Hell-Forged (updated to v1.11 - development paused)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

How do you feel about the difficulty of Hell-Forged Maps on UV (Grandmaster)?

Poll ended at Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:26 am

Too Easy
9%
Somewhat Easy
4%
Just Right
22%
Somewhat Hard
52%
Too Hard
13%
Impossible
No votes

Total votes: 23

TheBellTolls
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Hell-Forged - (Prerelease Beta Now Live!) Need Testers (

Post by TheBellTolls »

Amuscaria wrote:The secret is tagged as the items in that those areas. The Soultaker is a secret in the first screenshot. Depending on which power-up you selected for the Red-building, a 2nd-tier power-up will spawn at the destination of that teleporter, which has the secret tag in the second screenshot.
I see the problem now. I had full ammo when I checked the room, so I didn't collect the Soultaker for it to count. Seems like I glossed over the other powerup counting, though. Whoops! :oops:
Amuscaria wrote:There is a small switch near the floor to the right side of the upper level. It lowers the other pillar in that room which has a teleporter that teleports you to that upper secret area. Again, the secret tag is on the power-up itself. If you didn't pick a power-up that spawns in that area, there will be no point getting there.
I think I know what happened here. Earlier in the thread, someone brought up that teleporter brought them to the wrong spot, which was the case for me. It brought me to that small caged room with armor in it rather than up to the power-up. I guess that's a good reason I couldn't figure it out!
Amuscaria wrote:Did you get the secret Orange Mushroom behind the secret Green building cliff? ;)
Yes I did, and he was quite adorable. I managed to get the 18/18 after emptying some Soul ammo, so that solves that! Thanks for the clarifications.
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

Finished the player mugs for both sexes:
Spoiler:
This concludes the essential graphics. I'll leave the crouch-sprites for v1.10 since I accidentally saved over the male model with the female one. Still have the base uncolored one, but will take some time to set up again. Only other misc asset I need to make is to redo the Title/Logo image.
TheRailgunner

Post by TheRailgunner »

Amuscaria wrote:Finished the player mugs for both sexes:
Spoiler:
This concludes the essential graphics. I'll leave the crouch-sprites for v1.10 since I accidentally saved over the male model with the female one. Still have the base uncolored one, but will take some time to set up again. Only other misc asset I need to make is to redo the Title/Logo image.
Erm, why do these player faces have O-faces? I mean, Degreelessness is good, but it isn't THAT good...
SamVision

Post by SamVision »

OMFG those god-mode faces :shock: :lol:

EDIT: Just remembered, are you going to bother making gib faces as well?
Last edited by SamVision on Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Definitely realistic and amusing faces. I definitely like them faces, intact to injured! And of course, they have to pierce the heavens once they turn god mode on. :P
7awbO2jQxB-1.png
7awbO2jQxB-1.png (13.51 KiB) Viewed 1439 times
Haah... G... God... God Mode...

EDIT:
Gez wrote:Suggestion: "Templar man" and "Templar woman" instead of "Male Templar" and "Female Templar".
Templar man? Templar woman? Those sounds exactly like what Mega Man franchise would make. :P
Last edited by Captain J on Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gez

Post by Gez »

laffo at the god faces

Suggestion: "Templar man" and "Templar woman" instead of "Male Templar" and "Female Templar".
TheBellTolls

Post by TheBellTolls »

I like how the male Templar gets a blood goatee when he's injured. :lol:
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

SamVision wrote:Just remembered, are you going to bother making gib faces as well?
Maybe in 1.1. Didn't even know there was a gibbing mug until you mentioned it.
Gez

Post by Gez »

Captain J wrote: EDIT:
Gez wrote:Suggestion: "Templar man" and "Templar woman" instead of "Male Templar" and "Female Templar".
Templar man? Templar woman? Those sounds exactly like what Mega Man franchise would make. :P
Yeah, just like policeman and spokeswoman are obviously superhero names. :roll:
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

I'm sure Mega Man fans already made their own characters with such name, i presume. And of course, i was joking.
Amuscaria

Re: Hell-Forged - V. 1.00 Released! (See Page 1)

Post by Amuscaria »

Version 1.00 Released!

Download Link 1: https://uofi.box.com/s/wsj7b93r465yx8cwcnkgpe36xaq3ks39

Patch Notes:
Spoiler:
Future Development:

I'll be taking a LONG break, at least until Doom Eternal comes out and I get to play thru it. Won't be making any changes until then unless some major bug is found. There is a long back-log of artwork I need work work on for the time being.

The next project will either be Episode 2 for HF, or the HF-Sequel "Hell-Forged: City of the Damned". Ep2 will pretty much be like HF-EP2, but in a different plane of Hell with a focus on the undead. CoTD will be more Hexen-like, with 4 unique classes, each very different from one another. The documentation have been written out and I'm confident I can pull either one of these off relatively easily now that I have the 3D-2-Sprite work process down. Ep2 will be a lot easier to make, but CoTD seems more fun to make. Either way, won't be for a while. Might ask for help mapping or something after the bulk of the resources have been made. We'll see, since these won't be fore a long while.

The next major patch will be v1.10, with the following planned additions:
Spoiler:
Thank you all for helping me pull this project off. Special thanks to those that have taken the time to play thru the alphas and betas. The project would not be possible without y'all. Cheers! :mrgreen:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll be packaging up the resources into 2 separate wad files. One that I can release onto Creative Commons, and the other that I can't due to the derivative nature. I'll be adding these to the Resources subforum sometime later today after some package clean-up.
Last edited by Amuscaria on Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheBellTolls

Post by TheBellTolls »

Woohoo! Good thing I only got 3 levels recorded before this came out, haha. Awesome work, Amu. Have a good break.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

You're working hard as usual for the mod, i see. But hey, the update's done now and get some rest! You deserve it. Few changes are quite nice, and i thank you for adding kick attack for the Paladin Sword... Although it's quite slower than Duke Nukem 3D's mighty foot or Hacx's Boot. But it's useful nonetheless.
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

Captain J wrote:You're working hard as usual for the mod, i see. But hey, the update's done now and get some rest! You deserve it. Few changes are quite nice, and i thank you for adding kick attack for the Paladin Sword... Although it's quite slower than Duke Nukem 3D's mighty foot or Hacx's Boot. But it's useful nonetheless.
I'm not sure how I can make the sword act normal, but the alt-attack (kick) knock enemies back. The A_CustomPunch doesn't have a push parameter. I tried using a projectile, but that doesn't work very well at all.
SamVision

Post by SamVision »

Amuscaria wrote:
Captain J wrote:You're working hard as usual for the mod, i see. But hey, the update's done now and get some rest! You deserve it. Few changes are quite nice, and i thank you for adding kick attack for the Paladin Sword... Although it's quite slower than Duke Nukem 3D's mighty foot or Hacx's Boot. But it's useful nonetheless.
I'm not sure how I can make the sword act normal, but the alt-attack (kick) knock enemies back. The A_CustomPunch doesn't have a push parameter. I tried using a projectile, but that doesn't work very well at all.

You could put the RadiusThrust on the puff instead.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”