Hell-Forged (updated to v1.11 - development paused)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

How do you feel about the difficulty of Hell-Forged Maps on UV (Grandmaster)?

Poll ended at Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:26 am

Too Easy
9%
Somewhat Easy
4%
Just Right
22%
Somewhat Hard
52%
Too Hard
13%
Impossible
No votes

Total votes: 23

Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Re: [GZDoom] Hell-Forged - (0.6b update up - p.1)

Post by Captain J »

Dark and Dread-mendous. I totally likey!
Jimmy

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Jimmy »

I'm really liking the screenshots (as always), although I hope the maps altogether don't become too "homogenized" as a result of the mass-retexturing. Each map already had a pretty strong identity in the visual department, and extra splashes of color and variety here and there never really hurt.
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

Jimmy wrote:I'm really liking the screenshots (as always), although I hope the maps altogether don't become too "homogenized" as a result of the mass-retexturing. Each map already had a pretty strong identity in the visual department, and extra splashes of color and variety here and there never really hurt.
Currently adding more textures and props. Should help with the monotony a bit. Anything is better than the Poo-brown levels, though. :P

EDIT: Working on the Interpic for Hell-Forged. About time I replaced that ugly Demon Eclipse ending screen with something more professional. Pretty happy with this layout. Still sketching out the Titlepic, but will need to finalize the player's design first.
Spoiler:
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Looks great, twisted, demonic and such. Would be awestruck if it's all finished!
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

Working on new Hellsmith statue. Like how to metalic look came out. Will need to clean it up a bit.
Spoiler:
Xaser

Re: [GZDoom] Hell-Forged - (new alpha test up)

Post by Xaser »

Amuscaria wrote: I was going to have the Vorpal Blade be part of a "Hell Armor" Biosuit when you pick it up in the first map, but have since changed my mind. I'm going to replace the hands with just the normal Templar-gloved hands in the next release.
This is literally months late, so you may have beaten me to the punch (can't check ATM since I'm posting from a phone), but I edited the Vorpal Blade to have Templar hands for Eriguns, in case you find them useful:

https://github.com/XaserAcheron/eriguns ... pons/blade

Dunno if I'm too late or you'd rather do them yourself, but there you go. :P
Amuscaria

Re: [GZDoom] Hell-Forged - (new alpha test up)

Post by Amuscaria »

Xaser wrote:
Amuscaria wrote:Dunno if I'm too late or you'd rather do them yourself, but there you go. :P
I will use this. Might need to smooth out the lighting some bit, but looks good otherwise. Thanks! Save me a couple hours of work. :D

Oh btw. Do you have a link to your Lost Episode of Doom mod? The one where you added an extra episode to UItimate Doom? I need an example of how to make the Doom-style interpic, and thought that'd be a great reference.

found it. :)

EDIT: @Xaser: ended up not using the edits because the lighting and perspective was a bit off. Just quickly made these.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

That Hellsmith statue is pure greatness, and love the medieval iron texture of it. And i have been thinking, is Vorpal Blade's 1st attacking frame ever will be fully sprited?
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

Captain J wrote:That Hellsmith statue is pure greatness, and love the medieval iron texture of it. And i have been thinking, is Vorpal Blade's 1st attacking frame ever will be fully sprited?
Not necessary. Most of it is off the screen, even in 16:9.
Xaser

Post by Xaser »

Your work far exceeds my own, as expected. Great stuff! :D
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

Refine some of the concepts for a couple of old DE monsters. WIll be adding these after I finish HF v1.0. Nightmare's going to be much bigger, to allow for enough room to animate the souls flowing up thru the body. The Succubus will be recycling the half-finished Sygian Hornet I made for DE.
Spoiler:
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Nightmare has some sweet and spooky design! And it looks like going to throw some lost soul at your face. And Succubus is nice too. For some reason it's demonic hornet!
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

Spent a few hours tonight to quickly sculpt the Hellduke. I was going to just edit the original Cyberdemon, by just pasting the mechanical arm and armor pieces, which were modeled, over it. Become too tedious to edit the body and decided to just make the thing from scratch. It should give me much more leeway about adding additional poses and frames should they become necessary. Will also let me CC the resource later without worrying about IP infringement. I changed the legs because it's too hard to make poses with the weird backwards leg the Cybie had. Will probably replace the Baron and Hellknight legs later too.

Tried to stay true to the original Doom proportions with the tall-pixel height differences accounted for, as well as the strange musculature of the Cyberdemon. Will need to finish the mech-arm tomorrow along with some armor pieces. But that should be all the monsters I need. I'll probably add the Enormus (giant Mancubus) if I have time to spare, seeing as sculpting a basic monster is pretty easy.
Spoiler:
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Wonderful and excellent model!! Definitely feels like it burst out of doom and faithfully went 3D.
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

Captain J wrote:Wonderful and excellent model!! Definitely feels like it burst out of doom and faithfully went 3D.
Thank you, sir. :)

Edit: And complete.
Spoiler:

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”