[WIP] Taboo Love (Dialog System done!)

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
JMAA

[WIP] Taboo Love (Dialog System done!)

Post by JMAA »

Surprise! The not so long kept secret finally showed up.
Anyways, the mod will be some kind of interactive romantic adventure thing, with... gays. Yeah. This will be a sideproject to Doom's Inferno. It will also include several minigame kind of things.
The story:
Spoiler:
Basically, the gameplay goes around choosing the right story, and that is what the "final score" depends.

For now, just the dialog system. Now, a task log of what to do myself next:
  • Get a working dialog system.
  • Gather/Make resources (textures, sprites, etc.)
esselfortium

Re: [WIP] Taboo Love (Dialog System done!)

Post by esselfortium »

Just what the ZDoom has always needed, a gay furry dating sim.

Seriously though, that might be exactly what the ZDoom has always needed.
yomoneyboat

Post by yomoneyboat »

I support this idea 900%
zap610

Post by zap610 »

I'm a gay bisexual furry into being whipped by elephant trunks while being pegged by a rhino horn; can I make a cameo?
JMAA

Post by JMAA »

I know the project sounds like ass, but not everyone's life is based on a game, or net identity or anything.
It was just an idea hanging out, it seemed for me as something out of limits, not everything is shooting imps and finding keys to open a door.
esselfortium

Post by esselfortium »

This is my reaction to the way this thread has gone so far.
Mikk-

Post by Mikk- »

JMAA wrote:Finding keys to open a door.
In this case, it's finding keys to open a gay furry's back "door"
Snarboo

Post by Snarboo »

There's nothing really taboo these days about homosexual relationships. Even the furry angle isn't shocking anymore.

How about a full blown Doom dating sim where you have two options when encountering a monster: kill them or convince them to have sex with you. If you can convince them to have sex with you, a graphic, pixelated sex scene ensues while badly written slash fiction scrolls up the screen. Monster sex is determined randomly, so the sex scene can be gay, straight or other, for monsters of an undetermined sex.
Last edited by Snarboo on Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
esselfortium

Post by esselfortium »

Mikk- wrote:
It's so good that we have JMAA to bring this classic tradition of Doom gameplay into the emerging gay furry dating sim genre.
zap610

Post by zap610 »

Mikk- wrote:
A great Doom wad would be finding the key to get JMAA to stop posting.
JMAA

Post by JMAA »

Stop it, seriously.
Suming up:
  • I'm not trying to catch anyone's attention, this is just an idea I came up with and I wanted to show off just by far sharing. Nothing else.
  • Maybe I'm just a silly attention caller, in past and maybe present, but jeez, I'm not even trying to do that, seriously.
  • Live with the fact that Doom mods aren't limited to shooting and killing. Mods can be ANYTHING, as you can modify anything at your will (maybe with some limitations around, but that doesn't matter).
esselfortium

Post by esselfortium »

JMAA wrote:
  • Live with the fact that Doom mods aren't limited to shooting and killing. Mods can be ANYTHING, as you can modify anything at your will (maybe with some limitations around, but that doesn't matter).
Yes, we've already gathered that this game is about "modding" "something" at your will in spite of the limitations of society and of what people are willing to accept as art. What of it?
zap610

Post by zap610 »

JMAA wrote:Stop it, seriously.
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████ ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████ ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████ ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████ ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████ ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████ ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████ ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████ ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████ ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████ ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████ ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████ ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████ ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████ ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████ ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████ ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████ ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████ ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████ ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████ ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

So, after making a name for yourself by posting about your "extra curricular experiences" in the Off Topic forum and being publicly ridiculed and censured for it, you felt the best way to address this was to come back as a "reformed character" and you figured that the best way to show how much you'd changed was to make a Doom mod with almost exactly the same plot as that post? :?

Good call. Image
Mikk-

Post by Mikk- »

JMAA wrote:
  • Doom mods aren't limited to shooting and killing
Yes, you can press buttons and open doors too!!

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”