Hell-Forged - Final Super-Secret Map Completed (P.319)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Demon Eclipse: Hell-forged Edition (WIP) - New Beta.

Postby SoloSpaghetti » Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:15 am

Eriance wrote:Complete. Went with normal hands.

That's simply gorgeous!
SoloSpaghetti
Upgrated!

Postby torridgristle » Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:51 pm

There's a few bright pixels on around the edge of the palm where it should be dark and there are some parts that look curved. The dark lines added under the edges of the guard makes it look like the underside is recessed and the edges are lipped.
torridgristle
Sprites will be 120% tall in the game.

Postby TheMightyHeracross » Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:56 pm

Doominer441 wrote:Aww... You went with doom!gal! hands. Guess it will be up to someone else to create hell armor replacements.

I have never heard of hell armor hands ever, but since Demon Eclipse uses Doom hands, of course the Vorpal blade should.
TheMightyHeracross
...and remember: his silence is golden.

Discord: TheMightyHeracross#1716
Operating System: Debian-like Linux (Debian, Ubuntu, Kali, Mint, etc) 64-bit

Postby Onslaught Six » Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:17 pm

Hell armour was Eriance's idea. I think the idea is that all the E2 weapons are Hell-themed, so why shouldn't the player's armour be too? I don't think any of the other E2 weapons have hands either.
Onslaught Six
Oozing of Onslaughttitude

Postby Minigunner » Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:23 am

To add to torridGristle's criticism, the fingers on the third attack frame's hand aren't rounded that well (compared to the fingers on the second attack sprite).
Minigunner

Discord: Minigunner#5418

Postby Amuscaria » Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:35 am

@Torrid: Fixed most of the stuff. The first flaming attack frame was actually pasted wrong.

@Minigunner: Fixed.

@Onslaught: The issue wasn't just having or not having hellish armor. Aside from the extra time I would need to sprite the armored hands, as opposed to the gloved ones, I didn't want to make E1 and E2/E3 look like separate mods. There was already very little that connected the two episodes other than being in DE. Also, since you pick up the Vorpal Blade as the first weapon, it'd be weird to have armor on already.

I did design a full body hell body suit for another mod that I thought I could recycle here, and having your flesh melt off your arms the instant you hand, forcing you to find the suit before you die prior to getting the Vorpal Blade. But that was too much work and It didn't fit into Doom's gameplay style that well. I'll save that for the other mod in the far future.

Hands to weapons that needed them, now that I have decided which hands to use, will be added to the other Hell weapons. Most of them don't need any.
Last edited by Amuscaria on Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Amuscaria
The Sentient Mushroom

Postby LostSkull » Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:37 am

Geez you two, do you sit with your nose pressed against the damn screen..?
Do it better then.
LostSkull
Banned User

Postby torridgristle » Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:47 am

LostSkull wrote:Geez you two, do you sit with your nose pressed against the damn screen..?
Do it better then.

The purpose of this post is...? If Eriance isn't concerned he'll say that we should do it on our own, like always. You don't need to act like a hero because two people pointed out overlooked parts of sprites. :roll:
torridgristle
Sprites will be 120% tall in the game.

Postby LostSkull » Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:09 am

Hero? No no... It's all good that you keep correcting Eriance so that the mod will be awesome. But sometimes it appears to be so... I dunno, excessive?
LostSkull
Banned User

Postby Doominer441 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:25 pm

Eriance wrote:I did design a full body hell body suit for another mod that I thought I could recycle here, and having your flesh melt off your arms the instant you hand, forcing you to find the suit before you die prior to getting the Vorpal Blade.

Maybe you could recycle it as a way to put a radiation suit in episode II? It could just be a normal radiation suit but with the full body hell armor sprite.
Doominer441

Postby Princess Viscra Maelstrom » Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:47 pm

AFAIK, the only hazards i remember from EP2 of DE was the lava, which killed you instantly if you touched it (IIRC? maybe it didn't do that). so there's not much need for a "Hell" version of the rad suit because you'd just make your best to stay away from the lava.
Princess Viscra Maelstrom
Lives To Serve

Postby Amuscaria » Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:27 pm

Viscra Maelstrom wrote:AFAIK, the only hazards i remember from EP2 of DE was the lava, which killed you instantly if you touched it (IIRC? maybe it didn't do that). so there's not much need for a "Hell" version of the rad suit because you'd just make your best to stay away from the lava.

That was only in the very early versions of DE. Unless it was a instant-death pit, which there are probably none of in E2 at the moment, the lava does 20 damage. But I already had a radsuit-like power up that makes you immune to damaging floors, but also reduces damage to 75% permanently for 1 level, as well as making you immune to all splash damage. So there is no need for a hell-radsuit.
Amuscaria
The Sentient Mushroom

Postby Gez » Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:41 pm

Yeah, the secret powerup that you pretty much need to find if you want to defeat the Hellsmith, because the entire arena where you fight it is made of lava.

I never found where it was hidden in that level and consequently never finished that map without cheating.
Gez

Postby Amuscaria » Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:55 pm

Gez wrote:Yeah, the secret powerup that you pretty much need to find if you want to defeat the Hellsmith, because the entire arena where you fight it is made of lava.

I never found where it was hidden in that level and consequently never finished that map without cheating.

The Hellsmith's beatable without it. :) I tested it before I added that additional secret to make it easier. Also, the new Hellsmith will have its attacks significantly nerfed, and the arena part altered.
Amuscaria
The Sentient Mushroom

Postby Machine-Reaper » Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:11 am

Eriance wrote:
Gez wrote:Yeah, the secret powerup that you pretty much need to find if you want to defeat the Hellsmith, because the entire arena where you fight it is made of lava.

The Hellsmith's beatable without it. :) I tested it before I added that additional secret to make it easier. Also, the new Hellsmith will have its attacks significantly nerfed, and the arena part altered.

The first time I encountured the Hellsmith I never knew there was such a powerup to defend yourself from the lava in the boss arena..In fact I felt that it was perfectly balanced cause you had to keep running and while jumping along continuously made it less damaging and more easy to dodge the attacks... 8-)
Machine-Reaper
commander tea cup reporting for duty!

PreviousNext

Return to TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects