Dsdoom3 - 32 map Total Conversion almost done!

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
FANADICALCOWHEAD

Re: Dsdoom3

Post by FANADICALCOWHEAD »

CaptainToenail wrote:I see your still using those old zombie-edits. Ghastly Dragon has created some very cool better ones recently.

I don't really like the way you are running your projects, I remember playing the Doom64 II WIP, it had quite a few great maps that authors spent a lot of time on, myself included. Seems like a waste of time because I doubt they will ever be played - at least I uploaded my own to idGames.
Who said Doom64 II is dead? There's been a lot of "behind the scenes" work done, sure I'm not currently working on it, but once Dsdoom3 is done (It'll most likely be done halfway through 2011) I'll dedicate my mapping time to Doom64 II and hopefully wrap it up sometime around 2012.
Ghastly sent me the Zombie sprites and I'll definitely add them in when I have my next "mapper's block"
Sodaholic

Post by Sodaholic »

This looks great so far! And, yes, I accept you offer for help on the doom bible tc. :) (I will pm you when I need anything done)
FANADICALCOWHEAD

Sodahollic wrote:This looks great so far! And, yes, I accept you offer for help on the doom bible tc. :) (I will pm you when I need anything done)
Thanks! I'm really looking forward to working with both and Crystal Wolf!
FANADICALCOWHEAD

Re: Dsdoom3 and ZdsDoom3

Here's an exclusive first preview for Map20 - Resurface/Gateway!
esselfortium

Re: Dsdoom3 and ZdsDoom3 - 32 map Total Conversion

Post by esselfortium »

It looks an awful lot like the other maps...
FANADICALCOWHEAD

OH SHIT! YOU'VE UNCOVERED IT'S HIDEOUS SECRET!
Well I'm not going to lie, you're right, I repeatedly used most of the same tech-base textures for the tech-base places. Originally I was planning on covering up my laziness with the original doom3's "Every texture looks the same" or "Maximum performance can be achieved with little detail and limited textures" or "It's a theme it's supposed to look the same" But now, I'm just going to give in to the truth and bask in my own shame..
Well actually, now that you mention it, you wouldn't happen to know of any texture sets that would match the "Doom2.5" look I'm going after would you?
esselfortium

Post by esselfortium »

I dunno but there's a ton of textures in NMN Corp 2 and you're apparently only using like three of them :P
FANADICALCOWHEAD

oops
Trooper 077

Post by Trooper 077 »

You seem to have no faith in this project whatsoever
Mikk-

Post by Mikk- »

Trooper 077 wrote:You seem to have no faith in this project whatsoever
Are you usually this scant on details? I mean, come on, a little explanation would be bloody useful right now, that sentence isn't going to help at all.
FANADICALCOWHEAD

Mikk- wrote:
Trooper 077 wrote:You seem to have no faith in this project whatsoever
Are you usually this scant on details? I mean, come on, a little explanation would be bloody useful right now, that sentence isn't going to help at all.
Truth is he's right, no one's going to like my project except for a select few, same thing happened with all my other wads. So rather than getting my hopes up, I'm just preparing my mind for the worse. But that doesn't stop me from enjoying this, and this wad is more for me anyway, something I can play during those long road trips or air-flights or whatever. But if the community really loves it, well, that'll simply be a bonus for creating the game that I've wanted since 2006.
Xim

Post by Xim »

I think this looks like it has some really great potential. You've got some really great level design, so don't just half-ass it because you don't think other people are going to like it.
FANADICALCOWHEAD

Xim wrote:I think this looks like it has some really great potential. You've got some really great level design, so don't just half-ass it because you don't think other people are going to like it.
Half ass it? Au contraire, I'm giving it the best I got. I'm just saying that the "big executives", "Hot shot reviewers" and a good portion of their followers generally hate my wads
Spoiler:
I really like Dsdoom3, my friends that enjoy classic games liked dsdoom3 and a few other doomers seem to like it too. Anyway, if you like it, you like it, if you don't, you don't. Simple as that
Xim

Post by Xim »

Yeah I'll admit I didn't find KDIP the greatest, but it was decent. But I do like the looks of this, it should be fun.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

FANADICALCOWHEAD wrote:Truth is he's right, no one's going to like my project except for a select few, same thing happened with all my other wads. So rather than getting my hopes up, I'm just preparing my mind for the worse. But that doesn't stop me from enjoying this, and this wad is more for me anyway, something I can play during those long road trips or air-flights or whatever. But if the community really loves it, well, that'll simply be a bonus for creating the game that I've wanted since 2006.
The thing is, you generally want to make your mods for yourself anyway. If YOU don't like your own mod, then something's wrong.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”