Hell-Forged (updated to v1.11 - development paused)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

How do you feel about the difficulty of Hell-Forged Maps on UV (Grandmaster)?

Poll ended at Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:26 am

Too Easy
9%
Somewhat Easy
4%
Just Right
22%
Somewhat Hard
52%
Too Hard
13%
Impossible
No votes

Total votes: 23

NiGHTMARE

Post by NiGHTMARE »

SlayeR wrote:I agree :P There seems to be a lack of good centered custom (sub)machine guns / rifles for doom...
Well, the ones from the Doom alpha were quite nice, if incomplete :).
Dutch Devil

Post by Dutch Devil »

Great work your are without any doubt and great sprite artist I liked your monsters in the mrw and that weapon sure looks nice as well.

I would love to see an soul cube perhaps the spawn cube you made an monster from would be nice to use, or is this allready done before.
Jimmy

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Jimmy »

Eriance, are you going to make a replacement for the Hellfire Staff, or whatever the bloodscourge thing is called? (I forgot, sorry :P)
Vader

Post by Vader »

Great stuff!
It's good to see you're focusing more on sprites entirely made from scratch rather than modifying existing weapons/monsters.
I know how hard this can get :wink:
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

@Tormenter: Thanks, however, EP3 is gonna take much longer than episode two, simply because there are a ballooza of custom monsters i still have to finish up. I'm sure the sprites will take a lot longer than the maps.

@Karnizero: As before, every sprite i make are free for public use. You may use, edit, distribute however you like, giving that i recieve credit for the original work.

@Eliwood: I will probably add 1 more UAC weapon, it being a machine-gun. However, i am sure that i will remake that Napalm cannon, as well as maybe the rocket and homing rocket launchers. Maybe the pistol will be remade as well.

@Jimmy91: It's a black tube with a skull on it. The skull is stretched a bit and the teeth goes around the tube. It's slightly deformed from how i sprited it, as i kinda screwed up. It looked a lot more plausible on paper. lol. And im not sure if i wanna replace the Hellstaff, since i liked how it looks a lot, lol. I might replace the Skull-thing though (with another skull, lol).

@Dutch Devil: I actually have half of a Soul-cube made a while ago befor ei placed the Soul-Reaver weapon as DE-Ep2's BFG equivilent. I stopped working on it mid way because I couldn't figure out how to make the thing seek out the enemy and "stick to it" I can finish it, if you like.

@Vader: It is indeed hard from scratch. The weapons are actually pretty easy (being centered an all), but the monsters are really hard, time consuming...and boring.
eliw00d

Post by eliw00d »

Eriance wrote:@Eliwood: I will probably add 1 more UAC weapon, it being a machine-gun. However, i am sure that i will remake that Napalm cannon, as well as maybe the rocket and homing rocket launchers. Maybe the pistol will be remade as well.
you, sir, kick ass. i look forward to that! if you need any help/ideas on how to remake them, i'm more than willing to help out. :D
Siggi
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them

Post by Siggi »

More sprites are always welcome. :)
Anakin S.

Post by Anakin S. »

Great work, Eriance! Thank you for giving us these sprites and letting us use them. As for the soul cube, perhaps A_Fire and +SEEKERMISSILE could get it to stick to its target.
Dutch Devil

Post by Dutch Devil »

Oh yeah that would be an great weapon imo if its possible of course, could it also be charged up like the original and then rips through all monsters on screen and then it returns to the caster just like the doom3 version.
HotWax

Post by HotWax »

Dutch Devil wrote:Oh yeah that would be an great weapon imo if its possible of course, could it also be charged up like the original and then rips through all monsters on screen and then it returns to the caster just like the doom3 version.
The Doom 3 version actually only kills one monster and then returns to the player.
Dutch Devil

Post by Dutch Devil »

Whoops yeah sorry its been an while since ive played doom3 I should pick it up again I haven't finised RoE yet.
HotWax

Post by HotWax »

Dutch Devil wrote:I should pick it up again I haven't finised RoE yet.
Sadly, you're not missing much. :(

It's too short and doesn't have the character that I feel like Doom 3 offered.
TheDarkArchon

Post by TheDarkArchon »

Meh, RoE had more fights/minute than Doom 3 and also had a huge fight in Hell.
HotWax

Post by HotWax »

TheDarkArchon wrote:Meh, RoE had more fights/minute than Doom 3 and also had a huge fight in Hell.
You mean with Ridl--I mean Dr. Betruger? :roll:

In Doom 3 the boss fights were typically imaginative. For example, the boss fight in Hell versus the guardian required some actual brainpower, as did the fight against the Cybie. The RoE end boss was just the "shoot until dead" variety who had a few different attack patterns.

I honestly enjoyed it, just not as much as Doom 3. For me that's because I wasn't looking for a typical FPS experience with Doom 3. I like the immersive environments and storyline, and the effort put into scaring the player instead of just throwing zombies at him. So ROE wasn't bad persay, just not what I was hoping for.
Dutch Devil

Post by Dutch Devil »

I always disliked the one or two monsters at a time in modern shooters no real big waves like in deus vult :) classic doom rocks HAH!

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”