- Legacy Of Suffering -

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Janitor

Re: - Legacy Of Suffering v1.0.1 - RELEASED!

Post by Janitor »

Well, I have some thoughts on this: Quadruple Barrel Shotgun? F*CKING AWESOME!; Doom 3 was a terrible, terrible game. This redeems it. Good Job; Are you planning on another release? The English in this mod is in dire need of a native (or fluent) speaker to correct it; Overall, fantastic work.
Logan MTM

Post by Logan MTM »

Probably Yes!
I want to release a new version with a better englishand new Invasion Maps.
Who're interested to help me with the english fixes? :mrgreen:
Janitor

Post by Janitor »

I'd be interested in helping with fixing the english
Logan MTM

Post by Logan MTM »

I just want to say thanks to Randy, Graf Zahl, Osiris Kalev, Enjay, Daniel and all this community! You rock!
Captain Ventris

Post by Captain Ventris »

Congrats, you deserved it!
Janitor

Post by Janitor »

I was one of the Cacoward writers this year, I even wrote your commemoration. Good job! Now, where did I leave my quad-shotgun?
ShadesMaster

Re: - Legacy Of Suffering -

Post by ShadesMaster »

There's just one problem - HOW CAN I PLAY THIS???? :D
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

CodenniumRed wrote:There's just one problem - HOW CAN I PLAY THIS???? :D
Step 1, download.
Step 2, load PK3 file with GZDoom.
Logan MTM

Post by Logan MTM »

The last GZDoom version for sure! :wink:
Nash

Post by Nash »

1) Extract the contents inside the ZIP.
2) There are two PK3s inside the LOS folder; one for GZDoom, the other one is a Skulltag compatibility patch. If you're not using Skulltag, ignore the patch PK3.
3) Drag the PK3s onto gzdoom.exe/skulltag.exe
4) ?????
5) Profit!
perfectpitchrob

Post by perfectpitchrob »

Wow! This wad is amazing!

I am only at the very beginning of map 7 so far, but here are some of my highlights from it -

- Combines the creepiness of Doom 3 with the fast paced action and the large group fights of the classics. Plus, using both the ambiance like doom 3 as well as the metal music during fights (like the classics) was another plus of mine.
- The 4 barreled shotgun!! Wow! I love this thing! It's funny though, when I first got it, I didn't realize that you could fire all 4 shots at the same time, and was just firing off the 4 separately and reloading. I said to myself, "this isn't so amazing, what's everybody raving about?", then I accidentally fired it while reloading, realized its true potential and instantly I smiled just as much as the doom guy does when he picks up a new weapon!
- The jump out of your seat moments - I must've jumped full out of my seat 2 times, and one of those times I yelled out loud! (when a pain elemental appeared right in my viewing range out of nowhere! On a side note, I love that they now have sinister expressions on their faces, like the Doom 64 ones did. It gives them a more evil appearance and coupled with the fact that they spawn those damn lost souls, more reason to pound them with the quad shotgun! :twisted:
- The first appearance of the manicubi - Having those guys appear in the slime tunnels just like Doom 3 ROE brought back memories of that game. It was good that they actually appear more often in this game than Doom 3/ROE as they are one of my favorite Doom enemies
- Map 6 - Holy shit! This map, mainly the beginning is full of chilling moments. I won't go into too much detail, but for those who have played it probably know what I'm talking about.

- Well Done Logan! You truly deserved this award and I can't wait to see more like this!
icemann

Post by icemann »

Just registered here inorder to give my comments on this mod.

Wow this mod is fraking fantastic. If Doom 3 had never been released, and instead we`d gotten a true Doom (in gameplay) sequel, something like this is exactly what I would have wanted.

The level design is great, as is the gameplay, the new weapons fit perfectly and become a natural part of gameplay. For example the quadruple shotgun after a short time just feels natural and part of doom.

For me the mod really hits its peak around the middle where the intense epic battles start to take place with huge hordes being thrown at you, which without the new weapons would have been next to impossible to take on.

The new ambient music + the combat music was well done as well. Just a brilliant mod all round.

My only criticism as has been stated before is in the english text which often isn`t structured properly or has incorrect words in places. Shame theres not more levels as well. And when the player is itching for more levels, thats when you know a mod is truelly excellent. I love the doom 3 and doom movie elements as it really gives you a experience of if Doom 3 had been worked on and released rather than Quake back at its time of release. Sure it doesn`t have the 3D models that Quake has, but it sure as hell doesn`t need them, and retains the gameplay that makes Doom 1 & 2 the games that they are, and the things that make them special.

My hats off to you on a fantastic mod and to Doomworld for alerting players out there (like myself) to this great piece of work.
Cardboard Marty
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Cardboard Marty »

I've been playing through this the past couple of days and I'm very impressed. At first I was sort of surprised that the Quad-Shotgun was given to me right at the beginning, but as I progressed on I figured it had more weaknesses than meets the eye. It's a handy weapon, nonetheless.

The gameplay is sort've cool, for the most part. While it does combine classic Doom's gameplay with the atmosphere of Doom 3, I did feel that it leaned more towards a slaughter map-style than anything else. I was overwhelmed most of the time, especially because the enemies take off a good chunk of your health. It did get repetitive towards the end, as every keycard and every action spawned another brawl with some baddies.

It's a really good wad though, if you haven't tried it out yet I recommend that you do. Great work Logan! Hope to see a sequel soon! :D
Logan MTM

Post by Logan MTM »

Thank you guys. I'm glad you enjoyed. :D
Daniel

Re: - Legacy Of Suffering - Caco2009

Post by Daniel »

CONGRATULATIONS, LOGAN MTM!!!

You certainly deserve it! Not just because LOS is one of the greatest mods ever created for Doom, who played it will agree for sure! The most important thing to recognize is your contributions to the Doom Game, making awesome maps and maintaining the BrDOOM community. This is the highlight of all your work, and I believe you'll keep it going together with the people that continues to give their priceless dedication to this game! It's important to say that right now you're an unanimity in the community: all the important sites appreciate your work. Also, the first brazilian to win a CacoWard! It proves that exists internacional forces to keep Doom alive!

Kick ass!!!

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”