RELEASE: Wolfenstein 3D TC Version 3.1

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Gamerwarrior117

Re: Wolfenstein 3D TC (Version 3.0)

Post by Gamerwarrior117 »

AFADoomer wrote:Yes. That's because they are a straight copy-paste from the previous version of the mod and haven't been cleaned up, just ported in so that they work.

That error started appearing several versions of ZDoom (not even GZDoom) ago.

The endgame sequences and MAP18 end (Spear of Destiny pickup) aren't implemented yet either.
i see gotcha.

thank you. great work though.
EdgarIX
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by EdgarIX »

This version of Gzdoom found Very Good
"gzdoom-bin-1-8-06.zip"
wolfmanfp
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by wolfmanfp »

EdgarIX wrote:This version of Gzdoom found Very Good
"gzdoom-bin-1-8-06.zip"
That's a reeeeally old version of GZDoom, and won't be able to run version 3.0.
Gamerwarrior117

m trying to load this into hakros launcher? how do i load it in?

i cna only load the zip files. is there a way to load the files inside with karos launcher? its a a ne wlauncher for loading all sourceports an mods into one palce. folder for each mod.

https://doomlauncher.hakros.com/
Gamerwarrior117

nevermind. i got ti working. it was easy.
aatroxed

Post by aatroxed »

I hope I'm posting this in the right and you guys are noob friendly.

Going for my first full run of Wolfenstein 3D and I'd like to start of with the Total Conversion release but I'm having issues. Does Wolfenstein 3D TC work with GZDoom?

Steps:

1 - I picked up GZDoom v4.4.2 and extracted contents.

2 - I picked up Wolfenstein 3D TC and extracted to new folder inside GZDoom folder I just created. (So it looks like C:\Games\gzdoom-4-4-2-Windows-64bit\Wolfenstein 3D TC)

3 - ???

If I run the 'Consolidated TC GZDoom' bat file inside the Wolfenstein 3D TC folder I get an error message that it cannot find a game IWAD.

Which game IWAD am I supposed to put in there (where, gzdoom folder or TC folder?) to get it going? I have DOS Wolfenstein 3D from GOG but I can't find any IWADs in that install. I tried a FreeDoom IWAD but sound but enemies are missing. I just don't know what the next step is and everyone on google seems to skip right past this part.

If there's a better place to post this, let me know.
Gamerwarrior117

aatroxed wrote:I hope I'm posting this in the right and you guys are noob friendly.

Going for my first full run of Wolfenstein 3D and I'd like to start of with the Total Conversion release but I'm having issues. Does Wolfenstein 3D TC work with GZDoom?

Steps:

2 - I picked up Wolfenstein 3D TC and extracted to new folder inside GZDoom folder I just created. (So it looks like C:\Games\gzdoom-4-4-2-Windows-64bit\Wolfenstein 3D TC)

3 - ???

If I run the 'Consolidated TC GZDoom' bat file inside the Wolfenstein 3D TC folder I get an error message that it cannot find a game IWAD.

Which game IWAD am I supposed to put in there (where, gzdoom folder or TC folder?) to get it going? I have DOS Wolfenstein 3D from GOG but I can't find any IWADs in that install. I tried a FreeDoom IWAD but sound but enemies are missing. I just don't know what the next step is and everyone on google seems to skip right past this part.

yes wolf 3d works with GZdoom.

you need the Doom 2 wad for wolf 3d.

there ways to get the doom wads. i hgahave the files if you want them. but, i would search out the original wads of DOOm.wad from 1995, Doom2, master levels, final doom, Doom 1993 wad as well. sigili too./

i use hakros launcher to get the port working easier.
aatroxed

Post by aatroxed »

Gamerwarrior117 wrote:
aatroxed wrote:I hope I'm posting this in the right and you guys are noob friendly.

Steps:

3 - ???

yes wolf 3d works with GZdoom.

you need the Doom 2 wad for wolf 3d.

there ways to get the doom wads. i hgahave the files if you want them. but, i would search out the original wads of DOOm.wad from 1995, Doom2, master levels, final doom, Doom 1993 wad as well. sigili too./

i use hakros launcher to get the port working easier.
Thanks, I actually own Doom II from GoG as well.

So I copied the Doom 2 wad (DOOM2.WAD) from the install but I'm still getting errors and enemies still don't show up.

