[Demo] ZBlood+ demo (2012.03.23, p1)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Snarboo

Re: [WIP] "There Will Be ZBlood." ZBlood+: assistance reques

Post by Snarboo »

Мichаеlis wrote:Snarboo, I've looked into your wad. The Tesla Cannon in particular is what I will be glad to implement. Especially Alt-Fire (because the one that's in ZB+ right now sucks hard).
I'm glad to hear that. :D I didn't modify the graphics at all, just imported them from Blood as PNGs so the palette stayed intact.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Awesome, I really was waiting for this :)
FuzzyBlaze

Post by FuzzyBlaze »

Just so everyone knows it, im a co-leader for this project now. :3:
TheMistress

Post by TheMistress »

Lucario wrote:Just so everyone knows it, im a co-leader for this project now. :3:
Congratulations :3:
Also is there going to be any beta releasing soon =o?
FuzzyBlaze

Post by FuzzyBlaze »

Not yet for a while.
Мichаеlis

Post by Мichаеlis »

Yes, I confirm that Jessica has gotten to this :3:
We will release a public beta when ALL (or ALMOST all) actors are done the closest possible way we can afford without rewriting entire (G)ZDoom :wink: The beta will bear a proud number of 4.3 .
However, we will surely need some more assistance. Mapping (=recreating) and playtesting are the most notable things that can never be too much.

(Some on-topic blabber:)
There are a few features that would be nice to implement but which are impossibly hacky without this. And I failed to compile (G)ZDoom on Windows while following the instructions on Wiki, so I can't even beta-test this code I submitted :? .
I'll have another try in a few days, but if there is anyone able to test this code and/or correct/improve it, it would be great too.
Мichаеlis

Post by Мichаеlis »

tl;dr version: NOT DEAD

Work is being done. Most of it is aimed at restoring original behavior of objects, and non-vanilla special effects are being coded in just for lulz during the hour of relaxation :)

Since everyone interested has totally seen Blood thousands of times, and ZBlood hundreds of times, here is something completely original to ZBlood+ --- simulated flood.
Spoiler: FX
CaptainToenail

Post by CaptainToenail »

Lethal bubblebath? :|
SoulCrow

Post by SoulCrow »

Looks like dry ice rather than a flood to be honest.
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Post by NightFright »

For now, you are only recreating selected levels from the game? I am asking because I see that the fourth map is from Ep.6 right now, which seems to be taken from the "Plasma Pak" addon. ^^
Мichаеlis

Post by Мichаеlis »

CaptainToenail, BoldEnglishman, yes, these shots don't look too convincing. What would you recommend to improve the effect?

NightFright, all maps from ZBlood (before +) are named MAPxy, and MAP04 is one of those. It was created by either Doorhenge or Psyren, not us.
Original Blood levels are called B1ExMy for reference, and new ones (by Lucario) are called ExMy. All mapping progress at the moment is up to her.
[rant=dreams] If we ever do the total recreation of all blood maps, then ZBlood maps by Psyren and Doorhenge will be packed into a separate episode, with their own story. [/rant] But as far as I see this is a matter of distant future, no closer than ZBlood v5.0.
SoulCrow

Post by SoulCrow »

Мichаеlis wrote:What would you recommend to improve the effect?
No offence, but I'm not really sure as to why you're trying to do this in the 1st place seen as it has nothing to do with Blood :/
Мichаеlis

Post by Мichаеlis »

BoldEnglishman wrote:No offence, but I'm not really sure as to why you're trying to do this in the 1st place seen as it has nothing to do with Blood :/
Surely no offence!
Мichаеlis wrote:...and non-vanilla special effects are being coded in just for lulz during the hour of relaxation :)
Seriously, this isn't vital to ZBlood, but could be used some day. It's ZBlood+, and it has (switchable) non-canonic content (including the also-pictured KILLING STAR).
It can be thought of as a thirty-minute worth spin-off.
Spleen

Post by Spleen »

I really hope you guys include voxel models in this, now that ZDoom supports them.
Мichаеlis

Post by Мichаеlis »

What is so much better about voxels than about Transfusion models we use now? (Except being perfectly vanilla, of course)

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”