revenant rockets as they are fired, like the rocket launcher and minigun. They sometimes dodge, but its not when you click on them, its SOMETIMES when its homing. Would love to see this fixed so I can see a caco desperately trying to flea my rockets. hehe.
72. The dead imp state of being bent over, and missing his left arm is not an interactive body.
73. Crawling zombies set on fire do not leave burnt corpses when they fully die. Also, crawling burning shotgun guys turn into normal zombiemen corpses when they die.
74. corpses of shotgun guys laying on their stomach are not launched by explosions, but are destructible (I mean ones made by nearby explosions which dismembers limbs but keeps the body intact)
75. Last stand zombies when lit on fire miraculously gain their leg back, and run around on both legs before dying
76. Frame between an imp burning to death and him turning into a corpse is a bleeding and falling over imp, but unburned.
77. Damage rate of mancubus cannon (player wielded) fires on the ground seem slightly less than before (could be intentional)
78. Sawn apart zombie men with the chainsaw make 1 massive sprite of them being in 2 pieces, instead of 2 individual sprites like other zombies /
79. Chainsawing a mancubus body no longer gives the cannon.
80. Shooting imps/zombies with a chaingun/shotgun occasionally makes a missing death animation, with all sprites blank besides the ending corpse.
81. It seems exceedingly difficult to kill a revenant with a point blank double barrel head shot, as it almost always dismembers him into his legless state.
82. Occasionally if a player dies with the vanilla death animtion (falling forward) he may also have an arm gib flying off, even though both arms remain on him (done with lost souls, but also works with gunfire)
83. SSG accuracy sometimes prevents a head-shot kill, with all the extra buck flying in other directions.
84. Burning trees in multiplayer bounce around from explosives.
85. Revenant non-guided missiles don't knock back Imp, Rifle Zombie and Shotgun Zombie.
86. Pump Shotgun have iron sight problem. This happen when you have 0 pocket ammo and you reload Pump Shotgun, then you pickup shotgun ammo, it start immediality reload. Seems like it try reload but cant because you dont have ammo and thats why iron sight doens't work.
87. Cant kill head shot suffering state Rifle and Shotgun Zombie.

Phew, seems to be all. PM me if I missed something.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by aoshiryaev on Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:54 am, edited 21 times in total.
aoshiryaev

Re: Brutal Doom buglist

Postby mallo » Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:45 pm

Shouldn't you do that in Brutal Doom's thread?
mallo
GO TO NEXT SECTOR.

Postby aoshiryaev » Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:56 pm

I tried to make a separate thread to keep all reports in one place and so it does not her lost behind a load of new posts.
aoshiryaev

Postby Hellser » Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:18 pm

You're doing it wrong. Post this in the Brutal Doom thread. We already have enough Brutal *insert random object / game here* threads. Not to mention, a recent influx of said stuff in the Bugs section, which the developers can't do anything about.
Hellser
Remember Citadel
Global Moderator

Discord: Hellser#8156
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan Support

Postby wildweasel » Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:35 pm

Incidentally, aoshiryaev, this is the third place you've posted this. I've merged it into the Brutal Doom thread and not bothered to remove the older posts. Just please don't do it again.
wildweasel
change o' pace.
Moderator Team Lead

Postby Rowsol » Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:52 pm

I've reported like 4 bugs and I don't see any of mine on that list.
Rowsol

Postby Quadruplesword » Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:18 pm

26. health potions (+1) raise health above 200% (Vigilante)

I thought that was a feature?
Quadruplesword

Postby aoshiryaev » Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:21 pm

That's up to Sgt to decide, I just try to compile everything bug-like.
aoshiryaev

PreviousNext

Return to Abandoned/Dead Projects