PlayStation Doom TC

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Flynn Taggart

Re: PlayStation Doom TC

Post by Flynn Taggart »

Oh wait one more questions. How come the god mode hud face wont show up when I pick up the sphere or go in god mode? All it shows is the regular face looking back and fourth.
Last edited by Flynn Taggart on Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:31 pm, edited 4 times in total.
fenderc01

Post by fenderc01 »

Flynn Taggart wrote:Oh wait one more questions. How come the god mode hud face wont show up when I pick up the sphere or go in god mode? All it shows is the regular face looking back and fourth.
It should work when you pick up the sphere. It does for me. It doesn't work in god mode because there is currently no way to check if the player entered the god mode cheat with ACS scripting.

And for anyone that is going to say "Use SBARINFO", it currently doesn't do everything I need it to do. At least I haven't figured out how to. So I am sticking with the ACS method. Ironically, I am in the process of trying to figure out this problem right now.
Flynn Taggart

Post by Flynn Taggart »

Ok I got it. Just figured it out, too. Well I got what I got. Can't wait for the next beta. And as I said before: Make a PSX Final Doom :D :D :D.
Flynn Taggart

Post by Flynn Taggart »

But I swear the really dark areas were brighter in the original PSX and some of the flashing lights areas flashed completely black then light back up in the original PSX, too.

Double post :?.
Nuxius

Post by Nuxius »

Flynn Taggart wrote:But I swear the really dark areas were brighter in the original PSX and some of the flashing lights areas flashed completely black then light back up in the original PSX, too.
My guess is that they changed some things in the other versions for some reason. In the original North American "long box" (not GH) release, the exit room in MAP02 (E1M2) pulsated from pitch black to bright red, instead of a static yellow like it is here. Ditto for the exit room in MAP01 (E1M1), whereas here it's the right color of red, but it doesn't go all the way to pitch black.

Like I said before, I chalk it up to wacky localization differences. Who knows why Williams decided to change it.

Anyway, great job on this one so far, fenderc01, much better than the other version I saw posted here by someone a while back.
fenderc01

Post by fenderc01 »

Beta 2 is now online...
PlayStation Doom TC Beta 2 (6.14 MB)

See page 1 for details.
Last edited by fenderc01 on Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
Chris Neilson

Post by Chris Neilson »

Download Fail
fenderc01

Post by fenderc01 »

Chris Neilson wrote:Download Fail
It should work now. I have no idea why it wouldn't work before. :?:
Chris Neilson

Post by Chris Neilson »

download worked.
Nightmare Doom

Post by Nightmare Doom »

Another thing you could add in is echoing sounds.
fenderc01

Post by fenderc01 »

Nightmare Doom wrote:Another thing you could add in is echoing sounds.
If only I knew how...
phi108

Post by phi108 »

I think 256x228 is a better size when using tall skies in ZDoom/GZDoom. From what I can tell, ZDoom lets you look 100 pixels above the original skies, and they aren't stretched in GZDoom, but the bottom of the sky texture is in the correct spot with 256x228 (I'm not sure about SX skies though.)

ANYWAY, here's EarthQuake's tall skies pack, with Doom and Doom2 skies at 256x200, so you'll need to stretch them vertically, or add some stuff to make them taller.

http://www.doomvault.com/uploads/skies.zip
unknownna

Post by unknownna »

Congratulations on a new update! :)

I don't know about you guys, but the new fire sky seems to be eating up zdoom's process memory for a few seconds when you first see it.
Last edited by unknownna on Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
lafoxxx
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by lafoxxx »

You have made the sound for attempting to open the door w/o proper key, but needed key must blink in stbar 3 times when 3 sounds are playing...
fenderc01

Post by fenderc01 »

Comments on what is complete so far? How's the second beta?

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”