[Demo] ZBlood+ demo (2012.03.23, p1)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
doomjedi

Re: [WIP] "There Will Be ZBlood." ZBlood+: assistance reques

Post by doomjedi »

I'm glad the project is still on :)
Мichаеlis

Post by Мichаеlis »

(since it's already bumped I feel free to just reply)

Yes, it is.
PFL

Post by PFL »

I have tried the 17 levels released back then. I see there is more now. Your work on this is GREAT. Is there a download link nearby?
Zombieguy

Post by Zombieguy »

I think not.... I hope to see a release, though. This version will be tons better than the original ZBlood.
Jinal

Post by Jinal »

Zombieguy wrote:I think not.... I hope to see a release, though. This version will be tons better than the original ZBlood.
Although nothing will replace the original Blood but we'll see how well this new version will do.
Мichаеlis

Re: [Demo] ZBlood+ demo (2012.03.23, p1)

Post by Мichаеlis »

See first post.
===========================================================================================
===========================================================================================
Not in spoiler because it visually separates two distinct epochs: pre-demo and demo. When another epoch comes, this picture will hide in spoiler.
Ribo Zurai

Post by Ribo Zurai »

Just played it, freaking awesome. Almost felt like the original game. :D

Just one big thing. The bats.

I almost never can hit them with guns, I have to explode them to get rid of those lil devils. Also, if you burn them to death, they will float/fly away forever. And I believe their corpses float in midair too.
Мichаеlis

Post by Мichаеlis »

Thanks!

As for bats, the last-minute absence-of-decision is what makes them this way. I was thinking about removing damage from them instead though. So that they would fit in the role proposed by Blood's readme:

...They fly around, chirping and swooping down on the player, but rarely cause damage. However, bats have a tendency to swarm and distract the player while more dangerous enemies attack. Bats can also get in the crossfire between the player and an enemy. A misplaced shot with the Napalm Launcher at a nearby bat can cause an explosion in Caleb's face.

Copied this from BWiki, but I think I read something similar in readme back in the days.

The float/fly away forever is a bug, and it will be fixed.
The corpses floating is a weird bug that will be fixed too (but, strangely enough, I have tried to fix it many times before with zero success).
However, they have a silver lining that won't be away: if there's enough of them, you can climb on them to the heights by jumping repeatedly and letting them follow you from lower level. The most obvious example of this is on MAP09 (train station), right outside the train station. You can get Life Seed on the sloped roof earlier than when coming from inside. It also lets you fight through the station in different order!
Zombieguy

Post by Zombieguy »

Freaking sweet! Downloading ASAP!
Corak

Post by Corak »

Found 3 bugs in v4.3 of ZBlood+

Here to download my Full repack (pk7 (7zip) Repacked to pk3 (ZIP) for better performance... Because it Have to upload FULL 7Z archive in Memory to play, and it VERY slows down Game)
http://cs5157.userapi.com/u19599501/doc ... 3Demo.docx
or
http://www.mediafire.com/?e9fpl6sasfjs3nm

1.Burning-flying dead Bats. (was posted already by someone)
2.Flame from Lighter+Spray has Uncorrect/bad animation, and so burning ones.
3.In third level there is a Zombie. When you kill him you die Also. So look like some Life trigger connected.
Save with this Zombie:
http://www.mediafire.com/?g98h6091p96v9d1
or
http://cs5157.userapi.com/u19599501/doc ... save6.docx

P.S. docx - Rename to ZIP (Same ZIP) or open in WinRAR.
Gothic

Post by Gothic »

seriously, having polyobjects and sndseqs, why still using the normal doom functions in Zblood? thats the only bad thing
but finally! I was waiting an update for zblood! :D the new effects are amazing, and the new decorates are good worked, especially the zombie head
PFL

Post by PFL »

Ahhhh. This is good news. What band... does it begin with a "M" ? :-)
Ravick

Post by Ravick »

"Oh, I want it! I want it! I want it!" (Caleb)
Dan50

Post by Dan50 »

I'm getting zbtextic.pk7:decorate/projectiles.txt line 290:paintype error when starting with them.
ChronoSeth

Post by ChronoSeth »

Мichаеlis wrote:Absolutely obviously, you'll need the latest SVN version of either one.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”