[Hexen] Serpent: Resurrection [New version 09/2017]

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Seidolon

Re: [Hexen] Serpent: Resurrection [New version 01/2016]

Post by Seidolon »

Hey, did you ever use those music fixes that I sent you? I don't see anything mentioning them in the changelog.
Kalazzer

Post by Kalazzer »

I have a problem. Music is not playing no matter what I do :( I'm using Windows 10 and executing the game with no compatibility options (it works fine). I've tried different sound settings and even used the console to play the music but still. Please help, I have the music wads in the same GZdoom folder. What I'm I doing wrong?
The Ultimate DooMer

Post by The Ultimate DooMer »

Now that we have new official GZDoom versions, I'd be interested to hear any feedback from both 1.9 and 2.1 users. (any issues etc. or even if everything works fine, as I prefer quoting official versions for tried-and-tested compatibility)
Seidolon wrote:Hey, did you ever use those music fixes that I sent you? I don't see anything mentioning them in the changelog.
I don't think I did, as I remember them not working for some reason.
Kalazzer wrote:I have a problem. Music is not playing no matter what I do :( I'm using Windows 10 and executing the game with no compatibility options (it works fine). I've tried different sound settings and even used the console to play the music but still. Please help, I have the music wads in the same GZdoom folder. What I'm I doing wrong?
If you're loading serpent0.bat, you won't get any music because it doesn't load a soundtrack. You need to use serpent1.bat or serpent2.bat for music. (1 is demoscene, 2 is fantasy)
Seidolon

Post by Seidolon »

The Ultimate DooMer wrote:
Seidolon wrote:Hey, did you ever use those music fixes that I sent you? I don't see anything mentioning them in the changelog.
I don't think I did, as I remember them not working for some reason.
That's strange. I'll try fixing them again and I'll send you them.
enderkevin13

Post by enderkevin13 »

Do I need both Hexen IWADs to play this?
Ozymandias81
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Ozymandias81 »

enderkevin13 wrote:Do I need both Hexen IWADs to play this?
What.
DOTDC has only maps + 3 demos.
You need hexen.wad and stop.
The Ultimate DooMer

Updated for compatibility with the new 1.9.0/2.1.0 versions. (official benchmarks are far better for a mod this complex)
enderkevin13 wrote:Do I need both Hexen IWADs to play this?
Only if you plan to play Deathkings with the standalone mods...otherwise it's just the main Hexen IWAD.
born v12

Re: [Hexen] Serpent: Resurrection [New version 03/2016]

Post by born v12 »

Hello The Ultimate Doomer

Which program you wrote scripts, and I just want to put it in an RPG-04.acs:

Script 50 (void) // boss display

{
Delay(1);
bosshealth = GetActorProperty (0, APROP_Health);
bosspercent = bosshealth / 50;
if (!boss0)
{
ACS_Execute (51, 0, 0, 0, 0);
setmusic("B2"); // my edit
boss0 = true;
}
setfont ("MessageFont");
hudmessagescale ("1", 0, 46, CR_WHITE, 400.0, 0.1, 0.0);
setfont("LargeFont");
hudmessagescale ("earth lich", 0, 47, CR_DARKRED, 400.0, 12.1, 0.0);
if (bosspercent > 80)
{
hudmessagescale (StrParam (s:"", d:bosspercent, s:" %"), 0, 48, CR_GREEN, 400.0, 30.1, 0.0);
}
else if (bosspercent > 60)
{
hudmessagescale (StrParam (s:"", d:bosspercent, s:" %"), 0, 48, CR_LIGHTBLUE, 400.0, 30.1, 0.0);
}
else if (bosspercent > 40)
{
hudmessagescale (StrParam (s:"", d:bosspercent, s:" %"), 0, 48, CR_GOLD, 400.0, 30.1, 0.0);
}
else if (bosspercent > 20)
{
hudmessagescale (StrParam (s:"", d:bosspercent, s:" %"), 0, 48, CR_ORANGE, 400.0, 30.1, 0.0);
}
else if (bosspercent > 1)
{
hudmessagescale (StrParam (s:"", d:bosspercent, s:" %"), 0, 48, CR_RED, 400.0, 30.1, 0.0);
}
else if (bosshealth > 0)
{
hudmessagescale ("1 %", 0, 48, CR_RED, 400.0, 30.1, 0.0);
delay(1);
}
else
{
hudmessagescale ("0 %", 0, 48, CR_BLACK, 400.0, 30.1, 0.0);
setmusic("");
delay(175);
HudBlank (46);
HudBlank (47);
HudBlank (48);
boss0 = false;
setmusic("04"); // my edit
terminate;
}
delay(1);
Restart;
}

but nothing is not saved. Could you shown how to do it.

PS Sorry for the dumb question and i'm use Slade3. In andvance thanks.
The Ultimate DooMer

I don't actually use Slade, but I'd imagine there's a way to compile scripts in it (as that's the method I used in SLumpED). But an easier thing to do in your case is change the music manually ("puke 808 27" and "puke 808 4" at the console) when the boss arrives/dies. (I left the boss music out of those fights because they don't last long and you don't face them in a closed arena)
Raxu Rangerking

Post by Raxu Rangerking »

Just wondering, but...can we look forward to a sequel of sorts? Because the ending implied there might be more exploring to be done in other lands.
4thcharacter

Post by 4thcharacter »

I think the door to the secret bosses on the monastery is the one that isn't working this time. Even after finishing the the things that you have to do you can't open the door there.

Also, seeing that the classes are have color-motifs that are based on the crystals with different colors that you see throughout the game (orange isn't used) and the single unused space on bottom-right of the character info screen, is there going to be a last additional class?
Someone64

Post by Someone64 »

Not sure if I'm doing bad necroing this thread to ask this but... Using the RPG standalone mod with Hexen, I can't open any of the shop doors. Pressing use on them causes no grunting sound even if it does for the walls. Also, if the RPG menu text being too big due to screen resolution and nothing else?
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

i've played this mod recently with the new soundtrack. really fun beating things up as the fighter... and then getting pissed off because of his infertile attack range. just as i remember it! :P

i actually found a bug with the latest version of this. aside from things that are usually avoidable, like Selene and Banedon's path-finding being a bit wack, the Seeker Wand at the end of the game has bugged weapon-selection. if you switch away from the Seeker at all, you cannot switch back to it. ever. not that you'd want to at that part of the game, but it even happens when you run out of mana and auto-select away from it. caused me a bit frustration, as i had to reload in order to even use the thing again.

also, re: the text scaling, it's because of the "user interface scale" slider in HUD options. turning it to 0 makes the text unreadable. i think the best thing to set it to is 2, then nothing should look wrong. otherwise, author's notes and other various text can get covered up or be out of frame.
The Ultimate DooMer

I think the door to the secret bosses on the monastery is the one that isn't working this time. Even after finishing the the things that you have to do you can't open the door there.
Using the RPG standalone mod with Hexen, I can't open any of the shop doors. Pressing use on them causes no grunting sound even if it does for the walls.
I fixed those earlier this year, you must have an older version.
Seeker Wand
I never use it, which is probably why I didn't spot the issue. You can type "use seekerwand" in the console to swap back to it, instead of reloading.
4thcharacter

Post by 4thcharacter »

I'm actually using the latest version, and compared it with the older version. The old version actually works.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”