PlayStation Doom TC

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
SnakeEater
Location: Raiding your stash so I can grab your shotgun, and blow your head off.

Re: PlayStation Doom TC

Post by SnakeEater »

your right but you can't call it playstation doom tc EXACTLY, if that turning isn't right heh heh
Cutmanmike
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by Cutmanmike »

AAAAAAAAAAAAA this is one of my favourite wads by default. First time I've tried this and WOW. The loading screen just made me laugh though :P You even got the fire sky perfect, hooray!

From page one it says you're taking a permanent break? NEY! You have to finish up this nostalgic orgasm you've created (although it seems only a few things need fixing now)!

Great job, fantastic work, marry me etc :D

Edit: Will you ever idgames this?
Ceeb

Post by Ceeb »

I'm more of a fan of Doom 64 / The Absolution (Yeah, shoot me. ¬_¬) but this kicks ass too.
fenderc01

Post by fenderc01 »

Ceeb wrote:I'm more of a fan of Doom 64 / The Absolution (Yeah, shoot me. ¬_¬) but this kicks ass too.
Me too...ironically.
Ceeb

Post by Ceeb »

Doom on the PS1 is fun and all, and it's the best straight port I've seen. Not to mention I love the exclusive levels, especially Twilight Descends and The Mansion. But Doom 64 was all-new, and a lot of people bash it's skull in for not being a copy and paste port. Which confuses the hell out of me. >:(
fenderc01

Post by fenderc01 »

This is off topic, but I see there is at least one other person here that likes Doom 64. Anyways, I came across a video on YouTube that shows a new project that Kaiser is working on. It looks great!! Basically, what he is doing is reverse engineering Doom 64 and building a custom source port for the PC. It is going to incorporate co-op and deathmatch and the other features that were not present in the TC. It looks very promising... Anyways, here is the video:

Here is the comment from his YouTube video:
Spoiler:
Ceeb

Post by Ceeb »

He told me about it when I messaged him the other day. That's just awesome. :)
Unknown_Assassin

Post by Unknown_Assassin »

fenderc01 wrote:This is off topic, but I see there is at least one other person here that likes Doom 64.
Doom 64 is purely awesome.
Spoiler:
:shock: I want.
Tubers

Post by Tubers »

They should start using MENUINFO :lol: to be the full Doom PSXTC
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Post by NightFright »

Doom64 EX will be the next step in serious Doom64 gaming on PC systems. It's pratically a 100% emulation with its own engine, needing the N64 module to play. Watch the trailer here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVfW7ES1pv4

In the meantime, I hope the PSXTC will be completed somehow...
HotWax

Post by HotWax »

NightFright wrote:Watch the trailer here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVfW7ES1pv4
What does this man have against barrels?! :cry:
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

HotWax wrote:What does this man have against barrels?! :cry:
The first map on Doom64 has a secret exit that is only accessible for a few seconds in a room behind the player start after you destroy all the barrels on the level. Although it isn't used, you see the exit briefly on this video (at 4.41).
Ceeb

Post by Ceeb »

Yeah, that takes you to Cat And Mouse, a level where you run from a Cyberdemon at first, and later have to fight him with a limited supply of rockets. :)
Caz

Post by Caz »

Ceeb wrote:Yeah, that takes you to Cat And Mouse, a level where you run from a Cyberdemon at first, and later have to fight him with a limited supply of rockets. :)
That was in the Doom64 TC, but in the original N64 game, that exit takes you to Hectic. Why he instead warped you to Cat and Mouse is beyond me. Its [censored word] to begin with.
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Post by NightFright »

That would be different in Doom64 EX. Everything there would be like in the original console version. However, he did the barrel trick a bit wrong: The first barrel to your right (i.e. in the start area) should be the last one to destroy. But anyway...

Now we need PSXDoom EX! ;)

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”