Hell-Forged (development stopped until Ep.2 release)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

How do you feel about the difficulty of Hell-Forged Maps on UV (Grandmaster)?

Poll ended at Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:26 am

Too Easy
2
9%
Somewhat Easy
1
4%
Just Right
5
22%
Somewhat Hard
12
52%
Too Hard
3
13%
Impossible
0
No votes
 
Total votes : 23

Re: Hell-Forged - Please fill out poll on opening post.

Postby Amuscaria » Tue Dec 28, 2021 2:33 pm

@BlueShadow:

Yup, that is intentional. Since the power up are split into tiers, there are actually two spots in each of the map sections for them to spawn into. I didn't want a player to go thru playing the map and get to one of those secrets and find no item for them to get, because they didn't spawn them at the start.

As for the patch, feel free to report whatever you find. The two Arcknights screwing up the secret count is the only thing I'm aware of besides some texture and level height inconsistencies that I've already fixed. I actually wasn't planning to release a 1.11 patch at all, and just wait until Episode 2's demo is ready to release it. There's still a lot of extra assets I need to make HF 1.xx compatible with 2.xx:

-Monsters all need a poison-death where their bodies melt. This is so they can't be raised by ressing monsters as a part of the poison-weapon mechanic.
-Both player sprite sets need a corresponding crouch-sprite set which was neglected for 1.10. I held off since it's unlikely anyone will play DM or Coop with this mod.
-Vorpal blade needs a new alternate normal attack animation where it swings from the other side, and a two-handed vertical swing downwards for the powered-attack.
--------------------------
@Kneight:

EDIT: The monster was missing a tag, so it was never awakened by script when it needed to be. Thanks again for reporting. :)
Last edited by Amuscaria on Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
Amuscaria
The Sentient Mushroom
 
Joined: 26 Jul 2004
Location: Growing from mycelium near you.

Re: Hell-Forged - Please fill out poll on opening post.

Postby HyperExia » Tue Jan 04, 2022 11:50 am

Alright, it's been a while. are there any changes to the weapons or do I not need to worry about that anymore for my addons?
HyperExia
 
Joined: 22 Jun 2019
Discord: HyperExia#9968
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit

Re: Hell-Forged - Please fill out poll on opening post.

Postby Amuscaria » Tue Jan 04, 2022 11:13 pm

HyperExia wrote:Alright, it's been a while. are there any changes to the weapons or do I not need to worry about that anymore for my addons?


I've changed the Basilisk powered-up mode to reduce lag when there are many monsters around. That's about it. But I haven't released any patches yet, and probably won't bother until HF2 is out for alpha-test.
User avatar
Amuscaria
The Sentient Mushroom
 
Joined: 26 Jul 2004
Location: Growing from mycelium near you.

Re: Hell-Forged - Please fill out poll on opening post.

Postby Blue Shadow » Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:51 am

Finished the game yesterday (second playthrough). It was a fun experience, even if I'm not a huge fan of maps that take a long time to complete. I like the weapons in general, though I didn't find myself using the Mauler often. The Nailgun, which is my go-to weapon, seems adequate enough, and doesn't eat ammo as quickly as the Mauler.
Spoiler: Things to report
User avatar
Blue Shadow
 
Joined: 14 Nov 2010
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Hell-Forged - Please fill out poll on opening post.

Postby Amuscaria » Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:49 pm

Sweet thanks again for the testing!

All issues that I can fix map-side has been fixed. Did you manage to get to Super-Secret Shark map (HF1M0)? ;)

Fixed the Infernal issue. Didn't know DONTHURTSPECIES was renamed to something else and didn't apply to explosions. Added DONTHARMCLASS and DOHARMSPECIES to both the Cacodemon and Infernal, should allow them to infight while not hurt their own kind; if I'm understanding the flag wiki page correctly.

It is intentional for the Soultaker to keep its charge while deselected. I might make it so it drops to the next lowest charge breakpoint if its too exploitable.

Not much I can do for the Hellsmith. I was hoping there would be a charging function that only charges towards a target's X and Y coordinates, and not the Z, keeping it on the ground. But afaik, there isn't.
Last edited by Amuscaria on Tue Jan 11, 2022 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Amuscaria
The Sentient Mushroom
 
Joined: 26 Jul 2004
Location: Growing from mycelium near you.

Re: Hell-Forged - Please fill out poll on opening post.

Postby Gez » Tue Jan 11, 2022 3:50 am

Amuscaria wrote:Not much I can do for the Hellsmith. I was hoping there would be a charging function that only charges towards a target's X and Y coordinates, and not the Z, keeping it on the ground. But afaik, there isn't.

