[WIP] Psychic -- Beta #5b, now with Raven & Strife!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: [WIP] Psychic -- Public Beta #3 [Co-op friendly!]

Postby Xaser » Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:40 pm

I know it's only one shotgun, but I was lazy and didn't want to call it anything else. :P

And you're right, I missed a spot in the KDiZD patch: the KEYCONF doesn't add the Automatic versions of the weapons. I'll update that in a bit. Thanks for finding it.
Xaser
anarchivist

Postby Orangewaggs » Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:49 pm

your very welcome there is a lot of things i notice when i play stuff( like when you have the psycho overcharge and you have the grenade gun you cant switch weapons unless you press a number key i guess the powered up grenade gun counts as something different idk)
@TDA: Thanks and i didnt think you spelled it wrong i was just gonna go with it :P
Orangewaggs
Yay!

Postby darmuss » Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:25 pm

The dw link is down :(

...and now it's up again? :D
darmuss

[WIP] Psychic -- Public Beta #3 [Looking for Artist]

Postby Xaser » Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:15 pm

Well, foot. I usually don't ask such things, but here goes.

Though the latest revision is drawing very close to the point of eventual release, there are still a few spots missing here and there. Among it all, there are a few art-related spots that I'm not quite skilled enough to fill.

To put it simply, I'm now seeking an artist who is capable of drawing a couple of the game's characters for use in a TITLEPIC, as well as a few misc. images for the help screens (though I haven't settled on exactly what they'll consist of just yet). It shouldn't be too overly complex, hopefully, but if anyone's interested at all (or perhaps knows someone who might be), I can give more info upon request.

It's worth a shot, hopefully. :P
Xaser
anarchivist

Re: [WIP] Psychic -- Public Beta #3 [Looking for Artist]

Postby DoomRater » Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:57 am

And as a side request: can I retain their services next for my own TITLEPIC?
DoomRater
Hi, I'm bob.

Discord: DoomRater#6308

Postby Project Dark Fox » Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:49 pm

Xaser wrote:Well, foot. I usually don't ask such things, but here goes.

Though the latest revision is drawing very close to the point of eventual release, there are still a few spots missing here and there. Among it all, there are a few art-related spots that I'm not quite skilled enough to fill.

To put it simply, I'm now seeking an artist who is capable of drawing a couple of the game's characters for use in a TITLEPIC, as well as a few misc. images for the help screens (though I haven't settled on exactly what they'll consist of just yet). It shouldn't be too overly complex, hopefully, but if anyone's interested at all (or perhaps knows someone who might be), I can give more info upon request.

It's worth a shot, hopefully. :P

I'm bored. I know I was supposed to get you the portraits but this is probably a bit higher in the list of priority. Right?
Project Dark Fox
Married Furry Anxiety Bucket

Twitch ID: ProjectDarkFox
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Postby neoworm » Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:56 pm

That looks like interesting chalenge but i fear I woudnt have time. You can send me what you have on mind and I will try to make something but I cant currently guarantee any results.
neoworm

Postby Nash » Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:16 pm

Xaser, you should just post the specifics of the art that you want here... it'd be more convenient for any artist willing to take it up.
Nash
Twitter/Facebook/Youtube: nashmuhandes

Twitch ID: nashmuhandes
Github ID: nashmuhandes

Postby Xaser » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:26 am

Hmm, good thinking. May as well, since it seems there's a bit of interest so far.

Basically, the title screen I imagine consists of the two "main characters" of sorts. You naturally play the anonymous silent hero type, but (ideally) you're able to choose between a male and female persona in player setup... or PsyGuy and PsyGirl, as I call 'em. The titlepic would basically be the two posing in front of an arbitrary background, which I should be able to take care of or whatnot. Thing is, I'm not so great at drawing human characters, especially not in a style easily translatable to Doom. Thus my proposition... may as well make it public, while I'm here.

