Hell-Forged (updated to v1.11 - development paused)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

How do you feel about the difficulty of Hell-Forged Maps on UV (Grandmaster)?

Poll ended at Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:26 am

Too Easy
9%
Somewhat Easy
4%
Just Right
22%
Somewhat Hard
52%
Too Hard
13%
Impossible
No votes

Total votes: 23

Amuscaria

Re: [GZDoom] Hell-Forged - (mid-boss monster sheets up - P.

Post by Amuscaria »

@Gez: Will fix. Regarding the shininess, that's how I wanted the Hellduke to look, but I didn't make the material for the black parts correctly at the time and it came out looking plastic. I fixed it with the Behemoth. I'll mostly likely go back and add the shininess to the arm of the Hellduke when I finish up the melee and other attack animations.
Pandut
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Pandut »

The shoulder-bone sticking out of the Behemoth is a really nice touch, well done. These sprites look damn incredible O:
osjclatchford

Post by osjclatchford »

Outstanding work on all of these badguys. Excellent bosses. I think there's an error on the behmoth sheet. Forth sprite down from the top on the far left. Bit of gold tank where the back of the gun should be?
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

Good catch. Didn't even see that. :P
Lagi

Post by Lagi »

what is with that annoying constant industrial press noise on HF1M4 ?
could you please reduce range of this sound propagation ?

EDIT:
BUG "UNABLE TO LOAD HF1M5 " ASSEMBLY LINE
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

Lagi wrote:what is with that annoying constant industrial press noise on HF1M4 ?
I'm assuming you're talking about the walking sound of the Aracknight. I've changed it to use the Doom's default idle attenuation. Should reduce the max distance you can hear it from.
Lagi wrote:BUG "UNABLE TO LOAD HF1M5 " ASSEMBLY LINE
You're playing the alpha, it doesn't have HF1M5 and up yet. The pre-release beta will be finished around November-December which will include all playable maps and monsters.
Amuscaria

Re: [GZDoom] Hell-Forged - (On hiatus until December - schoo

Post by Amuscaria »

Spent my free time after work and school this week to finished the 6th Map for HF: Assembly Line. 3 more to go before pre-release beta. Average time per map is 1 week.
Spoiler:
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Promising stuff, and my you work very quickly and it's like non-stopping! I really love those green bile props too.
ramon.dexter

Post by ramon.dexter »

Nice stuff, I really like this! The theming is really good and consistent, I like that type of theme. You're doing wonderful job, man!
Tango

Post by Tango »

late to the party, but those shots look excellent. the textures look great too; I love that dark, gray brick with the 32px tall support beams on it
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

Finished HF1M6: Hell Keep (more or less), a complete remake of the old Demon Eclipse Ep.2 map of the same name, but larger and without the overused boss-arena rooms; basically a large castle-like map.
Spoiler:
This is the most open-ended map I've made for Doom so far, hopefully it won't be too confusing when people play it. Still have a few textures I'll need to make before it's 100% finished, but it's fully playable and detailed otherwise.

Project Update: I've added deathmatch-only sections/sub-maps to all existing maps, following the theme of the single-player portion, like the old-OLD Demon Eclipse Ep.1. Tested them with ZCajun bots, so they "work", but the bots don't know how to use the weapons fully and can't alt-fire (can't free-aim either for some reason). Tried testing with Zandronum but it's seems hopelessly out of date that it won't even start up with a GZDoom 3.1.0-compatible mod. :P

Will grind out the next map, HF1M7: Tower of Command when time allows. Already drawn out on paper; will be fun to test some portal craziness. Next alpha-test update will be released when Tower of Command is finished.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Lovely gothic rad stuff. And that last screenshot looks very foggy yet promising too!
ramon.dexter

Post by ramon.dexter »

Can't wait to test this. I really love the theme of this mod. :wub:
el armadillo2

Post by el armadillo2 »

Uh, i just noticed that Complex Doom (or at least CD Clusterfuck) uses your Draugr sprites, i thought you said you'd like them to be left alone untill the full mod is released?
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

el armadillo2 wrote:Uh, i just noticed that Complex Doom (or at least CD Clusterfuck) uses your Draugr sprites, i thought you said you'd like them to be left alone untill the full mod is released?
I asked people not to use the newest HF sprites, not the DE stuff, until the version 1.0 release. The Draugr was released, along with all the other old DE stuff, to public use when I dropped DE. Anyone is allowed to use the stuff from back then. :)

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”