Wolfen

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
LilWhiteMouse

Re: Wolfen

Post by LilWhiteMouse »

Someone requested a copy of this, so I made a quick play to make sure it still worked. Now the book case won't activate. For those with a copy, any other new problems crop up in the current ZDoom?
Bio Hazard

Post by Bio Hazard »

I tried playing this a couple weeks ago and wasn't able to complete it, but I didn't know if it was just me forgetting how to do the puzzles. Hexen was always too hard for me. ;)
(Though reading through this thread, I think I have the old version, as I'm sure the flame mask is broken in the version I have.)
A few years ago, Enjay wrote:IMO, Wolfen was the first WAD (and is perhaps the only one so far) that showed the true power and atmosphere present in Hexen. And I include the original IWAD in that. When playing Wolfen for the first time I finally saw what Hexen was all about and thoroughly enjoyed every minute of play like I should have been able to with the full game.
Quite. I enjoyed this WAD a lot more than the original Hexen.
Xaser

Post by Xaser »

Funny enough, I still get fond memories of Wolfen maps mixed up with those of the Hexen IWAD, and feel a bit disappointed when I remember that the area I'm thinking of isn't actually in the original game. :(

Having said that, I really need to give this a runthrough again. Damn great stuff, I remember. :)
LilWhiteMouse

Post by LilWhiteMouse »

Current version with bookcase fix:
http://www.prdarkfox.com/doomstuff/wolfen.7z
VoidMage

Post by VoidMage »

It seems that no matter what I do, I can't trigger the bell puzzle during those about 5s where clock is in the right position.
Drink

Post by Drink »

I've managed to complete everything on the bog level, but the ruined town is giving me trouble.
Spoiler:
Bio Hazard

Post by Bio Hazard »

Drink wrote:I've managed to complete everything on the bog level, but the ruined town is giving me trouble.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Actually, I was stuck on the exact same place when I was playing through this the other day. After a bit of forum searching, my past self helped me out. :lol:
VoidMage

Post by VoidMage »

In what places can castle key appear ?
Spoiler:
Can clock puzzle be solved from the outside with blunderbuss ?
Spoiler:
DoomRater
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by DoomRater »

Spoiler:
Bio Hazard

Post by Bio Hazard »

DoomRater wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
DoomRater

Post by DoomRater »

Never had a problem solving the puzzle with fighter... I strafe well though.
LilWhiteMouse

Post by LilWhiteMouse »

In what places can castle key appear ?
Can clock puzzle be solved from the outside with blunderbuss ?
Spoiler:
VoidMage

Post by VoidMage »

Fabulous, though there's Quake Done Quicker and there are average players.
Furthermore, that clock is barely visible behind those bells.
wolfie3dfan

Post by wolfie3dfan »

okay, this is a long time coming. I've finally (almost) finished the game Wolfen, Awesome, challenging, creative, confounding, mesmerizing, fun, did I say Awesome.

Anyway, I figured out on my own that the bookcase didn't work, the mask, nor the bells to open the door to the wolfs. So, today, I searched online to find a fix and will try the bookcase fix version just to see it work. Back to the almost finishing the game; I did clip through the wolf door and bookcase so that is how I got to finally see all the levels for the first time and play them. I really liked the transparent door area to get the three artifacts before the big boss. I always play in iddqd mode but pretty much just hit all the enemies over the head with the club since I didn't find any weapons til almost the very end. The mana aura thing 5000 points or something that killed a bunch of enemies when activated and reloaded itself when you were standing still was an excellent feature.

Thank you LilWhiteMouse for this game. It is almost the last hexen game I had not tried. Caldera is my last goal.

Barbara
yes, I am a female who plays old dos games.
DoomRater

Post by DoomRater »

If you thought Cleric was fun, run back through it with the Fighter without god mode on! Actually if you seek out enough aeon mana soon enough, the fighter doesn't NEED god mode as his hp regen is sweet enough for small mobs and his berserker mode is perfect for big bosses. Here's the axe, m'lord!

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”