Yeah, there's the Maulotaur's but it's extremely specific to Maulotaur behavior. I suppose a custom one could be written in ZScript.
Gez
 
 
 
Joined: 06 Jul 2007

Re: Hell-Forged - Please fill out poll on opening post.

Postby Amuscaria » Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:01 pm

Gez wrote:
Amuscaria wrote:Not much I can do for the Hellsmith. I was hoping there would be a charging function that only charges towards a target's X and Y coordinates, and not the Z, keeping it on the ground. But afaik, there isn't.

Yeah, there's the Maulotaur's but it's extremely specific to Maulotaur behavior. I suppose a custom one could be written in ZScript.


Is the Maulotaur one open to ZScript or it hardcoded? I guess I could just copy it and edit it a bit to make it work for the Hellsmith.
User avatar
Amuscaria
The Sentient Mushroom
 
Joined: 26 Jul 2004
Location: Growing from mycelium near you.

Re: Hell-Forged - Please fill out poll on opening post.

Postby HyperExia » Tue Jan 11, 2022 4:26 pm

Amuscaria wrote:
HyperExia wrote:Alright, it's been a while. are there any changes to the weapons or do I not need to worry about that anymore for my addons?


I've changed the Basilisk powered-up mode to reduce lag when there are many monsters around. That's about it. But I haven't released any patches yet, and probably won't bother until HF2 is out for alpha-test.


So I'm going to assume that this change is not released then?
HyperExia
 
Joined: 22 Jun 2019
Discord: HyperExia#9968
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit

Re: Hell-Forged - Please fill out poll on opening post.

Postby Amuscaria » Tue Jan 11, 2022 4:53 pm

HyperExia wrote:
Amuscaria wrote:
HyperExia wrote:Alright, it's been a while. are there any changes to the weapons or do I not need to worry about that anymore for my addons?


I've changed the Basilisk powered-up mode to reduce lag when there are many monsters around. That's about it. But I haven't released any patches yet, and probably won't bother until HF2 is out for alpha-test.


So I'm going to assume that this change is not released then?


None of the changes I've made after the 1.10 Hotfix has been been released, no.
User avatar
Amuscaria
The Sentient Mushroom
 
Joined: 26 Jul 2004
Location: Growing from mycelium near you.

Re: Hell-Forged - Please fill out poll on opening post.

Postby Blue Shadow » Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:37 am

Amuscaria wrote:Did you manage to get to Super-Secret Shark map (HF1M0)? ;)

I did! And that easter egg thingy... very cool. :)

Regarding the Hellsmith getting stuck, you could try the DROPOFF flag, which is also used by the Maulotaur, before resorting to ZScript.
User avatar
Blue Shadow
 
Joined: 14 Nov 2010
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Hell-Forged - Please fill out poll on opening post.

Postby Amuscaria » Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:27 pm

Will do.
User avatar
Amuscaria
The Sentient Mushroom
 
Joined: 26 Jul 2004
Location: Growing from mycelium near you.

Re: Hell-Forged - Please fill out poll on opening post.

Postby osjclatchford » Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:32 am

where is the dl link...
I can't seem to find it on the OP...
osjclatchford
 
Joined: 07 Feb 2011

Re: Hell-Forged - Please fill out poll on opening post.

Postby Captain J » Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:27 pm

OP said wrote:
Spoiler: "NOTICE"
To be fair we'd still download the current version of HF and wait for a bugfix while playing it but i'm sure it's gonna be a quick one.
User avatar
Captain J
That's Amoreee
 
 
 
Joined: 02 Oct 2012
Location: A Year old Pizza Box
Discord: DiscussJ#3128

Re: Hell-Forged - Please fill out poll on opening post.

Postby Amuscaria » Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:01 am

osjclatchford wrote:where is the dl link...
I can't seem to find it on the OP...


Oh Sorry. I must have accidentally deleted it when my OP ran out of spoiler tags and I had to delete one of them. The link is near the top. It's still the old slightly bugged version. You'll have to make the fixes yourself or wait for the next update.
User avatar
Amuscaria
The Sentient Mushroom
 
Joined: 26 Jul 2004
Location: Growing from mycelium near you.

Re: Hell-Forged - Please fill out poll on opening post.

Postby osjclatchford » Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:21 am

Oh, thanks guys...

I just thought I'd gone off my crust completely for a moment.
I spent ten minutes looking up and down and even refreshed my browser a few times.
I thought it had been filtered out by some such unknown factor or something and had a little panic! LOL
but, yeah, glad its not just me!
osjclatchford
 
Joined: 07 Feb 2011

PreviousNext

Return to TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AlphaSoraKun, Zombieguy223 and 6 guests