Hell-Forged (updated to v1.11 - development paused)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

How do you feel about the difficulty of Hell-Forged Maps on UV (Grandmaster)?

Poll ended at Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:26 am

Too Easy
9%
Somewhat Easy
4%
Just Right
22%
Somewhat Hard
52%
Too Hard
13%
Impossible
No votes

Total votes: 23

zdude

Re: Demon Eclipse (WIP) - Project starting up again.

Post by zdude »

Right, I feel like an idiot now.
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

There is nothing to show with screen shots since there aren't any new levels (I'm currently remaking Map11, will have screens when that's playable). There are no real EP3 maps, so no, no screen shots. There won't be any for at least another year. My primary goal is finishing up the monsters, as that has a bigger use than 6 maps (especially for other peeps that wants to edit them for other things).
---------------------
BTW, does anyone know how to make a multi-part monster? I've seen LWM do it for the Chibi Rebellion mod for the AT-STs and AT-ATs, but I can't figure out which part of her mod does that. Is it in the ACS script? I'm asking this because the final Boss in EP3 has to be made of several "parts". Would be impractical to try to sprite a monster of that size.
InsanityBringer

Post by InsanityBringer »

Eriance wrote:BTW, does anyone know how to make a multi-part monster? I've seen LWM do it for the Chibi Rebellion mod for the AT-STs and AT-ATs, but I can't figure out which part of her mod does that. Is it in the ACS script? I'm asking this because the final Boss in EP3 has to be made of several "parts". Would be impractical to try to sprite a monster of that size.
Yeah, you usually use ACS to do multipart monsters. I've never experimented with it in very complex systems, but I have done some quicky scripts that "attach" objects to other objects.
LilWhiteMouse

Post by LilWhiteMouse »

I wouldn't try rooting through CR's scripts. Would be easier if I threw together a demo. You should know though, that there are rendering issues, given (Z)Doom is sprite engine. Vertically stacking sprites is fine, but the farther they get from their "parent", the more obvious it becomes.
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

LilWhiteMouse wrote:I wouldn't try rooting through CR's scripts. Would be easier if I threw together a demo. You should know though, that there are rendering issues, given (Z)Doom is sprite engine. Vertically stacking sprites is fine, but the farther they get from their "parent", the more obvious it becomes.
I would definitely appreciate a tutorial. As for the rendering issues, it doesn't matter. The final boss is clearly made from seperate pieces (head, chest, upper/lower arms, pelvis, upper/lower legs). I just want the thing to be able to to move as a whole. Rather the player can tell that it's not a single monster doesn't really matter that much as they would be clearly floating around, as intended. :)
LilWhiteMouse

Post by LilWhiteMouse »

Eriance wrote:As for the rendering issues, it doesn't matter.
Looks fine here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/47474132@N08/4610624704/
Look at it from the wrong angle:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/47474132@N08/4610626472/

I post a demo in a little bit.
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

YOU ARE MADE OF WIN! D:

Are any of these mods released? I don't think I've played any of them.

BTW, is there a reason why your avatar keeps changing expressions? I swore it was another expression just a few minutes ago. O_o
zdude

Post by zdude »

EDIT: Didn't read all your post Eriance. I was too quick in posting this response.
Last edited by zdude on Sat May 15, 2010 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LilWhiteMouse

Post by LilWhiteMouse »

Eriance wrote:Are any of these mods released? I don't think I've played any of them.
I posted Shaded War a long time ago, but there wasn't really any interest so I never bothered to post it again.
BTW, is there a reason why your avatar keeps changing expressions? I swore it was another expression just a few minutes ago. O_o
I have no idea what you're talking about.
zdude

Post by zdude »

LilWhiteMouse wrote:
I have no idea what you're talking about.
I think Eriance is right. Your avatar did appear change expressions. When I first saw it, I thought it looked depressed.

I am interested to see how the final boss is gonna turn out. No doubt it's gonna take a LOT of work to make.
Last edited by zdude on Sat May 15, 2010 9:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Captain Ventris

Post by Captain Ventris »

What? Her avatar has always been the same picture. :?
BouncyTEM
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support
Location: 2280 Lol Street: The Calamitous Carnival (formerly Senators Prison)

Post by BouncyTEM »

Same picture, but there's multiple different variants of it with different expressions.

I think that's the...7th version of it i've seen, now? 8th?
Captain Ventris

Post by Captain Ventris »

Bouncy wrote:Same picture, but there's multiple different variants of it with different expressions.

shhhhhh

Great, just give it away, why don't you? Gaaah how are we supposed to drive people insane now!?
XutaWoo

Post by XutaWoo »

Bouncy wrote:Same picture, but there's multiple different variants of it with different expressions.

AND THIS IS WHY WE CAN'T HAVE NICE THINGS.
LilWhiteMouse

Post by LilWhiteMouse »

Took me longer then expected, kept getting carried away. I think this gives you be basic idea. Summon "PainCenter" to see it work. Specific behavior depends on the "monster". If you want a more complete (and complicated) example, I can post my updated Scorpion Mastermind. The more well known Harbinger is woefully outdated.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”