Hell-Forged - Version 1.10 Released! (Development Closed)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Hell-Forged - Version 1.10 Released!

Postby Amuscaria » Sun Sep 05, 2021 10:46 pm

Leglock wrote:
Amuscaria wrote:Hell-Forged v1.10 is now live!

Get it here: https://www.moddb.com/games/doom-ii/dow ... orged-v110

I will no longer be updating this mod until Episode 2 is ready (where I will likely need to make a 1.20 version to have the two mods work together correctly), unless some major bugs are found.

Follow episode 2 development here: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=73013

We need to wait 24 hours :O

*shrug*. I've never gotten that waiting period before.
Amuscaria
The Sentient Mushroom

Postby Leglock » Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:04 am

What's the difference with the "old" 1.10?
I finished a couple of days ago and I have to say, it was quite polished. I found some flickering tiles on the ground in the maze (gotta remember the level) with jails.

The size of the levels still blowing my mind.
Leglock

Discord: Leggo#8138
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan Support

Postby Amuscaria » Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:34 am

Leglock wrote:What's the difference with the "old" 1.10?
I finished a couple of days ago and I have to say, it was quite polished. I found some flickering tiles on the ground in the maze (gotta remember the level) with jails.

This one fixes some bugs from the previous version. The weapons don't bug out when you have less ammo than the required amount to use the Alt-fire, but have enough for the primary fire. It makes some small adjustments to a couple of the levels. It also fixes some HUD issues. Otherwise it's not that different.
Amuscaria
The Sentient Mushroom

Postby Leglock » Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:18 am

Amuscaria wrote:
Leglock wrote:What's the difference with the "old" 1.10?

This one fixes some bugs from the previous version. The weapons don't bug out when you have less ammo than the required amount to use the Alt-fire, but have enough for the primary fire. It makes some small adjustments to a couple of the levels. It also fixes some HUD issues. Otherwise it's not that different.

I loaded an old save on the Keep and for my suprise it loaded.

Such amazing mod. Can't wait for part 2!
Leglock

Discord: Leggo#8138
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan Support

Re: Hell-Forged - Version 1.10 Released! (Development Closed

Postby ClessxAlghazanth » Mon Sep 06, 2021 6:10 pm

Hi , is it possible to play Hell-Forged with other map wads ?

Best regards
ClessxAlghazanth

Postby Amuscaria » Mon Sep 06, 2021 7:36 pm

ClessxAlghazanth wrote:Hi , is it possible to play Hell-Forged with other map wads ?

Best regards

The base mod, no. This is a TC, not a gameplay mod. You can use HyperExia's alternative version. I believe that's the gameplay mod version. It's on the opening post.
Amuscaria
The Sentient Mushroom

Postby ClessxAlghazanth » Mon Sep 06, 2021 7:38 pm

Amuscaria wrote:
ClessxAlghazanth wrote:Hi , is it possible to play Hell-Forged with other map wads ?

Best regards

The base mod, no. This is a TC, not a gameplay mod. You can use HyperExia's alternative version. I believe that's the gameplay mod version. It's on the opening post.

Thank you 8-)
ClessxAlghazanth

Postby Amuscaria » Tue Sep 07, 2021 2:53 am

ClessxAlghazanth wrote:
Amuscaria wrote:

Best regards

Thank you 8-)

You might want to wait until HyperExia finishes updating all the stuff to the 1.10 standard. I believe the alternative version is using 1.00c as a base.
Amuscaria
The Sentient Mushroom

Postby Doominer441 » Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:40 pm

I noticed while playing HF1M0 that whenever a Director fires its secondary attack, it noticeably "jitters" up and down as its barrels click around, I assume its just some offset issues.
Doominer441

Postby Amuscaria » Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:20 pm

Doominer441 wrote:I noticed while playing HF1M0 that whenever a Director fires its secondary attack, it noticeably "jitters" up and down as its barrels click around, I assume its just some offset issues.

I think you're using an older version of the mod. The official release should have the offset fixed already.

Nvm. Apparently setting the correct offsets didn't solve the issue because the sprites are 1 pixel different in height, causing a slight shift between the primary and alt-fire frames when using smart-clipping. I've fixed it in my native version, but the bug is slight minor I don't feel it justifies an upload. I'll put out an update when the 2.00 public alpha is ready.
Amuscaria
The Sentient Mushroom

Previous

Return to TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects