PlayStation Doom TC

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Nuxius

Re: PlayStation Doom TC

Post by Nuxius »

lafoxxx wrote:You have made the sound for attempting to open the door w/o proper key, but needed key must blink in stbar 3 times when 3 sounds are playing...
Yes, this would be a great addition. :D
phi108 wrote:I think 256x228 is a better size when using tall skies in ZDoom/GZDoom. From what I can tell, ZDoom lets you look 100 pixels above the original skies, and they aren't stretched in GZDoom, but the bottom of the sky texture is in the correct spot with 256x228 (I'm not sure about SX skies though.)

ANYWAY, here's EarthQuake's tall skies pack, with Doom and Doom2 skies at 256x200, so you'll need to stretch them vertically, or add some stuff to make them taller.

http://www.doomvault.com/uploads/skies.zip
I just tried them out "as is", and they look a lot better than the regular skies, that's for sure. Of course, they're not exactly like the PSX Doom skies, but those are impossible with the way GZDoom currently handles skies. Using these is about as good as you're going to get.
fenderc01 wrote:Comments on what is complete so far? How's the second beta?
Just saw this thread, so I'll have to try the new one out first before I can give any thoughts. :D
fenderc01

Post by fenderc01 »

Nuxius wrote:
phi108 wrote:I think 256x228 is a better size when using tall skies in ZDoom/GZDoom. From what I can tell, ZDoom lets you look 100 pixels above the original skies, and they aren't stretched in GZDoom, but the bottom of the sky texture is in the correct spot with 256x228 (I'm not sure about SX skies though.)

ANYWAY, here's EarthQuake's tall skies pack, with Doom and Doom2 skies at 256x200, so you'll need to stretch them vertically, or add some stuff to make them taller.

http://www.doomvault.com/uploads/skies.zip
I just tried them out "as is", and they look a lot better than the regular skies, that's for sure. Of course, they're not exactly like the PSX Doom skies, but those are impossible with the way GZDoom currently handles skies. Using these is about as good as you're going to get.
I agree. I may actually use these for the next beta. I wish GZDoom had the option to render skies the old way.
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Post by NightFright »

First: Thanks for this great conversion. This is truly one of the gems among the Doom conversions, especially for one like me who always wanted to play the Playstation version but didn't have the console.

Besides adding remaining levels from Final Doom, I have only few suggestions for improvements. For example, what about compatibility to the jDoom Highres Texture Pack? It's working for GZDoom, and it would be nice to have the chance to use it with the PSX TC, too. Same goes for the Skulltag 3D model pack. None of those destroy the atmosphere of the mod itself, so it couldn't hurt. However, I don't know how much work it is, if it's just a matter of renaming the textures/sprites or if there's more that has to be done.

But anyway, keep up the good work in bringing this classic to the PC! Doom has never looked and "felt" better (I wonder why no one ever considered colored lights for the GZDoom PC version... it really adds to the playing experience)!
DoomKn1ght

Post by DoomKn1ght »

I actually make some original map of pc udoom into a psxdoom fashion to see it have look like but I should have rebuild map from scratch so It's unreleasable

here is a video of one map I posted a while ago:
http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=E7H-j54aYNI
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Post by NightFright »

Fair enough. If you ask me, UDoom ep.4 and Final Doom episodes (TNT, Plutonia) don't have such good levels, anyway. Nothing beats the original episodes and levels for Doom I/II, and you got approx. 60 maps in that conversion if I counted correctly, that's a lot. Maybe more levels should only be added if they are really good, and I don't think there are that many.
Chris Neilson

Post by Chris Neilson »

DoomKn1ght wrote:I actually make some original map of pc udoom into a psxdoom fashion to see it have look like but I should have rebuild map from scratch so It's unreleasable

here is a video of one map I posted a while ago:
http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=E7H-j54aYNI
where you make e4m9 into psxdoom, want one or more please
I'm make new level 'Master Level II' need your map for me to psxdoom.
fenderc01

Post by fenderc01 »

I'm taking an extended (or permanent) break from the project. Thanks for everyone's involvement, feedback, compliments, and criticisms!!
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Post by NightFright »

Well the whole thing seems quite playable right now. Thanks for your work so far. Hope you'll return if something important pops up, though!
phi108

Post by phi108 »

Well I went ahead and cropped and spliced and renamed a bunch of the DHTPs textures to work with Chris Neilson's PSX Doom, but I don't know if the texture names are the same in this project. It looks really good playing with colored lights and hires textures. Adds detail to the "watered down" maps.
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Post by NightFright »

As soon as you have finished renaming textures, you could probably release this as a mod-specific HRP over here. Would be a nice addon.
I wonder why original PC texture/sprite names haven't been used in the first place...

With its colored lighting, this TC could easily beat the PC maps when it had highres textures and skulltag model compatibility. It would maybe still be missing the Final Doom maps, but as I said before, those aren't that interesting - and someone will add them at some point, anyway. ;)
DoomKn1ght

Post by DoomKn1ght »

Anyway I hate hiresolution textures once graf finally add the new coposite texture I can make detailed textures pack.
detail texture + smartfilter like in prboom rocks.

Another good thing will be to make a saturn mode for this (I mean statusbar and font are looking good).
http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=6cvt1OTFv6Q
lafoxxx
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by lafoxxx »

I am making an psx offsets wad )) PSX SSG will be there too
Tubers

Post by Tubers »

what's going on i can't even download it :(
SnakeEater
Location: Raiding your stash so I can grab your shotgun, and blow your head off.

Post by SnakeEater »

the only problem is the final ending, TURING?! TURING?! WTF IS TURING?! the only problem is ITS TURNING! don't worry, your not the only person who does turing with playstation emulation, BUT STILL IN VERSION 3 MAKE IT TURNING!
fenderc01

Post by fenderc01 »

SnakeEater wrote:the only problem is the final ending, TURING?! TURING?! WTF IS TURING?! the only problem is ITS TURNING! don't worry, your not the only person who does turing with playstation emulation, BUT STILL IN VERSION 3 MAKE IT TURNING!
A simple "You spelled turning wrong" would have been adequate.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”