Page 329 of 332

Re: Hell-Forged - Version 1.10 Released! (Hotfix Update)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 11:27 am
by Amuscaria
Hi all, can you fill out the simple poll at the opening post regarding the map difficulties. I'm trying to gage the user experience on the maps for E2. Thanks. :)

Re: Hell-Forged - Please fill out poll on opening post.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 1:36 pm
by neoworm
I returned to Hell-forged this weekend to try the latest version and if it will interest me longer than it did innitially and I must admit the levels are just not for me. Starting around level 4 they are just getting bigger but definitely not more interesting or intriguing. A lot of grandious looking space that feels empty in the end. Most of the locations just started to blend together.

But the reason why I decided to post here is the new Hellduke melee attack. Because it got me and not in the right way. Are you sure you wanted to use ComboAttack there? Getting into his melee range to provoke melee attack is hard enough, but punish player immediately with a rocket into the face while the sprite is showing Hellduke swinging his arm is just dirty.

Re: Hell-Forged - Please fill out poll on opening post.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 3:10 pm
by Amuscaria
neoworm wrote:Are you sure you wanted to use ComboAttack there? Getting into his melee range to provoke melee attack is hard enough, but punish player immediately with a rocket into the face while the sprite is showing Hellduke swinging his arm is just dirty.


That is intentional. :D

Otherwise the player could just cheese out the fight by running up to it and pulling back every time it attack.

Re: Hell-Forged - Please fill out poll on opening post.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 3:27 pm
by neoworm
I think it makes the whole animation kinda pointless than and serves no purpose. And personally I think it doesn't look good at all right now. Maybe make his melee be a disc of repulsion like effect that will throw player back? Or let him finish the melee swing and than make him proceed with immediate rocket attack, similarly to like Revenants can go into attack animation right after pain state.

EDIT: I quickly modded the DECORATE so Hellduke goes from his melee attack directly to the rocket barrage and I think it works perfectly. You can trigger melee and still have a fair chance to dodge, but you know a rocket will follow. It fits the animation, doesn't feel unfair and still doesn't let player do any cheese tactics by keeping him in melee state.

Re: Hell-Forged - Please fill out poll on opening post.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 5:04 pm
by Amuscaria
The animation was intended as a resources. I wasn't going to add it into decorate at first but added it at the last minute. I'll make the changes you mentioned and see if it's cheesable.

Re: Hell-Forged - Please fill out poll on opening post.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2021 3:24 pm
by Seppe
Is there a guide with the location of the mushrooms?
I am trying to find the mushroom on HF1M5 Assembly Line, but I keep missing it.

Re: Hell-Forged - Please fill out poll on opening post.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2021 12:04 am
by Amuscaria
Seppe wrote:Is there a guide with the location of the mushrooms?
I am trying to find the mushroom on HF1M5 Assembly Line, but I keep missing it.


People always ask about that one for some reason, even though it's the easier one to find. :D

Read below for the rest of the mushrooms (Assuming you're using the latest version 1.10)

Spoiler:

Re: Hell-Forged - Please fill out poll on opening post.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2021 2:15 am
by Seppe
Amuscaria wrote:People always ask about that one for some reason, even though it's the easier one to find. :D


Thanks for the quick reply.
It is indeed a very obvious one, weird that I failed to find it.

Re: Hell-Forged - Please fill out poll on opening post.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2021 12:08 pm
by JohnnyTheWolf
Finally sat down to play this one after procrastinating for so long. It is pretty good so far, although I can only hope that the new version will rework the blade weapon to feel more like a blade weapon and less like a club! The first level on UV does not feel too hard so much as a bit tedious, as the game throws so many Pinky Demons at you early on: it is usually manageable, but I really wish I had a melee weapon to make them go down faster; even the Vorpal Blade's primary attack does not feel too satisfying to use against them.

Re: Hell-Forged - Please fill out poll on opening post.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2021 2:18 pm
by Amuscaria
JohnnyTheWolf wrote:Finally sat down to play this one after procrastinating for so long. It is pretty good so far, although I can only hope that the new version will rework the blade weapon to feel more like a blade weapon and less like a club! The first level on UV does not feel too hard so much as a bit tedious, as the game throws so many Pinky Demons at you early on: it is usually manageable, but I really wish I had a melee weapon to make them go down faster; even the Vorpal Blade's primary attack does not feel too satisfying to use against them.


Pinkies are only there to charge your Blade. A full charged blade will kill them in 2 hits, and it does splash damage. :)

Re: Hell-Forged - Please fill out poll on opening post.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2021 5:10 pm
by JohnnyTheWolf
Ah, I guess that makes sense, although it still makes having to fight my way to the Vorpal Blade kind of tedious.

Part of me wishes I could start with the Vorpal Blade rather than a regular sword, but I am not sure it would be balanced.

Re: Hell-Forged - Please fill out poll on opening post.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2021 8:56 pm
by JohnnyTheWolf
Question: in HF1M1, is there a way to get the canisters sitting on top of the tall bookshelves in the large room with two Hell Knights leading to the room with the Vorpal Blade?

Re: Hell-Forged - Please fill out poll on opening post.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2021 9:07 pm
by Amuscaria
JohnnyTheWolf wrote:Question: in HF1M1, is there a way to get the canisters sitting on top of the tall bookshelves in the large room with two Hell Knights leading to the room with the Vorpal Blade?


Yup. One of the bookshelves has a red book. ;)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2021 12:08 am
by Rudiarius
Don't let any naysayers make you think HF was too easy, it was perfect in terms of difficulty. Certainly challenging but not frustrating, fun and rewarding. :)

Re:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2021 5:02 pm
by Amuscaria
Rudiarius wrote:Don't let any naysayers make you think HF was too easy, it was perfect in terms of difficulty. Certainly challenging but not frustrating, fun and rewarding. :)


I'm definitely not making it easier. I just trying to get a feel of how much harder I should make E2. :)