Hell-Forged (updated to v1.11 - development paused)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

How do you feel about the difficulty of Hell-Forged Maps on UV (Grandmaster)?

Poll ended at Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:26 am

Too Easy
9%
Somewhat Easy
4%
Just Right
22%
Somewhat Hard
52%
Too Hard
13%
Impossible
No votes

Total votes: 23

Sinael

Re: Hell-Forged - V. 1.00c

Post by Sinael »

Am I supposed to be able to jump/crouch in this wad or can it lead to unintended behaviour? Couldn't find info about that neither in OP nor in txt files.
worldendDominator

Post by worldendDominator »

Sinael wrote:Am I supposed to be able to jump/crouch in this wad or can it lead to unintended behaviour? Couldn't find info about that neither in OP nor in txt files.
Yes, you can do both.
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

Been awhile since I've updated. Real-life has kept me quite busy, so I fell behind on the modding. Played Doom Eternal a couple of times recently and definitely revitalized the modding interest a bit. I wasn't as inspiring as 2016, but it was a solid bit of fun. I owe some sprite work for Golden Souls 3, and Age of Hell, so I'll finish those before moving onto my own stuff. I anticipate that Hell-Forged 1.11 can continue around September.

The Following are the list of things I will make for 1.11:
Spoiler:
Will work on HF:Episode 2 whenever the above list is complete, and if I have any interest left. Hopefully by next March, work can begin (if at all). I'll need to replace some of the old monster sculpts, as their designs are unsatisfactory to E2's theme. Learned how to use the basics of Blender over the last few months, so I'll be employing that in addition to ZBrush. Hopefully the spriting process will go faster and produce more consistent results than the hand-drawn sprites up to now.

---------------------------------------

To be honest, I don't think spending more time on this mod at the age of 35 is productive use of my time, and I should probably focus on my art instead. Yet each time I feel like dropping Doom modding for good, this project sucks me right back into it and taunts me to finish it. 12 years of modding for a single 1-episode mod probably wasn't the most efficient use of my time, that's for sure.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Amuscaria wrote:
Spoiler:
Oh heck yeeeeees- also welcome back. Thanks for the update!
skdursh

Post by skdursh »

Probably a big fat NO, but is there a weapons-sanitized version of this anywhere by any chance? I love the maps and the enemies, but I'm not the biggest fan of the weapons, they sometimes just don't feel like they have enough punch to them for the quality of enemies I'm facing and would like to play this again with a beefed up arsenal.
Kinsie
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Kinsie »

Amuscaria wrote:To be honest, I don't think spending more time on this mod at the age of 35 is productive use of my time, and I should probably focus on my art instead. Yet each time I feel like dropping Doom modding for good, this project sucks me right back into it and taunts me to finish it. 12 years of modding for a single 1-episode mod probably wasn't the most efficient use of my time, that's for sure.
Well, I mean, are you having fun modding Doom? If not, I don't see the problem with keeping it around as one of your hobbies. Kick it down the back of the priority queue, sure, but no point in giving up on something you like doing, especially in times like these.

If it's like, a perceived age thing? I mean, Enjay's roughly 100 years old and Graf personally witnessed the Crucifixion, doesn't seem to have slowed them down too much.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Oh! And also i second kins' advice. If you're still having fun with Doom modding, then it's fine and entirely mature. It's DOOM we are talking about. Also i understand your concern of it being obstructed. Time goes smooth and fast. And it's not like going to be Mordeth'd as long as you're still around.
Centurion13

Post by Centurion13 »

Amuscaria, I have begun working on a project that requires black-and-white line drawing illustration of military-style vehicles. Are you, at age 35, as willing to work on this as you were at 23? Naturally, I am talking commission work.

Centurion13 (Steve S.)
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

Centurion13 wrote:Amuscaria, I have begun working on a project that requires black-and-white line drawing illustration of military-style vehicles. Are you, at age 35, as willing to work on this as you were at 23? Naturally, I am talking commission work.

Centurion13 (Steve S.)
Hi, Steve, long time no see! Pmed you. :)
--------------------------------------------------
@Kinsie: Fun like a work-out, sure, but definitely not something I'll do to chill out. I really want to go into Skyrim modding, since it will force me to 3D model properly, but I don't want to leave this mod unfinished. We'll see how my work schedule is like for the near future.

@Skdursh: Nope. Unless someone else is going to take the time to do it, It won't happen. I have neither the time nor interest. Frankly, making sterilized versions of TCs defeats the point of making a TC in the first place.
--------------------------------------------------
Need help troubleshooting GZDoomBuilder. For some reason the Soultaker pick-up sprite in-editor uses the idle HUD graphic: Image, but in-game it looks fine and uses the correct pick-up image. Any idea what is up? It's been like this since the weapon was switched to Z-Script. Not game breaking, it just looks weird in the editor. Nothing has changed in the decorate besides inheriting from the Z-Scripted version of the weapon.
Centurion13

Post by Centurion13 »

Amuscaria,

I am not permitted to reply to PMs at this point, apparently. I am still at my old email address, however; I read your PM and concur. I will let you know what develops in a week or so.

Cent13
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

Centurion13 wrote:Amuscaria,

I am not permitted to reply to PMs at this point, apparently. I am still at my old email address, however; I read your PM and concur. I will let you know what develops in a week or so.

Cent13
Do you use Discord? Join the ZDoom discord and we can chat from there.
Gomer

Post by Gomer »

I'm struggling to find the green key in HF1M3 Catacombs. I'm really curious of what lies beyong these doors.
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

Gomer wrote:I'm struggling to find the green key in HF1M3 Catacombs. I'm really curious of what lies beyong these doors.
There's a pit in the starting room where you can swim down into the blood. :)
Gomer

Post by Gomer »

Bloody hell, that was not easy to find! Thank you
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

Had some free-time today, made a few props.
Spoiler:
The unprocessed draugr props is for HF1M5: Assembly Line's Red room where I never finished detailing it because I lacked the sprites. It now looks like this.
Spoiler:
Remade the Patriarch Statue for the first map.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”