Psxdoom

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.

Postby Lemonzest » Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:43 pm

http://shamik.freehomepage.com/main.html
found this one too, linked from newdoom, author says he used psound to extract from CD

dl all 3 links at bottom of page.
Lemonzest

Postby Raz » Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:05 pm

Mechadon wrote:Oh wow yea, the PSX Final Doom SSG is 100x better looking than the regular PSX Doom SSG. I'd be ecstatic if someone is able to rip the sprites for it :)

The other frames are the same as the PC shotgun's, but at a lower resolution, and without the extra bits visible that the PC's full screen allows you to view. I reckon it'd look terrible in a PC mod, but if you really think you can find a use for it, I'd be happy to rip.
Raz

Postby Nightmare Doom » Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:58 pm

Probably we can 'remake' the PSX Final Doom SSG to be more PC compatible (maybe we can replace the top view of the Original PC SSG with the PSX Final Doom SSG but only expand it to fit the bottom view or making entirely new sprite based on the the original PC SSG with the PSX Final Doom SSG on top of it.)
Nightmare Doom
Banned User

Postby Kinsie » Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:22 am

My crappy attempt at updating the PSX Final Doom shotty for PC.
Kinsie
A Concept Utterly Obsolete

Discord: Find Me...
Twitch ID: thekinsie

Re: Psxdoom

Postby Raz » Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:53 pm

By cutting and pasting the psx shotgun over the PC one, and touching it up a bit, I've come up with this:

Attachments
psxshotgun.wad
(10.49 KiB) Downloaded 499 times
Raz

Postby Chris Neilson » Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:04 pm

Raz wrote:By cutting and pasting the psx shotgun over the PC one, and touching it up a bit, I've come up with this:

Nice SSG from psxdoom. psxshotgun.wad :winker:
Chris Neilson

Postby unknownna » Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:20 am

Nice work there. But was it just the ready state which had the new sprite? Weren't the reload sprites diffrent from the PC version as well?
unknownna

Postby Unknown_Assassin » Sat Nov 10, 2007 1:54 am

Raz wrote:By cutting and pasting

Good ol' cut and paste. :P
Unknown_Assassin
Bow down to the Protoss Race!!

Postby Chris Neilson » Mon Nov 12, 2007 4:53 pm

Update: Psxdoom_beta1.zip on first post.
Chris Neilson

Postby Nightmare Doom » Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:04 pm

Have you ever thought of adding new sounds to the Arch Vile? (since the developers originally planned to have the Arch Vile in the PSX version but they ran out of room space)
Nightmare Doom
Banned User

Postby Lemonzest » Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:13 pm

Nightmare Doom wrote:Have you ever thought of adding new sounds to the Arch Vile? (since the developers originally planned to have the Arch Vile in the PSX version but they ran out of room space)

why add the new sounds when the stock psxdoom levels dont contain the vile?
Lemonzest

Postby Lemonzest » Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:21 pm

was the nade in psx doom? i never remember using it!!!
Lemonzest

Postby unknownna » Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:27 pm

the sprites look "official". Maybe a unused weapon? But I don't recall using it either.
unknownna

Postby Penguinator » Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:13 pm

Lemonzest wrote:was the nade in psx doom?

Nope.
Penguinator
Resurrect

Postby Raz » Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:36 pm

unknownna wrote:Nice work there. But was it just the ready state which had the new sprite? Weren't the reload sprites diffrent from the PC version as well?

I would say no, they seem to be the same as the PC's but at a lower res. Kaiser seems to think they were different, though, as he included all the PS shotgun frames in his console resource pack here: http://www.doomworld.com/vb/showthread. ... post694135

Nightmare Doom wrote:Have you ever thought of adding new sounds to the Arch Vile? (since the developers originally planned to have the Arch Vile in the PSX version but they ran out of room space)

There's a new DSFLAMST in the PS sound wad I've got (PSXSFX.WAD). I dunno if it's legit though. Also: not that different.

I love almost all of the effects from the PS version, except for that really shitty noise they used for the plasma gun. I dunno what they were thinking as the original was excellent.
Raz

PreviousNext

Return to Abandoned/Dead Projects