[WIP] GZDA - Virus Issues (p. 16)

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
eliw00d

[WIP] GZDA - Virus Issues (p. 16)

Post by eliw00d »

Last edited by eliw00d on Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:10 pm, edited 34 times in total.
hnsolo77

Re: [WIP] GZDA 1.0 RC1

Post by hnsolo77 »

there are good points and bad points i have found *well one BIG bad point for sure*

more ammo on minigun pickup = AWESOME!!!

fixed BFG cell pickup message = sweet

sounds for the rocket and plasma shot projectile = cool as hell

BFG all around = SUCKS ASS!!! seriously i used godmode and point blanked a cyberdemon with charged BFG shots on baby mode to find out if 12 shots would kill it, sadly it lived through 12 point blank charged shots :evil: , whera's 155 shots from the plasmagun kills a fresh one no problem...

this needs fixed bad, also with the spawned rail attacks, switch back to the other projectile since ive killed myself several times from a safe distance with the rail's it spawns... not good

it seems to me also that the autoshotgun's fire rate has been upped, i like this

while the new pump for the shotgun makes sense in all reality i miss the old way, but this is just me

and is the Railgun ever going to get in the KEYCONF lump and gain some ammo for it?

suggestions,

give the Plasmagun an alt fire mode like that of the Minigun, a slower fire option since you can waste a lot of ammo if you miss

and ive said this before and ill say it again, a blue plasma BFG would look kickass in my opinion

aside from those issues, cough BFGSUX cough, still good
Penguinator

Re: [WIP] GZDoom Advanced 1.0 RC1

Post by Penguinator »

Aside from what hnsolo said,
-The arachnotron's projectiles are way off from the plasma gun of it.
-We need a way to tell which firing mode the alt fire guns are on.

Maybe more to come.
eliw00d

Post by eliw00d »

all valid points so far, the BFG is actually the highest priority on the list of things to change/fix. currently it uses the radius damage to try to emulate the "damage-everything-on-screen" style of the regular BFG, but for some reason it is either way too powerful or way too weak. do you guys want it to charge up the way it does currently so you can get the smaller discharges up to the big discharges? or do you want it to be like the old bfg with just one big ass discharge?

i'll probably revert the shotgun to its old pump animation, the way i have it now makes sense but it was a 2 second mspaint job so it doesn't look all that great.

do you guys feel that the amount of ammo you get from the minigun is enough? or should i make it a random chance to pick up the minigun and the backpack that the heavy weapons guys drop?

as for the railgun, i'm not sure if i'm going to have that in the mod for sure or not, i was contemplating making it a drop from the railgun marines, but you would need custom maps for that to really shine. so unless it's something you guys really want, it's just an easter egg for now.
Phucket

Post by Phucket »

It'd also be nice if there was some kind of indicator for the mode of fire your weapon is using. You could just add a little hud icon that says whether the mode of fire currently selected is burst, semi automatic, etc.
eliw00d

Post by eliw00d »

Phucket wrote:It'd also be nice if there was some kind of indicator for the mode of fire your weapon is using. You could just add a little hud icon that says whether the mode of fire currently selected is burst, semi automatic, etc.
i actually read your post but forgot to address that. this has been planned since alternate fire modes were introduced. the only thing is, i'm not very good with HUDs, so i never got around to it. i'll start reading up on it and see what i can do.
Phucket

Post by Phucket »

You could probably just make changes to the sprites instead. For example: when you switch the pistol to burst fire, you could just make the red light thing on the back of it turn blue or something like that.
eliw00d

Post by eliw00d »

Phucket wrote:You could probably just make changes to the sprites instead. For example: when you switch the pistol to burst fire, you could just make the red light thing on the back of it turn blue or something like that.
i've considered that, i was kind of hoping to get an all custom HUD eventually, though. one that would show fire mode, magazines (3 or 4 magazines instead of 60 or 80 rounds).
eliw00d

Post by eliw00d »

changelog updated a little bit, i plan to update it as often as possible. do you guys like the burst on the sidearm/pistol? or would you like a return of full auto? also, what do you think about realistic loadouts? like only being able to carry 5 - 10 sidearm magazines or less, etc.
Orangewaggs

Post by Orangewaggs »

the three round burst is good but you should tone down the recoil its to much for that kind of weapon
eliw00d

Post by eliw00d »

Orangewaggs wrote:the three round burst is good but you should tone down the recoil its to much for that kind of weapon
now that you brought it up, i went ahead and changed it. the changelog should reflect that. it's definitely something that's been bugging me, too.
Phucket

Post by Phucket »

eliw00d wrote:as for the railgun, i'm not sure if i'm going to have that in the mod for sure or not, i was contemplating making it a drop from the railgun marines, but you would need custom maps for that to really shine. so unless it's something you guys really want, it's just an easter egg for now.
You could probably just replace the SS nazis with the rail gun marines. That way it's still a secret weapon. Or you could just make it so that the chaingunner randomly sometimes appears as a railgun marine.
eliw00d

Post by eliw00d »

the minigun has been replaced with the microgun, based on some research i did to make the minigun more realistic but more fun at the same time. it will fire 5.56mm rounds, which in game will mean less damage and range, as opposed to the 7.62mm of before. the rate of fire for said weapon has been increased from roughly 1000rpm to 4000rpm. instead of 400 round belts, the microgun will use two 500 round cassettes for a total of 1000 rounds, which means you will run dry from constant firing after about 15 seconds or so. i've been reading a lot about the minigun and the microgun as well as watching videos to get it as close as possible to the real thing. this should be a fun weapon, i just need to do a lot of balancing. there will still be an alternate rate of fire mode, if not more than one, that will be more accurate and controllable. even on my computer, a few thousand casings starts to lag things up, so i will probably put the option of giving shells a lifetime.
eliw00d

Post by eliw00d »

some changes were added to the log. what do you guys think about the auto shotgun? should it use the same ammo pool as the other shotguns? or use a separate drum magazine pool? or even use different ammo (slugs)?
hnsolo77

Post by hnsolo77 »

eliw00d wrote:some changes were added to the log. what do you guys think about the auto shotgun? should it use the same ammo pool as the other shotguns? or use a separate drum magazine pool? or even use different ammo (slugs)?
for the auto shotgun i would use saboted slugs
Spoiler:
since many demons have a very tough hide i would prefer to use saboted slugs myself since they penetrate armor much better than regular slugs *this is of course assuming we really do have some form of evil incarnate invasion on earth for real*

perhaps this could be an alternate ammo for the regular shotguns as well?

also another fun load is Dragons Breath *i shit you not this is an actual ammunition*, you could use this as an alt ammo for the auto shotgun for a flamethrower type effect
Spoiler:
other interesting loads are Strung ball, Flechette darts, Flares *usefull for dark area's and this is a mod for a GL port* and 'Buck and Ball' loads

yes i love my shotguns :)

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”