Megaman 8-Bit Deathmatch - Released!

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Cutmanmike
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Re: Megaman 8-Bit Deathmatch

Post by Cutmanmike »

It's already sorted and working don't worry about it. I was explaining to Hotwax that the only thing that was needed is already done (I managed to handle it myself) :wink:
DoomRater
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by DoomRater »

CustomInventory can be made to behave either as respawning objects or objects that always stay. However, this behavior won't be togglable by the user like weapons are.

To force them to stay, simply change the Stop to Fail.
Snarboo

Post by Snarboo »

Won't such a custominventory item repeat it's pickup state every time you walk over it since won't be removed? I know it's possible to put checks in so that doesn't happen, but it's something to consider if that is the case.
DoomRater

Post by DoomRater »

Nope, there is actually an internal check where the item will fail if it fails to give you the last item. Since you can only have one weapon....

Edit: Actually there IS a way to let the player select it: make two types of items and set them to spawn on different difficulty levels. The modder specifies his own custom difficulties, and then the player gets those choices.
OksebShogun

Post by OksebShogun »

well i cant give much help beings im not much of a programmer yet but if you could maybe have other characters playable other than megaman. and id like to see a helmet less megaman for those of us who liked the n64 game just puttin in my 2 cents
Cutmanmike

Post by Cutmanmike »

OksebShogun wrote:for those of us who liked the n64 game just puttin in my 2 cents
0.001% of megaman fans? :P

I might add some skins but that's all you're getting, I don't want to turn this into a class based mod.
Ethril

Post by Ethril »

Hey, Megaman Legends (aka 64) was a great game. It just wasn't very Megaman-ish. :P

And there ARE 8-bit sprites of helmetless Megaman, y'know. It probably wouldn't be all that hard to just copy/paste the hair onto the normal megaman sprites for the additional poses and edit out any remaining visible helmet bits.
Cutmanmike

Post by Cutmanmike »

I know, it's just not at the top of my priority list :P

Btw I sent a test version out for those who seemed keen who have helped me out in the past with Zportal and such. Still waiting for their thoughts on it.
CaptainToenail

Post by CaptainToenail »

Heh, this is what my vision of Super Mario Bros Deathmatch was originally going to be like, I have never played Megaman, and know nothing of it at all, but this looks pretty cool.
DoomRater

Post by DoomRater »

Right now I have nothing to add, other than "do those Gutsman platforms behave exactly as they did in-game? Because omfg gimme floating platform or Rush Jet if they did!"
Captain Ventris

Post by Captain Ventris »

Cutmanmike wrote:I sent a test version out for those who seemed keen who have helped me out in the past with Zportal and such.
Wow, I'm neither, and I got a beta! :P
DoomRater wrote:Right now I have nothing to add, other than "do those Gutsman platforms behave exactly as they did in-game? Because omfg gimme floating platform or Rush Jet if they did!"
You can hop up on the platforms, and they go back and forth, but you have to move or they will slide out from under you.
DoomRater

Post by DoomRater »

I didn't play Megaman, so I dunno if that's original behavior or not. That's what I was asking.
Captain Ventris

Post by Captain Ventris »

DoomRater wrote:I didn't play Megaman, so I dunno if that's original behavior or not. That's what I was asking.
I never played Gutsman's level, haha. I was just describing the behavior in the wad.
Cutmanmike

Post by Cutmanmike »

No no you could just stand on them and they'll carry you. However they occasionally go over thin wire which causes them to drop, meaning you can't stand on them and have to jump with them. I figured putting that in this would be FAR too evil as it's difficult to stay on them anyway. Also they're faster in Megaman.
daimon

Post by daimon »

Looks really cool, reminds me of this, this time for megaman. If you want some help i'll give it a shot (trough the various maps i work like
Spoiler:
) as mapper...

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”