SIREN TC | v0.29

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: SIREN | v0.25 (Testers Needed)

Postby DoomwithaView » Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:59 pm

Thanks for the feedback. Updated to 0.26. Not a massive update. Fixed a number of bugs with the weapon switch animations, errors with weapons and ammo in general. Added a bit of garnish to the level.
DoomwithaView

Re: SIREN | v0.26 (Testers Needed)

Postby DoomwithaView » Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:10 pm

I couldn't find a suitable zombie enemy for the mod, so I've been stitching this thing together. I wanted a true mindless zombie. A bit of a bullet sponge unless you aim for the head. I think some of the frame durations may need tweaking but the overall feel is getting there. I'm finding custom damage types triggering specific death animations a bit hit-and-miss...

DoomwithaView

Re: SIREN TC | v0.29

Postby DoomwithaView » Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:09 pm

DoomwithaView

Postby Captain J » Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:10 am

Very spooky, dynamic and lovely mod, this is! I also love the weapon graphic and the sound effect. They have teeth, a sharp one! And it's impressive that you can kill some enemies in one pistol shot if you shoot them in the head. Gives the tactical feel to it.

Anyway i genuinely got stuck at the MAP01 because the map itself just does not tell me where i suppose to go. It's very small, yet complicated. Also fists plus knife are very OP because i can swing quickly and the enemy just can't reach me.

Also i wonder why they could hurt me from a short distance while leaping. And both enemy and i can hurt each other when we are too close to the window, at the cell.
Captain J
'OH YE'

Discord: DiscussJ#3128

Postby DoomwithaView » Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:17 pm

Captain J wrote:Very spooky, dynamic and lovely mod, this is! I also love the weapon graphic and the sound effect. They have teeth, a sharp one! And it's impressive that you can kill some enemies in one pistol shot if you shoot them in the head. Gives the tactical feel to it.

Anyway i genuinely got stuck at the MAP01 because the map itself just does not tell me where i suppose to go. It's very small, yet complicated. Also fists plus knife are very OP because i can swing quickly and the enemy just can't reach me.

Also i wonder why they could hurt me from a short distance while leaping. And both enemy and i can hurt each other when we are too close to the window, at the cell.

Hi, thank you for playing and thank you for the feedback.

The ability to hurt each at close range at the cells should be an easy fix, thanks.

The knife was a late addition to this build so is very unfinished. I can hopefully work out issues with that.

Thankyou for the valued feedback on the level. I think there's a number of points in the map that could be made clearer as to points of progression - or just what action that switch has performed...

I really love to see how people play this, so I can figure out what works, logically and what is too obscure. Thanks again.
DoomwithaView

Postby Ferretmanjcdenton » Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:14 pm

[quote="DoomwithaView"]I couldn't find a suitable zombie enemy for the mod, so I've been stitching this thing together. I wanted a true mindless zombie. A bit of a bullet sponge unless you aim for the head. I think some of the frame durations may need tweaking but the overall feel is getting there. I'm finding custom damage types triggering specific death animations a bit hit-and-miss...
:!:

Mindless zombie mode ?

Have you tried hunk enemies ?

Also I have these here

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v7d9y000ti17m ... 3.pk3?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cj8drx1uac2hf ... l.wad?dl=0

And extremely important for.me is ; could you make a version which doesn't use these reflections on the ground or use different ones less demanding for GPU ?
Since I play only on smartphone (Delta touch) and even my strongest phone (sd855) has big problems in this hall due to lag it would be really nice if you could create a fix file which deactivates them ..
I don't know how to Programm mods but I think it should not be extremely hard (at least I hope so )

Also I'll upload the newest version video later ..it's awesome..

Some items don't get loaded in this version is that normal ?
In the room with all the zombies (that one from the thumbnail above this post ) has some explanation marks above the tables...is that cause I did something wrong or is it cause it's still heavily WIP ?

thanks a lot for this amazing mod
Ferretmanjcdenton

Discord: Delatdoomguy84
Operating System: Other OS Not Listed Here
OS Test Version: Yes (Using Development/Testing Version)
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Postby Ferretmanjcdenton » Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:07 pm

PS. The zombies are awesome .. especially the animation when they 'explode ' would be nice to get even more such animations
Ferretmanjcdenton

Postby DoomwithaView » Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:50 pm

Ferretmanjcdenton wrote:Have you tried hunk enemies ?

Also I have these here

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v7d9y000ti17m ... 3.pk3?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cj8drx1uac2hf ... l.wad?dl=0

Those zombie mods look great but are perhaps of a different visual style to this mod.

Thanks for those resources, I'm away right now, but I'll take a look. I recognize some of the sprites and they may be what I've already used. I've edited a monster called 'quake zombie' that was in a mod called 'Shades' (and maybe others), and the Doom archvile to make this zombie.

Ferretmanjcdenton wrote:And extremely important for.me is ; could you make a version which doesn't use these reflections on the ground or use different ones less demanding for GPU ?
Since I play only on smartphone (Delta touch) and even my strongest phone (sd855) has big problems in this hall due to lag it would be really nice if you could create a fix file which deactivates them ..

I'll do my best to make it performance friendly on lower hardware, and can definitely take out the reflective floors (I thought I could get away with it in smaller areas 😆) but will probably upload those builds at more significant milestones. This is a bit of an experimental build just to test out some of the monsters.
There's a good chance it still might struggle due to some semi-complex rooms, but I've seen you play some pretty impressive mods that seem to run OK, so there's hope.

Ferretmanjcdenton wrote:Some items don't get loaded in this version is that normal ?

It's nothing you're doing wrong, it just means I've made a mistake somewhere. Damn it!

It turns out I really enjoy making the death animations so there will be more!

Thanks for playing!
DoomwithaView

Postby Ferretmanjcdenton » Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:10 am

Awesome ..thanks a lot for your response ..

Is it possible you give me the link to the SHADES mod ?

and yeah ..if total chaos and BDBE don't play with hell work you definitely have the chance to get it less demanding ..

What would be the ABSOLUTELY BEST variant is you implement a menu for your mod where you can switch on and of some Graphic features ..
Ferretmanjcdenton

Postby DoomwithaView » Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:13 am

Ferretmanjcdenton wrote:
Is it possible you give me the link to the SHADES mod ?

'Shades of Doom'

There must be every monster sprite ever created in there.

https://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=57310
DoomwithaView

Postby TiberiumSoul » Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:17 am

getting major Dead Space vibes from this but that could be because some of the enemies use sounds (i heard divider spawn noises in the video >.>) and that is perfectly fine because the world needs more dead space while we wait for Negative Atmosphere to drop.
TiberiumSoul
The Lost Soul that stumbled into a patch of tiberium crystals

Discord: 2012
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: Intel (Legacy GZDoom)

Previous

Return to TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects