Hideous Destructor 4.4.2c

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Hideous Destructor [last update dated November 10, 2014]

Postby Abba Zabba » Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:06 pm

Nope, just tried this thought I had of killing Doomguy solely by flinging him into walls. Was a cinch till the 1-19% levels of health, but it was still possible.

Which reminds me of that other thing I wanted to mention. You can't use a stimpack when you're at a certain threshold within 60-79% HP. Since the flashing and overall behavior is tied into the visual phases of Doomguy's face, the limit before Doomguy won't use med stuff should follow this too.

EDIT: Threshold seems to be 75%. 76-79% won't let you use.
Abba Zabba

Postby Hoodlook » Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:13 pm

You should implement the ability to revive fallen teammates(and if you want, rifleman and squadrifleman)in multiplayer using the beserker pack with injector. Playing COOP with this mod is great but when my not-so-good-at-doom-so-they-really-suck-at-hideous-destructor friends play with me and are dying all the time and they just respawn it gets boring for them. If I disabled respawn, they would die really soon and it would be even more boring for them.

It would be awesome if you would be able to use the injector to revive teammates.
You could make a simple system that, let's say... spawns something with the sprite of CEYEA0(candle with floating eye)
or CANDA0(candle stick)
or your own custom sprite,
with the same invisible thickness of a barrel, spawned when and where the player dies. You could then go to that and use the injector's beserker pack on it and it would respawn that player where they last died, regardless of if respawning was allowed or not(so you could revive on survival/no respawn mode).
Last edited by Hoodlook on Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hoodlook
You cannot find yourself until you loose yourself.

Postby Matt » Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:20 am

...I think it'd just be easier to play on the easiest setting (UV monster placement, no bleeding, you take 1/3 damage, it's pretty close to vanilla).

LG: Still can't replicate, but I can't actually kill myself against a wall which might be the distinction. What is the obituary you're getting, exactly?

(Health thresholds for stim and med are the same, except if you have any bleeding you can always use the med)
Matt
Putting the XD into *xdeath since 2007

Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Postby Abba Zabba » Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:20 am

I didn't care about the environment.

I figured the health thresholds were the same for both, but I'm just saying the threshold should probably be changed as it's odd that on most levels of bloody nose you can heal, but on the few upper percentages it's blocked off. I tried looking around HDACS where I found a lot of checks along the lines of a threshold, but never found the threshold itself. Could you point me in the direction?
Abba Zabba

Postby Hoodlook » Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:59 pm

Vaecrius wrote:...I think it'd just be easier to play on the easiest setting (UV monster placement, no bleeding, you take 1/3 damage, it's pretty close to vanilla.)

Aw :( I think reviving would really be an awesome addition. That way you could play on survival and people who die accidentally, for a bs reason, or because they aren't as good could be revived.

Plus, IMO reviving people in general is so satisfying. Like...you're bringing them back to life, back into the game(or world), that's so cool isn't it?

Also, the reason I don't like playing on easiest setting is because I play with droplets and the HD patch(integrates Droplets bleeding with HD's bleeding-to-death bleeding...and when I or another player is shot, we keep bleeding(Droplets blood) even if we use medkits or are above the constant-bleeding-health-level, and it kind of looks silly and very unrealistic.
Hoodlook

Postby Matt » Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:58 pm

It's probably checking the wound counter which is only ignored for damage purposes. Will fix that for the next release!

The health check is in the Portable* actors in dcpckups.txt.

And "didn't care about the environment" is in fact the obit for both drowning and impacts. (Hey, if you can think of something better than "died" that fits both those situations feel free to suggest something!)
Matt

Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Postby Big C » Sat Nov 15, 2014 12:39 am

Vaecrius wrote:And "didn't care about the environment" is in fact the obit for both drowning and impacts. (Hey, if you can think of something better than "died" that fits both those situations feel free to suggest something!)

"All in all, <player> was just a brick in the wall."
Big C

Postby Somagu » Sat Nov 15, 2014 1:03 am

Actually, I think the "didn't care about the environment" is more clever and fitting, given it has to apply for both.
Somagu

Postby Hoodlook » Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:04 am

Vaecrius wrote:It's probably checking the wound counter which is only ignored for damage purposes. Will fix that for the next release!

Thanks!
Hoodlook

Postby Abba Zabba » Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:04 pm

For an impact obituary, how about "Player realized they weren't made of rubber."
Abba Zabba

Postby Matt » Sun Nov 16, 2014 1:57 am

I'll quote Somagu:
Somagu wrote:it has to apply for both

Drowning is the only damage type that ignores armour. The only alternative would be to spawn a bunch of different entities that have +piercearmor +nodamagethrust and attack the player before disappearing - which I'd rather not do since I'd have to either (gross hack) spawn lots and lots of them at once, or (less gross but much more spaghettified hack) define a bunch of them with different damage amounts, or (completely unacceptable) make the damage a flat amount independent of how hard you hit.
Matt

Postby Abba Zabba » Sun Nov 16, 2014 2:33 am

Does Falling type account armor?

If it has to be for both, "couldn't handle the environment" seems more appropriate, since "didn't care about the environment" seems like a slime floor obituary.
Abba Zabba

Re: Hideous Destructor [last update dated November 17, 2014]

Postby Matt » Sun Nov 16, 2014 6:28 pm

Far as I can tell only drowning damage ignores armour.

So no change for this NEW UPDATE! though the hacks may not necessarily be ruled out if there's some other pressing reason for it.

Changes:
  • Bugfix: Added +nodamagethrust to the fire damage actor so barrels don't dance while on fire.
  • Bugfix: It was at least theoretically possible for the shotgun shell ejector actor to hit a wall and die without spawning the ejected shell.
  • Bugfix: Wound counter was still running when you had the no-bleeding cheat or were playing on the easiest setting, creating issues with the Droplets mod.
  • Bugfix: Rifle bullets could gib people.
  • Greatly reduced the brown tint on the Liberator scope.
  • Tweaked thunder buster sound timing.
  • Liberator now randomly drops where plasma rifle normally is, and backpack replacer now randomly spawns either a GL-mounted Liberator or a Brontornis with spare ammo where the plain Liberator used to be.
  • Innocent barrels sometimes spawn "shards" if destroyed.
  • Human marines can now telefrag. This ability is lost if they die and are raised, even if their other abilities remain intact.
  • Alignment adjustments on smoke, shell and debris sprites.
  • Liberator reclassifed as a "short" weapon. Compare: Hunter.
  • Added the Boss rifle! Slot 8, bolt action, hair-trigger super-accuracy, plays in game sort of like a shitty, long-range Hunter that jams a lot. Alpha rifle HUD sprite placeholders for now.
  • Made automap and fullscreen HUDs consistent.
  • Made the keycards gritty grimdark coloured like the zombies, but once you download their "code" you instantly share it with the first 5 players ingame.
  • Skulls are skull-sized and flicker randomly.
  • Commented out the +usespecial in the HDWeaponPickup.
Matt

Postby Hoodlook » Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:37 pm

After getting into Hideous Destructor I can't stop playing everything with it(like when you first saw and tried out Brutal Doom and had to play every compatible level and mod you wanted to try with it) and I have the overwhelming need to make things in Doom a lot more realistic...one thing I'm also looking for are monster sprite replacements to get rid of the hellish look and bring a more maybe...going against insurgent/terrorist or robot plot. It would be easy to replace the zombies with player skin sprites found online but it would be much more tricky and confusing to do the hellspawn.

I also ended up replacing HD's ZM66/Rifle with a scoped M4/M16(original carrying-handled M16 sprite created by Angel-Neko_X) All the editing was done by me with GIMP and the muzzle flashes were made with the Spark brush(it's icon looks kind of like a sun)
and the liberator rifle/battle rifle with Captain J's famas sprite(I edited the barrel to make it look like it doesn't have a silencer on it), which is also where I got the scope from to put on the M4.
Hoodlook

Postby Abba Zabba » Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:50 pm

Cool to see the alignment changes. If we're going to stamp the rest out, you should also raise empty 9MM mags (15 and 30 rounders) ZM66 mags, and frag grenade pickups.

The keys are pretty damn cool I must say. Only nitpick is that the yellow parts on the yellow card are pretty desaturated compared to the red and blue cards, though I suspect the little brass strips on the left of the card probably conflict in translation.

Didn't remember to IDFA the new weapon in, does it use 7.76MM?
Abba Zabba

PreviousNext

Return to Gameplay Mods