[Hexen] Serpent: Resurrection [New version 09/2017]

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
The Ultimate DooMer

Re: [Hexen] Serpent: Resurrection [New player classes 05/201

Post by The Ultimate DooMer »

ChamiChameleon wrote:
4thcharacter wrote:Unknown script error when attempting to open the door behind Korax after fighting him.

Also, is there a .ogg, .wav or mp3 version of the sountracks?
This error is presenting to me as well now. It says "p_startscript: unknown script 32" every time I try to open the door after battling Korax. I have the latest versions of both GZDoom and Serpent Resurrection. Already checked as well, as the only thing that changes are the save files of my game.
I've just tested it with 3.5.1 and the doors work fine. There was a bug like that a while ago (after I added the 3 extra player bosses), are you sure you're using the latest version?
AvzinElkein

Re: [Hexen] Serpent: Resurrection [New version 09/2017]

Post by AvzinElkein »

Also, funny question/request. Can you please make the weapon/RPG packs work on non-Hexen games?
Emmanuelexe

Post by Emmanuelexe »

I'm at more than 15 hours of game and damn, this part wasn't a peace of cake, it was original! :
Spoiler:
We have really to take care with the items, have to not waste them if not we could have really a lot of problems, challenge :)
The pit where if you fall and don't die, you are blocked (like in the temple with the gears) but we have the save anyway.
I feel like the lava part can be really complicate without a minimum of dexterity, better to boost since since the beginning (or starting the game with a good dexterity with the choice of the points).
Same for the money, have to take care and not waste it too quickly (i keep always more than 100 in case), do some enemies pop randomly with money bag? I'm not sure.

Anyway, for now, it's a nice adventure with a survival feeling (for the items/money), and the maps were really interesting after the first "part", long and cool :wink:
ChamiChameleon

Re: [Hexen] Serpent: Resurrection [New player classes 05/201

Post by ChamiChameleon »

The Ultimate DooMer wrote:
ChamiChameleon wrote:
4thcharacter wrote:Unknown script error when attempting to open the door behind Korax after fighting him.

Also, is there a .ogg, .wav or mp3 version of the sountracks?
This error is presenting to me as well now. It says "p_startscript: unknown script 32" every time I try to open the door after battling Korax. I have the latest versions of both GZDoom and Serpent Resurrection. Already checked as well, as the only thing that changes are the save files of my game.
I've just tested it with 3.5.1 and the doors work fine. There was a bug like that a while ago (after I added the 3 extra player bosses), are you sure you're using the latest version?
Ight, I just checked. 3.5.1 version of GZDoom, latest update for Serpent Resurrection. Korax' door still with the bug, and the wall for the secret isn't breaking with anything. May be a missing file or csomething about compatibility flags?
AvzinElkein

Post by AvzinElkein »

Just a friendly bump to let other people know about this nice Hexen mod! I'm about to test the weapons mod first on 3.7.2 in a bit.

Edit: Bug found in the main wad! I tried to pick the Shaman but ended up with the Heretic instead...
The Ultimate DooMer

Post by The Ultimate DooMer »

It has done that occasionally to me before, trying again usually works. (I just tried it in the new 4.0 and works fine)

Speaking of 4.0, I guess that means the bug reports will start coming in...
AvzinElkein

Post by AvzinElkein »

The music pk3s don't work (4.0.0). I was using Serpent1.bat or Serpent2.bat
theleo_ua
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by theleo_ua »

The Ultimate DooMer wrote:It has done that occasionally to me before, trying again usually works. (I just tried it in the new 4.0 and works fine)

Speaking of 4.0, I guess that means the bug reports will start coming in...
What do you think if some day we will start translating your mod to Russian?
Emmanuelexe

Post by Emmanuelexe »

Hello, i play again with Serpent Resurrection, the atmosphere is awesome, specially with the 2nd OST, nice musics.
Good thing i boosted the strenght a lot at the beginning this time!
I'm after snow part and i wanted know what is the use for these items, the little colored bags, what should i do with it?
Screenshot:
https://i.imgur.com/6G347Ho.jpg

I supposed the expansion was a bit flat for the level design except in the cave but there is a part of realistic in this expansion (villages, temples), which make some kind of atmosphere I like in fact, good stuff!
Mix between that and relief with caves. A pleasure to play it again :wink:
Ichor

Post by Ichor »

Manhs wrote:Hello, i play again with Serpent Resurrection, the atmosphere is awesome, specially with the 2nd OST, nice musics.
Good thing i boosted the strenght a lot at the beginning this time!
I'm after snow part and i wanted know what is the use for these items, the little colored bags, what should i do with it?
Screenshot:
https://i.imgur.com/6G347Ho.jpg
Also that obsidian ring there.
Emmanuelexe

Post by Emmanuelexe »

?
Opened the door and beat her anyway

But what about the bags? How do i use it?
SallazarSpellcaster

Post by SallazarSpellcaster »

Manhs wrote:?
Opened the door and beat her anyway

But what about the bags? How do i use it?
They're used in the secret laboratory in the monastery sewers, to access the hidden level.
Emmanuelexe

Post by Emmanuelexe »

Thank you, i found it....but since i destroyed the explosive barrels (no idea it could help for it, fail) i used some other way to go through x)
The secret map looks interesting! :wink:
Let's continue.
edit: ok, apparently, i missed something important x)
Emmanuelexe

Post by Emmanuelexe »

Refinished it with Braxus (cleric type).
I like the part when
Spoiler:
A few flaw, not sure but i think the money bags should give far more money, apparently, the game is made for difficulty "normal" skill 2?
I played on skill 3 - Hard, not sure why but i was often close to not have enough mana and potion flask health, i had to sell a lot of spells and items to save the thing. (and i boosted the melee weapon a lot with Braxus/Cleric type).
In the castle of Dr Frankestein thing, when we fall in the pit, we can't climb to go out of the pit right? I suppose it was said but in case, i just used save state to retry the jumps.
In the hub when we are a pig in the cave, i didnt find the diamond key in the same place in skill 3, i checked internet to be sure, not sure if it disappeared when i did some other missions after that, i mean, i wanted check again as a big but the barrier was come back and couldn't go in the place where there is the item outside with the key so i used no clip but no key, weird.

I will try hard max later, i suppose i will have to boost the melee a lot!

Nice expansion very atmospheric with OST 2! Good choices of theme.
It could be cool to have a Serpent Resurrection 2 with a little more relief and more story : P (random thoughts)

Thank again for this awesome expansion!
SallazarSpellcaster

Post by SallazarSpellcaster »

Difficulty 3 is made to be much more difficult than even difficulty 2, and it assumes that you know the game's mechanics fairly well. You have to better administrate your resources - mana, items, and gold, - and be mindful of enemies' weaknesses and attacks to succeed.

It's never said that you can't get out, you gotta find out the hard way.

If I recall correctly, the key there was replaced by a piece of your character's yellow/red mana weapon. The one in the ice cave, and the one in the mountains are still there, since you need them to enter the castle and the temple.

Serpent Resurrection 2: Electric Boogaloo would be amazing, especially since there's room for a sequel left at the end.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”