[ON HOLD] Pokémon DOOM: Titanium

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
SoulCrow

Re: (WIP) Pokémon DOOM: Titanium

Post by SoulCrow »

I vote stick to the release schedule.
krokots

Post by krokots »

I want to play this....NOW!
Seriously, this could be one of the best mods i've seen. Good luck with your work!
Kate
... in rememberance ...

Post by Kate »

Big C bumped me to ask for progress. There has been none, so for now I'm going to instead leave you with a work in progress of what I have compiled up so far.

You can get Pre-Alpha here (You'll need the Doom Pokédex too) to play with for now. I'll eventually finish up stuff (X-Speed doesn't do much iirc and evolutions aren't in yet so keeping monsters isn't too useful right now) but the development is stalled for now, I just haven't had a will to do more programming on it.

I'll do a proper update sooner or later.
Kate
... in rememberance ...

Post by Kate »

Quick clarification on three things:
  1. You will NEED to disable Smart Aim in order for the targetting to work properly. If you have problems ordering your monsters around even when they're in the center of the screen, turn Smart Aim OFF in the Gameplay Options.
  2. Keep in mind that in order to recall monsters, you'll have to hold the alt-fire down for three seconds. Watch the countdown above the monster's head and keep it directly below your crosshair.
  3. It will take longer if you try to recall a monster from a larger distance. At ~1500 units, you cannot recall a monster at all. You will need to get closer.
Big C

Post by Big C »

I don't blame you for needing a break. Something like this must be a real headbender to code for.
Kate
... in rememberance ...

Post by Kate »

Oh god yes, there's an entire build process for wads, and I had to split it up into several ACS modules to be able to get the customizable pokédex / regional expansions to work. Eventually I'll make more regional expansions that allow it to run other games, and possibly allow mixing games for that ZDoom Wars experience.
Big C

Post by Big C »

Oh, wow. I had no idea it was going to be so ambitious.

Hell, you could fill an entire Pokedex just with Realm 667 contributions. (Maybe use some of the tougher R667 monsters for legendaries?)
Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Post by Ghastly »

Big C wrote:Hell, you could fill an entire Pokedex just with Realm 667 contributions.
/me looks at the Dark Archvile, Hell Squire and Trash Monster, and curls up in a corner.
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

This mod has got to be the very best, like no mod ever was.

Post by Matt »

Ethril wrote:wut
Isn't "soiling yourself" pretty much the same thing as "shitting yourself"?
My reading was that he shat himself again, this time so hard that time accelerated around his bunghole and his shit turned into soil.

Given the awesome we're faced with here that is quite plausible.

Can you actually get killed as the player in this?
Kate
... in rememberance ...

Post by Kate »

Yes. That's the game over in standard mode (easy medium and hard), in complex mode it acts more like the original Pokémon where losing all six of your current party means you have to start over, although as added challenge you can still get knocked out yourself.
Ian

Post by Ian »

Wow, this wad looks cool, but I have 1 problem though, when I try to download the files they come up as wad7 files instead of just wads and they end up not working, does anyone mind helping me out .

Edit: Finally got it working, thanks for your help, cool wad btw
Last edited by Ian on Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blaskowitz

Post by Blaskowitz »

Pokemon? In my DOOM?
LordTyphoon

Post by LordTyphoon »

Blas?
Kowitz? In my forums?

I don't even-

FUUUUUU-

Desu-

Lolocaust-

Whateverdumbmeme-

Useless posts-

I really gotta stop making comebacks to lame posts with even lamer posts..
Last edited by LordTyphoon on Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kate
... in rememberance ...

Post by Kate »

Ian wrote:Wow, this wad looks cool, but I have 1 problem though, when I try to download the files they come up as wad7 files instead of just wads and they end up not working, does anyone mind helping me out .
Ah, use a launcher, or just rename them to .pk3 if you're trying to drag and drop them.
bleant

Post by bleant »

I'm getting a fatality:
Spoiler:

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”