Megaman 8-Bit Deathmatch - Released!

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Beed28

Re: Megaman 8-Bit Deathmatch - Released!

Post by Beed28 »

Wow, this thread takes me back. I was a mere lurker when this was first posted. I loved modding MM8BDM and general playing around with bots.

Fun fact: I even submitted maps for a few competitions. The Wave Man map and one of the CTF maps in the current version are my design. They didn't win first place, sure, but it's an honour to see them in the core. :)
FaggoStorm

Post by FaggoStorm »

Deviluke Roy wrote:
wildweasel wrote: I swear to god, can you call me anything else but "ketchup guy"? I haven't used that avatar for like half a year now specifically because of that.
Huh, never knew that before.
FaggoStorm wrote:
Deviluke Roy wrote:Oh MM8BDM. You're making the MM9 stages and bosses and bots and skins and blub. I stopped playing you some time ago. Eh. I perfered fighting bots than fighting bosses.
Yes. They are going to add MM9, MM10 and MMV to the game.

Also, there are still bots. It works like this: You defeat every robot master stage (full of bots; no bosses) and then you need to complete a bonus stage (no bots; one or more bosses).
...Huh? Did I ask how the campaign worked?

Anyways, I just decided to reply here because of past mm8bdm experiences. There's a billion skins for that mod and unlike doom, nobody uses the base skin. Seriously.

But eh. MM8BDM is what it is, even if I don't play it anymore. Wait, what was I going to say? Oh well.
You only mentioned MM9. I just added a little bit more to what you said.

Also, at the end, you were talking like the only thing they were adding now are just bosses. I just did a correction.

You did not ask about the campaign, of course. You don't need to state the obvious.
Deviluke Roy

Post by Deviluke Roy »

FaggoStorm wrote:
You only mentioned MM9. I just added a little bit more to what you said.

Also, at the end, you were talking like the only thing they were adding now are just bosses. I just did a correction.

You did not ask about the campaign, of course. You don't need to state the obvious.
Ok, Faggo. I didn't mean to say that the only thing they were adding was bosses. They were adding more levels and bosses and skins and...bots, which you can make in a minute. Eh. I was just playing for the stages, the bosses got way too hard later on. IDK, maybe the MM9 bots and onward will have all their bot stats at 4, eventually making the later levels a downplayed version of Easy Levels, Hard Bosses. But isn't most of the MM&B Campaign like that?

I guess I also forgot to mention MM10 and MMV. IDK, does it really matter?
Deviluke Roy

BUG REPORT ft. Sillynot.

Post by Deviluke Roy »

Huh. A double post AND a bump. Well, MM8BDM's still being worked on, v5's been recently released, and I don't want to get a cutstuff account. In other words, this is here because I'm lazy.

Anyways, in Zandronum 3.0, free looking doesn't work in MM8BDM. In Doom (and probably the other doom engine games), freelooking gets you looking up, down, left, right, whatever. in MM8BDM, you can only look left to right. Have fun with some of the bosses!

P.S: Does CutmanMike even look at this thread anymore? You might want to lock it.
Beed28

Post by Beed28 »

Have you tried "Options > Mouse Options > Always Mouselook"?

EDIT: I don't think you need to register for an account at Cutstuff to post, ever since the forum software changed. You could try that.
Deviluke Roy

Post by Deviluke Roy »

Beed28 wrote:Have you tried "Options > Mouse Options > Always Mouselook"?

EDIT: I don't think you need to register for an account at Cutstuff to post, ever since the forum software changed. You could try that.
First: the edit comment: Oh right, that. I remember that. Thanks!

Now: The thing...no. It doesn't work. I actually have "Always Mouselook' on all the time, and it worked before, on version 2.12, but not when I tested it on version 3.0. What, did Dr Light go back to his 'No looking up' mentality? Why would you do that?!

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”