[ON HOLD] Pokémon DOOM: Titanium

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Kate
... in rememberance ...

Re: [ON HOLD] Pokémon DOOM: Titanium

Post by Kate »

if you want to add monsters, you'll need the following files in addition to editing the Decorate as well:
PokeDOOM_Src.zip
ACS Sources
(33.86 KiB) Downloaded 359 times
DMRGDEX.acs is the file that you want to change in your addon, specifically the NUM_MONSTERS, and you'll need stats for the new monster being added (should be self-explanatory if you've played pokémon before - AP is PP for all moves by the way)

The ACS you compile it into replaces the standard Doomdex. To get new monsters to appear, you need to make a new spawner for them - see any of the existing Generator* actors in the Actors/Monsters directory in the Doomdex.

HUGE NOTE: I'm still working on this, so be careful because future versions will probably not retain any kind of compatibility at all. In other words, if and when I update this in the future, do be prepared to change your add-ons to keep up with my changes if you want it to still work properly. This should be a given, considering it IS a WIP.
mallo

Post by mallo »

@PS I hope you will doesn't get mad if I'll use it for my Pokemon mod.

You know: Pokemon cities, pokemons (sprites from mystery dungeon) etc.
I know somebody is creating WAD like that, but he doesn't seem to release it soon. And i wanna create my OWN. :)
Tapwave
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Tapwave »

You could've just pmed her instead of bumping the topic.
Xaser

Post by Xaser »

terranova wrote:You could've just pmed her instead of bumping the topic.
No, it's on topic and continues a previous line of discussion. It's not a content-less "is it done?" or "lol bump," so why shouldn't he use the thread that's set aside for this particular topic to speak about this particular topic?
Tapwave
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Tapwave »

Xaser wrote:
terranova wrote:You could've just pmed her instead of bumping the topic.
No, it's on topic and continues a previous line of discussion. It's not a content-less "is it done?" or "lol bump," so why shouldn't he use the thread that's set aside for this particular topic to speak about this particular topic?
Yeah, sorry, but usually supposedly codes/resources bits requests from other projects that are in threads who were left unactive for quite some time are done via pm, right?
TheNHDOOM

Post by TheNHDOOM »

The launchers link is broken, so I have to drag and drop the pk7, and that doesn't give me a starter, nor does it allow me to capture monsters.
Josh771

Post by Josh771 »

You could try using a batch file to run it; that's what I do for all my various mod setups. Just create a text file in your ZDoom/GZDoom directory and type in:

zdoom -file firstFile.wad secondFile.pk3 thirdFile.pk7

...and so on. Of course, you'll want to use the files' actual names and type 'gzdoom' if you're using that instead. Then rename the .txt file to a .bat and double-click it. Instant shortcut to Pokemon Doom (or whatever mod).
TheNHDOOM

Post by TheNHDOOM »

It doesn't work. I still get a Decorate script error when trying to load doomdex.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”