Hell-Forged (updated to v1.11 - development paused)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

How do you feel about the difficulty of Hell-Forged Maps on UV (Grandmaster)?

Poll ended at Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:26 am

Too Easy
9%
Somewhat Easy
4%
Just Right
22%
Somewhat Hard
52%
Too Hard
13%
Impossible
No votes

Total votes: 23

Gez

Re: Hell-Forged - Final Super-Secret Map Completed (P.391)

Post by Gez »

The sharkcopter is wonderfully goofy, I love it!
Scuba Steve

Post by Scuba Steve »

In order to redo your widescreen image to be 21:9 compliant, the dimensions need to be 560x200.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Not enough pirate feels to 'em. shark out of 10

... But honestly, the designs are really great and aesthetic, despite they're presumably for easter egg thing!
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

Scuba Steve wrote:21:9 compliant
People play in Doom 21:9? :O
Scuba Steve

Post by Scuba Steve »

Some do. It's a great way to future-proof your project.
TheHit_61x

Post by TheHit_61x »

Hey Amuscaria im a big fan of your work keep it up!.
Regarding the new roster I say keep the Sharkbrute its awsome.
SpaceyStrife

Post by SpaceyStrife »

I usually don't bother with secret maps, but the fact that you're going out of your way to create an entire set of new monsters specifically for it will make it a worthwhile reward for players (not unlike the infamous cow map from Diablo). Can't wait!
rtpharry

Post by rtpharry »

I think the game has broken on me. I have killed everything I can find on Tower of Command and im stood in the middle of the level where the tower is above me. I'm 2.5hrs deep into the level.

I coudn't find the exit and eventually watched a video on youtube and on theirs there is a button in the middle of the circle.

I think maybe I pressed it at the start or it never came up after whatever its trigger is?

I can see the square on the floor but there is no way to activate it and its not raised.
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

rtpharry wrote:I think the game has broken on me. I have killed everything I can find on Tower of Command and im stood in the middle of the level where the tower is above me. I'm 2.5hrs deep into the level.

I coudn't find the exit and eventually watched a video on youtube and on theirs there is a button in the middle of the circle.

I think maybe I pressed it at the start or it never came up after whatever its trigger is?

I can see the square on the floor but there is no way to activate it and its not raised.
You must have missed the main switches in last hub spoke you're supposed to go to. There are 3, 3, and 4 brightly colored skull switches in each of the Red, Yellow, and Blue hub spokes. Hitting all the ones in that spoke will lower the main switch, with a colored skull key on it to allow you to enter the last hub spoke. The sequence is determined by which skull key you picked in the beginning, and the final hub spoke won't have a key in it. If you don't see the elevator switch at the center circle, and you were able to go through all 3 colored spokes of the map, it means you didn't hit the final main switch in the last spoke.
PlayerLin
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support
Location: XinZhuang, XinBei/New Taipei City(Former Taipei County), Taiwan.

Post by PlayerLin »

I tried play a little with 1.00c, but I feel I should wait until the new version come out when I see the screenshots of super secret level and new enemies' idea...wow, looks like fun to me.

And then I notice the thread title..."Hell-Forged - Final Super-Secret Map Completed (P.391)", uh...should that be P.319 isn't it?

(I didn't notice the page number on this thread name until now...)
:3:
rtpharry

Post by rtpharry »

Amuscaria wrote:
rtpharry wrote:I think the game has broken on me. I have killed everything I can find on Tower of Command and im stood in the middle of the level where the tower is above me. I'm 2.5hrs deep into the level.

You must have missed the main switches in last hub spoke you're supposed to go to. There are 3, 3, and 4 brightly colored skull switches in each of the Red, Yellow, and Blue hub spokes. Hitting all the ones in that spoke will lower the main switch, with a colored skull key on it to allow you to enter the last hub spoke. The sequence is determined by which skull key you picked in the beginning, and the final hub spoke won't have a key in it. If you don't see the elevator switch at the center circle, and you were able to go through all 3 colored spokes of the map, it means you didn't hit the final main switch in the last spoke.
Thank you, I will investigate this :)
rtpharry

Post by rtpharry »

Amuscaria wrote:

Oh hello... :)
Screenshot_Doom_20200801_182128.jpg
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

@rtpharry: :)

@PlayerLin: fixed :mrgreen:
undeadmonk354

Re: Hell-Forged - Final Super-Secret Map Completed (P.319)

Post by undeadmonk354 »

How's the shark enemies in Hell-Forged?
Amuscaria

Re: Hell-Forged - Final Super-Secret Map Completed (P.319)

Post by Amuscaria »

Haven't had the time really start on them. Busy with work and other things atm.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”