X-Wing - Doom fighter Released

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Remmirath
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: X-Wing - Doom fighter Released

Post by Remmirath »

I admit it, it has a lot of potential, but as Nash stated, the flight code could be done in a better way using ACS.

Other than that, it has been enjoyable. :)
Doorhenge

Post by Doorhenge »

Enjay wrote:There have been a few mods, one by LWM that I remember (also Star Wars themed), that managed a more convincing representation of spacecraft flight.
Little White Mouse? What ungodly thing to make me laugh at my noobness has she created now?
URL link to a copy please?
Project Dark Fox wrote:The sounds feel off, though.
What's wrong with the sounds then?
Tormentor667 wrote:Maybe also some mission based stuff :)
Maybe. I Was thinking of having Hoth have objectives and stuff to get the transports off.
Snarboo wrote:Wouldn't simple inertia and newtonian motion be possible using scripting?
Sounds simple, for a non-ignorant moron unlike me.
(was that too many double negatives? I'm implying I'm limited in the scripting stuff.)
X-CrAzYkOoL-X wrote:about the X-wing mod, u die very easy in the 1st 2 levels. try givin urself startin armor.
Probably should'a put some armor down.
hnsolo77 wrote:perhaps institute some sort of shields? the lower they get the more damage you take
That would be like armor right?
Penguinator wrote:must be something on your end. :?
Am I supposed to be flying in the stage with the Imps and that's what's broken? What do you do?

If anyone wants to fight the Enterprise in stage 1, you have to shoot both of the star destroyer bridges before the first wave of tie Bombers show up. It's pretty much impossible to defeat without cheating. I put it there as a joke. I did defeat it once by running around the ISD neck and strafing and saving a lot but that's hardly fun.

Thanks a lot for the comments, I always luv them. :toohappy:
Last edited by Doorhenge on Sun Dec 21, 2008 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Penguinator

Post by Penguinator »

Doorhenge wrote:Am I supposed to be flying in the stage with the Imps and that's what's broken? What do you do?
In the map itself, I guess you're just supposed to kill all the imps, but I recommended it so you can peek into the script to see how Osiris made the "vehicle" function. Seems like it would be a good start to making this project more of a flight simulator.
Project Shadowcat
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by Project Shadowcat »

Doorhenge wrote:
They're slowed and muffled. Unless I am having sound problems.
Doorhenge

Post by Doorhenge »

Project Dark Fox wrote:
Doorhenge wrote:
They're slowed and muffled. Unless I am having sound problems.
Oh yeah, Well probably you have underwater reverb on. Go to sound options and turn it off. See the stages are just... giant fish tanks... (hides face in shame)
I turned my off and never bothered to check if there was a fix that would turn that off by default for a wad.

Is there a fix that'll turn off that for your map if you don't want it?
Project Shadowcat
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by Project Shadowcat »

I think there's a way to make everything including the player Fly. You could talk to Phobus about this because of his Virus project.
Osiris Kalev

Post by Osiris Kalev »

Heh, played around with this a bit. Quite fun, although the points brought up about constantly moving forward is definatly something that should be done.

Also, I'll upload an improved version of Doom Velocity later on when I'm home from work (on an unrelated note, I had totally forgotten about uploading the test map :P). Oh and credit should be given to Cutmanmike, since it was his "guided" rocket code that I actually used and improved upon.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”