[GZDoom] Hell-Forged - (new alpha test up)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: [GZDoom] Hell-Forged - (new alpha test up)

Postby PlayerLin » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:06 am

osjclatchford wrote:he's a Templar in training. its his basic weapon.

Uh, the player character's gender hasn't decided yet...I hope it still female, for some reasons...:P

Looking forward this mod, I just played a bit and I don't have any to say(as others already pointed out), the HF1M1 just hard but I don't have problem with Hexen's beginning style so I'm OK with that, just needed more health items I guess?
PlayerLin

Location: XinZhuang, XinBei/New Taipei City(Former Taipei County), Taiwan.

Postby Amuscaria » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:38 pm

Still wondering about that. Leaning towards male character for the initial release. Might add a female skin for some later up-date.
Amuscaria
The Sentient Mushroom

Postby SamVision » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:45 pm

Since the player character is not a marine like 99% of Doom mods, how about developing an actual character instead of just a player avatar? They would not have to speak or anything, but just have a more defined presence than just Generic Space Marine #4512.
SamVision

Postby Amuscaria » Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:35 pm

SamVision wrote:Since the player character is not a marine like 99% of Doom mods, how about developing an actual character instead of just a player avatar? They would not have to speak or anything, but just have a more defined presence than just Generic Space Marine #4512.

What do you mean? More like Duke Nukem and Shadow Warrior? I've always thought strength of Doom is that the player is largely characterless - you are the character. Right now, I'm just just focusing on the amount of work necessary to make the sprites. I think adding a female skin or vice versa would be a significant investment, one I might not make. Making the the player female would be move novel (when it comes to Doom anyway), but a male player would be more relatable to most of the audience.
Amuscaria
The Sentient Mushroom

Postby Captain J » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:27 am

Why not make the character with ambiguous gender? Like covering the whole character with some kind of brand new medieval armor... Yeah, what i mean is making the new player sprite would work.
Captain J
'OH YE'

Discord: DiscussJ#3128

Postby Josh » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:55 am

Hello Amuscaria.

I was looking to see what sprites are usable in other projects. While looking through your credits, I noticed that the word "graphics" was mis spelt several times as "grpahics". Just thought you should know.

Also any confirmation of if I'm correct with the below would be hugely appreciated:

"I can use all Hell-forged monster sprites EXCEPT those belonging to the Sentinel"

Is the above true?

Thanks.
Josh
Also known as "Dragonfly"

Previous

Return to TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects