Doom: The Reconquest is a experimental strategy mod/game/hybrid, where you use Doom and other monsters to fight battles. It is heavily inspired by Heroes of Might and Magic, so you'll see "stack" system in here, and various bits (weekly creature/unit growth, resource system). But there are no castles, instead, you construct buildings on a conquered area. The main objective (right now) is to win a battle in the "Black Castle".
You will find more information how to play this in the game (INFO or the "Book of Help");
42 unit types (Doom, Heretic, Hexen)
14 main attributes
Known bugs/problems include:
- Messages don't fit sometimes in the GUI
- Spelling and language mistakes (english is not my native)
- Dangerous spells that may crash game or mess with unit behaviour, hypnotize - not tested enough, mirror image - units get stuck
- Flying monsters when hit can fly forever and never loose momentum (will probably fix soon)
- Units that deal "slam" damage (Souls and Maulotaur) can deal weird damage (Souls are safe, but Maulotaur can hurt friendly units I think - will probably fix soon)
- The function that spawn enemy units will break if it will have to spawn extreme amounts of units (1000 mancubi), and it will spawn units outside maps (extremely unlikely though)
If you encounter any bug please tell me, and possibly make a screenshot what happened.
OK, here are screenies:
Video of gameplay:
Use GZDoom version 2.4.0 to play and Doom2 iwad.
The Reconquest 1.0b