Anyhow, here's some quick details on the characters' apperances and pose ideas:

PsyGuy: Tall, lean, somewhat muscular. Jet-black hair, grown out just a bit and kinda messy, with a single small lock hanging low on face (not emo-style, though). Small, dark round sunglasses worn low on face. Mischievious grin, for good measure. Wears dark clothing and a long coat (think Matrix), though it's up to the artist to design+detail it however he/she likes.
-Pose: Slightly left of the center of the pic, facing screen, slightly at an angle. Summoning a fireball in left hand w/plenty of pyrotechnic flair, while boasting the mod's signature sawn-off double-barrel shotgun in the other hand.

PsyGirl: Somewhat tall, slender. Blonde hair, shoulder length, arbitrary style. Same style round sunglasses, only see-through with a red tint. Sly smirk on face. Same as above regarding clothing design, though -- feel free to get creative.
-Pose: Slightly behind and to the right of PsyGuy, facing a bit to the right (of the screen; PsyGirl's left). Carrying the dual Handguns, one silver, one black. One hand + gun is being charged with the Lightning power, with arcs of zappiness and all that stuff.

Style: Not *too* cartoony (i.e. mspaint flatshaded), though any somewhat-serious art style is fine, really. (For the record, by "somewhat serious" I mean "not too chibi-style", though I'd happily use that for a credit/help screen or something, for goofiness. :P )

Background: Arbitrary and optional. I could do this part, though if any potential artists decide to include one, that's just as well. :)

If, by some chance, I recieve multiple "entries", I'll most certainly use one for the credit pic or something else, so I assure everyone that any submissions of decent quality will not go to waste.

Thanks in advance, perhaps?
Xaser
anarchivist

Postby Funky Gnoll » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:02 am

In the latest version, I have witnessed some odd behavior with the Earth power. If you aim up or down at a very steep angle, you can end up with a very SLOW shockwave that obliterates everything in its path, causing even Earth level one to do horrendous things to bosses. Furthermore, if this slow-moving wave of death should hit a decoration such as a tree or evil eye, there is the possibility that it will stop moving and rumble in place. This is simultaneously hilarious and annoying (even a single spike makes a ton of racket), not to mention potentially game-breaking (only the player can pass through the spike unharmed)! :woh:
Funky Gnoll

Postby Project Dark Fox » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:57 am

Xaser wrote:Thanks in advance, perhaps?

Pencil is already on paper, Xaser. They're looking good already.
ED: Oh, crap, that post was six days ago. Topic tracking fail. >.<
Project Dark Fox

Postby Xaser » Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:05 am

Haha, better late than not at all? Still psyched to see what you've got!

@Gnoll: A keen eye you have -- that's a problem, indeed. Whether or not intentional, it looks like floorhugging projectiles' speeds are affected by vertical aim (makes sense considering the function is simply negating all Z velocity). I never noticed this, and it's a problem in GZDoom since you can aim straight up and cast an immobile spike trap of death. :P

Is there a simple flag that tells a projectile to ignore Z aim when firing, a la BFG? That would be incredibly useful... I could fix this with an A_CustomMissile hack somewhere, I suppose, though a simple method is always handy, too.
Xaser
anarchivist

Postby wildweasel » Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:32 pm

Xaser wrote:Is there a simple flag that tells a projectile to ignore Z aim when firing, a la BFG? That would be incredibly useful... I could fix this with an A_CustomMissile hack somewhere, I suppose, though a simple method is always handy, too.

A_FireGrenade(?) ignores your pitch, but I have no idea how customizable it is...
wildweasel
change o' pace.
Moderator Team Lead

Postby Project Dark Fox » Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:59 pm

:evil:

Malpractice with human faces has really destroyed whatever I had when I went to ink. I need to try again, but I have something else (that will pay me) to finish first. How much longer are you willing to wait?
Project Dark Fox

Postby Xaser » Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:00 pm

Well, I suppose considering my lack of progress, it wouldn't be right now for me to rush you too terribly with it. :P

Sad to hear, though. :( -- This is precisely why I never do anything non-digital aside from a pencil sketch.
Xaser
anarchivist

PreviousNext

Return to Gameplay Mods