Moon Trilogy: Part II: BloodMoon initial release

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: Moon Trilogy: Part II: BloodMoon initial release

Post by wildweasel »

printz wrote:
wildweasel wrote:
  • I know I submitted the charged plasma bolter to the Weapon Resource Wad, but I didn't do it so that amateurish mods like yours could rip it off.
Then ask that they get removed from realm667, if you prefer to see who uses your resources and who doesn't. I wish that only the users who don't care at all how others can trash their works submit theirs to realm667.
It's not on realm667's armory at all. I submitted it to the dead WRW project years ago. Since then, I've seen my plasma bolter in three shuffle mods counting this one...and those are the only times I've seen it used. I can't exactly have it removed from the WRW, since it's dead and unmaintained.
Jimmy

Post by Jimmy »

I started up the mod and at first I was like:
Spoiler:
But then I saw the next three maps and was like:
Spoiler:
And then I warped to the final level and I was like:
Spoiler:
Then when I got to the last room I was like:
Spoiler:
And when I got to the boss I was like:
Spoiler:
But I think my entire experience (all 45 seconds of it) can be summed up in this:

That was by far one of the strangest WADs I've ever played.
printz

Post by printz »

This sounds like Cacoward material. Can anyone confirm? If true, could anyone who played be nice enough to post about it in the Doomworld Wads & Mods thread, nominating it as "worst wad"?
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

printz wrote:This sounds like Cacoward material. Can anyone confirm? If true, could anyone who played be nice enough to post about it in the Doomworld Wads & Mods thread, nominating it as "worst wad"?
That category should just be abandoned altogether.
Imp Hunter

Post by Imp Hunter »

This wad in one image
Spoiler:
Ethril

Post by Ethril »

Salad Viking wrote:(post full of "[censored word]")
THAT IS NOT WHAT THE WORD "[censored word]" MEANS

OR "GAY" FOR THAT MATTER

:|
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

Drake Raider hasn't replied to any of my criticism, yet I know he still visits the forums every day at about the same time...perhaps we've scared him into silence.
Shadelight

Post by Shadelight »

wildweasel wrote:Drake Raider hasn't replied to any of my criticism, yet I know he still visits the forums every day at about the same time...perhaps we've scared him into silence.
and publicly calling him out on it will get him to reply to it any faster?
Ethril

Post by Ethril »

I dunno, an extended period of lurking can be beneficial for the lurker; It's a good time to learn, experiment, and improve.

I learned DECORATE entirely from looking at the Wiki and studying (not plagiarizing, mind you) other people's work, for example.
InsanityBringer

Post by InsanityBringer »

I remember learning the basis of DECORATE via looking at the DECORATE.LMP file that was included with Zdoom 2.0.63a (wow, that was a long time ago. heh). I made monsters... like the PowerImp...
Drake Raider

Post by Drake Raider »

Oh, sorry, I wasn't lurking, I just didn't have anything to post, and it didn't make much sense to start an argument for no good reason. I DO have a few things I did delibrerately, and most of the code was a rewrite of the original. It was mostly the resources that were kept from the rips, and to those whose code I actually did use, sorry I forgot to credit you, I've been working on this for 6 months, and in the excitement of finishing it, missed some things. The code I kept was because I CANNOT for the life of me write a decent reload sequence, and also, the Plasma Bolter had a cool behavior. The rest was mine, or Randy's from the decorate in the ZDoom release. The level layout was deliberate, I will explain that at a later time. But it was poorly done. I spent today rebuilding my maps quite a bit. They are still tiled, and still share a layout, but there is a reason for that. I'm in the process of remaking this without the jacked resources, again, sorry I forgot to credit, and some other improvements. The code I borrowed, I mostly kept for a reason, however, like the ones previously mentioned. I will remember to credit it this time, hopefully, though.
Salad Viking

Post by Salad Viking »

Well, it's good to hear that you're making an effort to improve your work.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”