Here's my folder structure:

Errors I get:

Sounds missing (like gunfire):

Game Menup:

Clearly I'm doing something off or GZDoom 4.4.2 doesnt work with 3D TC
Gamerwarrior117

aatroxed wrote:(You do not need to quote the entire post above yours when it is that big. -ww)
thats weird. this is the latest version right?

you can right click the gzdoom.exe an paste the shrotcut onto the desktop an doom 2.wad an wolf3d folder name and do it that way? see if it works? oh yeah, you add the doom 2.wad an wolf 3d fodle rname to the properties of the target line in teh shrotcut.
aatroxed

Post by aatroxed »

Gamerwarrior117 wrote:
aatroxed wrote:(You do not need to quote the entire post above yours when it is that big. -ww)

you can right click the gzdoom.exe an paste the shrotcut onto the desktop an doom 2.wad an wolf3d folder name and do it that way? see if it works? oh yeah, you add the doom 2.wad an wolf 3d fodle rname to the properties of the target line in teh shrotcut.
Not sure what you mean, sentence not clear. I tried this:

I created a gzdoom.exe shortcut. Put the shortcut in a new folder and copied doom2.wad and wolf3d TC folder there too. Doesn't work - 'Consolidated TC GZDoom.bat' says its can't find gzdoom.exe. Makes sense because its the shortcut.
Gamerwarrior117

aatroxed wrote:
Gamerwarrior117 wrote:

I created a gzdoom.exe shortcut. Put the shortcut in a new folder and copied doom2.wad and wolf3d TC folder there too. Doesn't work - 'Consolidated TC GZDoom.bat' says its can't find gzdoom.exe. Makes sense because its the shortcut.
make sure go to the github. get that version. i realize. this one the direct link of 2.0.2 one doesn't have all the files.

https://github.com/AFADoomer/Wolf3D-TC-3.0

also. i just remembered how to do it.

you must put quotations before "Wolf3d-tc-3.0-master.zip" then -iwad DOOM2.WAD. remember has to be right after the path of gzdoom.exe. so path to gzdoom.exe "Wolf3d-tc-3.0-master.zip" -iwad DOOM2.wad.
Gamerwarrior117

aatroxed wrote:
Gamerwarrior117 wrote:

Did it work?
aatroxed

Post by aatroxed »

Gamerwarrior117 wrote: Did it work?
@Gamerwarrior117
I had to take a break from trying to figure this out, thought this would be more straightforward.

And yes you're suggestion works. I created a shortcut and added - "Wolf3d-tc-3.0-master.zip" -iwad DOOM2.wad to the target field.
Another way is to rename the 'Wolf3D-TC-3.0-master' from a zip to a ipk3 so that gzdoom automatically recognizes it. It ignores the zip file.

That said, I thought it would look something more this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phyViCU2VdY\

Maybe I'm wrong but it seems the Total Conversion project went through a lot of changes from 2.0 to 3.0. I'm going to try the old release with zdoom and see what that does. I'm not sure why this new release is missing the high rez textures and HUD options.
Gamerwarrior117

aatroxed wrote:
Gamerwarrior117 wrote: Did it work?
@Gamerwarrior117
I had to take a break from trying to figure this out, thought this would be more straightforward.

And yes you're suggestion works. I created a shortcut and added - "Wolf3d-tc-3.0-master.zip" -iwad DOOM2.wad to the target field.
Another way is to rename the 'Wolf3D-TC-3.0-master' from a zip to a ipk3 so that gzdoom automatically recognizes it. It ignores the zip file.

That said, I thought it would look something more this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phyViCU2VdY\

Maybe I'm wrong but it seems the Total Conversion project went through a lot of changes from 2.0 to 3.0. I'm going to try the old release with zdoom and see what that does. I'm not sure why this new release is missing the high rez textures and HUD options.
im glad the short cut idea worked. didn't think ipk3 works. usually its mostly pk3. but sound slike gzdoom had now recognize the file format.

no worries taking breaks. its good to take breaks. it can get tiring after awhile, lol.

the project has went through quite a bit. some versions might work an some don't it depends on what version you get.

thats weird its mising hud options an high rez textures. thats only on the main menu an/or the game as well?

alot of times. the bat files won't work. cause of reasons. usually the best option is the shortcut idea. some drag an drop. but that gets tiring after awhile.

The bat files usually have compatability issues. cause the way they were made.
aatroxed

Post by aatroxed »

All right, thanks a lot. I appreciate you helping a fella out.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”