-=- HexenHanced -=-
Hexen Gameplay Remix for ZDoom
What it does:
- It affects the gameplay, of course! There are new strategies and attacks to get used to. If you're obsessive about "old school" Hexen, this mod is obviously not for you.
- All the original weapons have been updated with tweaked attacks and animations.
- They each have their own Alternate attack (for the AltFire button).
- They even have powered-up modes for use with Heretic's Tome of power. And yes, the Tome is here too!
- New sounds for many different things.
- A few additional items.
- New Status Bars, including a fullscreen HUD. (By popular demand! )
- Numerous other tweaks... The rest of the info file describes the changes in concise detail.
The mod is a PK3 inside a zip - no size advantage, but it's simpler to get to the info file. Just pull out the PK3 and load it up with Hexen. (More detailed info is included in Info.txt, and see the end of this post for miscellaneous notes.)
To download, click the cursor of thine mouse hither.
Note: For those who already have v1.4 to v1.4b, and know how to modify PK3 files: Download and apply this patch. Follow the instructions included as ReadMe.txt in the zip. This will update your copy to version 1.4c.
Here's some (slightly aged) screenshots, so I don't get axed:
Spoiler: Screenshots: Fighter Weapons
Spoiler: Screenshots: Cleric Weapons
Spoiler: Screenshots: Mage Weapons
- The files are hosted on the DRD Team Share Space. If you download, please report any problems with them (but I do hope there aren't any).
- If you find any glaring balance issues, they can be considered. Just remember, tomed attacks are supposed to be overpowered. (Which makes Korax even more of a sissy, I tell ya.)
- It has been tested obsessively during development and afterward, both in ZDoom and GZDoom. If you play, please report any bugs with the mod itself... But read Known issues in Info.txt beforehand, so you know what problems I know about already.
- Many thanks to everyone who has helped find bugs!
- This is not necessarily all finished! While this release is usable as-is, I hope to do more on it (like redone monsters) in the future.