Hell-Forged (updated to v1.11 - development paused)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

How do you feel about the difficulty of Hell-Forged Maps on UV (Grandmaster)?

Poll ended at Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:26 am

Too Easy
9%
Somewhat Easy
4%
Just Right
22%
Somewhat Hard
52%
Too Hard
13%
Impossible
No votes

Total votes: 23

Tango

Re: [GZDoom] Hell-Forged - (On hiatus until December - schoo

Post by Tango »

shots look excellent, love the custom dark versions of all those textures you're using.

also wanted to say thanks again, since it was just mentioned ^^, for so freely sharing your work; you've done a huge service to the community in doing so and I can't thank you enough :D
TaporGaming
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by TaporGaming »

Hellduke is looks good.

Director is looks Awesome!.

Behemoth is kinda large version of mancubus.
el armadillo2

Post by el armadillo2 »

What's with the detailed outside area in the first map? Is that one of the Deathmatch "sub-maps"?
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

el armadillo2 wrote:What's with the detailed outside area in the first map? Is that one of the Deathmatch "sub-maps"?
That's just detail. The 0.6c alpha doesn't have any deathmatch areas. I haven't uploaded the 0.8a beta yet, which does, along with a large set of bug-fixes.

The updated map layouts with the Deathmatch is shown below:
Spoiler:
I will resume working on this project in 2 weeks, after I finish my graduate thesis paper and other school projects. The next map, HF1M7: Tower of Command, should be done the following week or so, with the release of the 0.8a alpha. I'll finish up the Hellsmith boss monsters and start on the new HF1M9: Hell Forge ~late November-early December. The 0.9 alpha will be released on New Year's day, if everything goes according to schedule.
Last edited by Amuscaria on Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Maaaaaaaad Mapping skills... :shocked: I guess i should prepare myself to explore all the map of this mod later! That 1st map kinda looks like a Scorpion, or Wingless Fly.
YukesVonFaust

Post by YukesVonFaust »

Linedefs and visplanes is now overkill lmao

anyway, that's a lot of linedefs... are those large maps?
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

YukesVonFaust wrote:Linedefs and visplanes is now overkill lmao

anyway, that's a lot of linedefs... are those large maps?
Oh no, that's just Imgur's thumbnail compression messing up the images. Typical new maps ranges between 2000-2800 sectors, 12000 linedefs. The maps are large-ish, but not gigantic.
Amuscaria

Re: [GZDoom] Hell-Forged - (0.8 public Alpha up!)

Post by Amuscaria »

0.8 Alpha test has been uploaded. Check the front page if you're interested. Was hoping to put in more, but school and job applications have kept me quite busy. I won't have time to work on this until I graduate next month, and will probably be busy job searching. I'll add the last 2 maps and the Hellsmith final boss next patch.

There are many changes:

-2 New maps.
-3 New Monsters.
-Deathmatch support in all existing maps (only tested with Z-Cajun)
-Tons of bug fixes and tweaks.
-Tons of new textures.
-General cleanup of unused and untraceable resources that I couldn't track down the original author(s).

See the patch notes file for full details.

I would love to get some feedback for the deathmatch areas in general, as I've only tested them with ZCajun bots that didn't know how to navigate the map or aim.

Download Link: https://uofi.box.com/s/uv3rfpv10rr1nl4s2ohw422a52u268hj
Last edited by Amuscaria on Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Toberone

Post by Toberone »

Really cool stuff here. Really enjoying myself, not doneyet but I wanted to chime in real quick cause its something I noticed real fast. Is the nailgun alt-fire suppose to consume 2 bullets? Cause its only consuming 1 for very high dps
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

Toberone wrote:Really cool stuff here. Really enjoying myself, not doneyet but I wanted to chime in real quick cause its something I noticed real fast. Is the nailgun alt-fire suppose to consume 2 bullets? Cause its only consuming 1 for very high dps
The alt-fire consuming 1 ammo is intentional. You lose the ripping ability for more damage to single targets, but it also deals fire-damage, making it less good for "molten" enemies (50% reduced fire-damage). This was meant to keep the nailgun more useful against bosses (they are immune to the ripping effect) and lone monsters. :)
Hellstorm Archon
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them

Post by Hellstorm Archon »

Spoiler:
Off-topic: I couldn’t help but notice that the new Mancubus from Doom Eternal bears an uncanny resemblance to the Behemoth (or the Enormus). Perhaps making the DE Fatso could be in the cards? :P

On-topic: I performed some playtesting, and discovered some small errors such as a misaligned texture and typos (for example, the pickup message for the Rucksack is “Picked Picked up a rucksack!” I will be keeping up posted with the beta as I play more of it.
Last edited by Blue Shadow on Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Rehosted the massive screenshot on imgur and used the [imgur] tag on it.
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

Hellstorm Archon wrote: On-topic: I performed some playtesting, and discovered some small errors such as a misaligned texture and typos (for example, the pickup message for the Rucksack is “Picked Picked up a rucksack!” I will be keeping up posted with the beta as I play more of it.
Fixed. :)
el armadillo2

Post by el armadillo2 »

Some of the new enemies look slightly unfitting since they were made with 3D models, but the only one that really looks out of place is the Behemoth.

Also, the fast weapon switch and their sounds (due to how high-quality they are) kinda kill the atmosphere, maybe add an option to turn them off?
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

School is done with! Back to work. :D
SamVision

Post by SamVision »

I don't mind the appearance of the enemies much, it doesnt really matter if they fit the game or not. But I agree with the weapon switching sounds, they don't fit especially since they are all the same. Also the first flame weapon firing sound is a bit too loud for a shotgun class weapon.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”