Hell-Forged - Final Super-Secret Map Completed (P.319)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Hell-Forged - Final Super-Secret Map Completed (P.319)

Postby skymarshall » Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:04 am

Hi Amuscaria - I meant to do this ages ago, but I've assembled some brightmaps to add glowing eyes to the Hellforged monsters.

The Devil, Bloodfiend, Corpulent, Aracknight and Draugr are mine, the Imp and Demon sprites are from the Vanilla Brightmaps Plus 1.72 project.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/156vA2CM5ZPJG3LVDqIGG30y3fyj_dJuR/view?usp=sharing

Example:

https://imgur.com/a/6DKOPyD

Let me know what you think!
skymarshall

Postby Amuscaria » Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:49 pm

@Skymarshall: thank you very much for this! I think they look great. I will add it to the 1.1 patch whenever I have time to get around to adding the Hellduke sprites and player crouch-sprites. Thanks again! :D
Amuscaria
The Sentient Mushroom

Re: Hell-Forged - Project On Hold Until 2021 (P.321)

Postby Amuscaria » Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:11 pm

I'm taking a long break until January 2021 before continue my work on HF v1.10. Spent most of the previous 2 years working on nothing but HF, and most of this year making updates and maintenance. I've neglected on practicing up drawing and coloring, and feel my artistic skills have significantly regressed. I'll be spending the rest of this year practicing and getting back into shape. No updates will made for this time. All of the maps in HF 1.1 have been updated with additional detail where the original released lacked, mostly in the later maps. I do have a sizable number of sprites I need to make, Unfortunately I've lost the finished vesion of the Hellduke sculpt because my dumbass saved the Hellsmith model over the file, left me an older version, which requires a lot of adjustments. I've also lost the colored version of the male player base model, but that isn't too hard to reproduce, which I need for the player crouch-sprites. The shark enemies are relatively strait forward so I don't see any problems ahead.
Last edited by Amuscaria on Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Amuscaria
The Sentient Mushroom

Re: Hell-Forged - Project On Hold Until 2021 (P.321)

Postby Captain J » Tue Oct 06, 2020 4:10 am

Amuscaria wrote:Unfortunately I've lost the finished vesion of the Hell-Duke sculpt because my dumbass saved the Hellsmith model over the file, and I'll have to use an older version for the new sprites, which requires a lot of adjustments.
OOF... Sorry to hear that. We've been there. It's not a race, so keep it cool!
Captain J
That's Amoreee

Discord: DiscussJ#3128

Postby fluffyshambler » Tue Oct 06, 2020 4:59 pm

I love this mod, but there is one little nitpick to be had. A lot of the ambient sounds are from Heretic, and they werent really made to be looped continuously like they are. The water and lava sounds for instance are noticeably awkward. It probably wouldnt be hard to find suitably looped replacements, either from free sound libraries or other old games like Blood.

By the way, I was curious if the maps were all balanced for pistol-start. The secret level was at least doable with a lot of wheel of pain ammo grinding.
fluffyshambler

Postby Captain J » Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:01 am

Well, you can try my sound addon for this TC if you'd like. It's in the OP.
Captain J
That's Amoreee

Discord: DiscussJ#3128

Postby fluffyshambler » Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:47 pm

No offense but I dont enjoy HD sound packs. And that wouldnt really solve the issue with the regular sounds, which I assume most people will use just by virtue of being the default.
fluffyshambler

Postby Amuscaria » Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:53 pm

fluffyshambler wrote:I love this mod, but there is one little nitpick to be had. A lot of the ambient sounds are from Heretic, and they werent really made to be looped continuously like they are. The water and lava sounds for instance are noticeably awkward. It probably wouldnt be hard to find suitably looped replacements, either from free sound libraries or other old games like Blood.

By the way, I was curious if the maps were all balanced for pistol-start. The secret level was at least doable with a lot of wheel of pain ammo grinding.

The water sounds are from Duke 3D, which I assume loop since they do in Duke3d. The lava sounds are from Hexen which also loop in that game. There are certain sounds from Blood that are looping which aren't supposed to, an oversight from the early days of Demon Eclipse E2 that I never got around fixing. I'll replace the sounds with more suitable ones once I locate some from the 90s-early 2000s era so they don't sound usually crisp compared to the other stuff. :)
Amuscaria
The Sentient Mushroom

Previous

Return to TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects