Hell-Forged (updated to v1.11 - development paused)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

How do you feel about the difficulty of Hell-Forged Maps on UV (Grandmaster)?

Poll ended at Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:26 am

Too Easy
9%
Somewhat Easy
4%
Just Right
22%
Somewhat Hard
52%
Too Hard
13%
Impossible
No votes

Total votes: 23

Amuscaria

Re: Hell-Forged - Update in Progress (Check Opening page)

Post by Amuscaria »

torridgristle wrote:Hey can you give us a run-down on your new 3D process? All the way from deciding what's going to work on this visual scale, to lighting / shading, to rendering, to Photoshop.
-Zbrush for modeling, painting base colors, basic lighting and posing. You can save each pose as a layer in ZBrush, which is pretty nifty.
-Zbrush Plugin - Turntable to generate a movie file with 8 rotations.
-Rip turntable movie frames for the 8 images per rotation.
-Bring images into Photoshop or Sai to paint and finalize colors and large details.
-Downscale appropriately for Doom, and bring sprite sheet into MS paint for final detailing touches.

As to why I'm doing why I'm doing what I'm doing, I don't really have a set process as of yet. Still in the learning and experimenting phase, personally.
Last edited by Amuscaria on Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gideon020

Post by Gideon020 »

Amuscaria wrote:
Gideon020 wrote:I'd love to see a version that was just weapons, items and monsters so it could be played with megawads and map-packs in the future. :)
Think Xaser already made (or is updating the old version) a version with just the guns.
I'm not if Xaser is planning on updating his EriGuns II weapon mod with everything you just created for this project (unless you just handed it all over and asked him to update it with all this stuff) so I was just more thinking of seeing this mod sans levels as a way of having both the old and the new.

Doesn't really matter anyway, I'm playing this when you finish this. :D
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

Gideon020 wrote:
Amuscaria wrote:
Gideon020 wrote:I'd love to see a version that was just weapons, items and monsters so it could be played with megawads and map-packs in the future. :)
Think Xaser already made (or is updating the old version) a version with just the guns.
I'm not if Xaser is planning on updating his EriGuns II weapon mod with everything you just created for this project (unless you just handed it all over and asked him to update it with all this stuff) so I was just more thinking of seeing this mod sans levels as a way of having both the old and the new.

Doesn't really matter anyway, I'm playing this when you finish this. :D
Xaser asked for the newest updated weapon sprites a month or so ago, so Im pretty sure he's going to update it.
Xaser

Post by Xaser »

Believe it or not, it's already updated. I, uh, just haven't gotten around to finishing rewriting the opening post. x:
Gideon020

Post by Gideon020 »

Xaser wrote:Believe it or not, it's already updated. I, uh, just haven't gotten around to finishing rewriting the opening post. x:
Off to GitHub I go!

Edit: Incidentally, any chance the Templar sword will become the Fist replacer?
Xaser

Post by Xaser »

Eventually. Gotta do some sprite-fu on some things to add it, and I didn't want that to hold back the v2.0.0 release. "Soon" though! :D

[ok enough about me; I'd better give the thread for the real project back to the actual artist :P ]
Gideon020

Post by Gideon020 »

Heheh, sorry about the derail. :D
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

Project is behind schedule because I broken my tablet stylus. Won't receive a new one until Dec 1. Probably won't be much progress in terms of sprites until then. Been working on maps for the time being.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Not sure why your tablet went broken, but it's okay man. Hope you bring up the better one!
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

Captain J wrote:Not sure why your tablet went broken, but it's okay man. Hope you bring up the better one!
It's just the pen. Think I crush the tip when I was moving my computer home.
Tango

Post by Tango »

I missed that this was in development again. you're awesome Amuscaria :D the shots and the sprites look stellar. I would never have been able to tell that the sentinel sprites were model-based; looks perfect.

I also just wanted to say thanks for contributing so much excellent sprite work to the community over the years, and being so open about sharing it. it is much appreciated!
Naniyue

Post by Naniyue »

I fell in love with those swords at first sight! Can't wait to use them! And that Sentinel is scaaarry!
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

Finished the Sentinel and a new map. Updated all existing maps in UDMF. Updates and screenshots on front page. :)
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

The Sentinel has a Pharaoh-ish thing to it. It's just so well made. Probably would be a neat oponent for a Powerslave/Exhumed mod of some sorts.

Just damn amazing work.
reikall

Post by reikall »

As an artist, that sentinel is so good it makes me question what I'm doing with my life. :lol:

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”