- Legacy Of Suffering -

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
neoworm

Re: Legacy Of Suffering: RELEASED!!!

Post by neoworm »

I like this type of gameplay. Its challenging and irritating in the good way. When you finally think everything is over that flashing pentagram makes you sure that it isn't... Its not a wad that I would play when I just want to kill some time, but only when I want to enjoy some challenge.
I didnt liked Painkiller much, It had too primitive gameplay with lot of cheap traps and weapons, that looked funny but were too bizzare and bored me very quickly. But when mixed with normal DooM gameplay and weapons it makes very interesting and enjoyable mix.
I really liked the little pieces of backstory that is displayed when map statistics are shown. Its way better than reading through all that datalogs in DooM3 but it preserves the atmosphere.

For sequel I would recomend adding some more nonlinearity to maps. Maybe two ways to choose from etc. I always liked such maps. Maybe some kind of puzzle solving that can be skipped just to enrich the gameplay for players that enjoy such wads. Or I would really like to see a Hub level made in this style.

Complains:
Unskippable cutscene with Miniboss' virtually nonexistant dialogue.
Unskippable starting cutscene that I really dont want to read everytime I start the wad again.
Revenants... I hated then in normal DooM, I hate them even more here. When you dont have immediate cover you will die horribly. Quad shotgun helps with this frustration but not everytime.
Daniel

Post by Daniel »

I had the chance and the honour to test this wad during its development, and I must say, it's a top level Doom mod! It has a new gameplay which is totally different from Doom's standards, and very chalenging, something like Plutonia's level of difficulty. The Doom 3 feeling is very well done here, exploring the new features from GZDoom (Doom just doesn't look more like Doom nowadays hehe!). The weapons are very different, but it is well balanced with the gameplay difficulty. This is definetively one of the best wads of this year, and probably from Doom Modding history.

KICK ASS!!!!
:BFG:
Logan MTM

Post by Logan MTM »

Thank you so much to all you guy for play LOS!
Well...
I swear that the last thing I had in mind was to create an annoying wad.
I promisse that in LOS II I'll be careful to consider all the suggestions posted here. My next wad will be opened to matter of tastes.
My apologies about the linear maps...
I tryed to make realistic maps and i don't think you need travel milles away to open the door front of you sooo realistic. :?

I agree about Unskippable cutscene. My bad! :cry:

I'll do my best in the Legacy of Suffering II.

Once again, thanks all you guy! You rock!
Davidos

Post by Davidos »

My scanner flags this as a trojan...
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Davidos wrote:My scanner flags this as a trojan...
You need a new scanner then. :P

Seriously, there is nothing odd or unusual about the data in LOS. It's a zip file with one folder in it. In the folder are two PK3s (the main project and a Skulltag patch) and a text file. Inside the PK3s are just what you'd expect: wads, resources, the usual stuff.
Mr.Green

Post by Mr.Green »

Damn,does that female ghost ever stop raping me? :x
Logan MTM

Post by Logan MTM »

Please don't! :roll:
Davidos

Post by Davidos »

Mother... freaking... incredible...

EDIT
Oddly enough the scanner picked it up through a different file not even assosciated with the zip file.

Weird... ain't it?
Nash

Post by Nash »

Would it be too much work to release an updated WAD that addresses the unskippable cutscenes? You don't have to go over every single cutscene... just the major ones would be fine... for example, the introduction because players are likely to play from the beginning more than once.
Logan MTM

Post by Logan MTM »

I'll do it right now! :wink:

My apologies again for the damn unskippable cutscenes! :cry:
Davidos

Post by Davidos »

I don't know what everybody's complainin' about.

I had no trouble with anything like that really, felt it added to the feeling of the mod.

It's sure one of the best damn things I ever walked into.
Mauricio Rocks

Post by Mauricio Rocks »

Well, well, well.

I need to say... that was freaking awesome and problaby the best mod ever. Every bit of this have a new touch, and all other things that I didn't know yet was a good surprise. But.. the best was the "last level"... Gorgeous remake. Gorgeous project at all.
Logan MTM

Post by Logan MTM »

Nash wrote:Would it be too much work to release an updated WAD that addresses the unskippable cutscenes?
Done!
Intro and Cutscenes are skipables now! I'll release the update December 1th!

@Rocks
This is your job too! :wink:
Nash

Post by Nash »

Awesome... IMO LOS' maps are some of the best looking GZDoom maps ever made. The dynamic lights and the brightmaps are simply gorgeous... the atmosphere and the lighting is simply amazing.
Logan MTM

Re: Legacy Of Suffering : UPDATED!

Post by Logan MTM »

As requested:

- Skip Intro.
- Skip big CutScenes.

Download page

I hope you like it! :mrgreen:

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”