KingDoom

Please do not mimic the behavior of the posts shown here.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

KingDoom

Postby 42_the_Gamer » Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:58 pm

KingDoom is a mod that includes new levels, weapons, story, and features to vanilla Doom.
42_the_Gamer

Re: KingDoom

Postby wildweasel » Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:40 pm

42_the_Gamer wrote:KingDoom is a mod that includes new levels, weapons, story, and features to vanilla Doom.

Okay, sounds good. What does it look like? Can you show us pictures, video, or a download link?
wildweasel
change o' pace.
Moderator Team Lead

Postby 42_the_Gamer » Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:58 am

I'm working on it. But I am very busy at the moment, so the updates will be slow.
42_the_Gamer

Postby 42_the_Gamer » Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:05 am

I can, however, show some enemy descriptions.

Husk:
A human without a soul. They attack with laser pistols and are very weak.

Shotgun Husk:
Just like a regular Husk, but with a shotgun and higher health.

Soldier Husk:
Stronger than a Shotgun Husk, and has an SMG. You’ll want to hide often when facing him, as he will not stop shooting until you are dead.
42_the_Gamer

Postby wildweasel » Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:19 am

I mean, that's nice and all, but we very much need some proof that this project exists, and descriptions of enemies only gets us so far.
wildweasel
change o' pace.
Moderator Team Lead

Postby 42_the_Gamer » Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:27 am

All right. I'll upload the enemies within next week or two. Here is the first husk! Does it look terrible? Maybe so, but a free sprite editor is all I can afford currently.
Attachments
Husk.gif
Husk: a human with no soul. It is weak and attacks with a laser gun.
Husk.gif (9.46 KiB) Viewed 510 times
42_the_Gamer

Postby Redneckerz » Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:49 am

42_the_Gamer wrote:All right. I'll upload the enemies within next week or two. Here is the first husk! Does it look terrible? Maybe so, but a free sprite editor is all I can afford currently.

I assume that you would want to put things like these plus a general description what your mod doesin the OP (opening post) and perhaps add headers for screenshots and background info in case there is a story involved. Just so you already have these in your OP, as that's the first thing people are going to look at.

Just compare your first post to other first posts in this sub-forum. What are the differences?

To get back on your enemy?
I quite like it, in fact. A bit Lego-like/MS Paint-ish, but it has a charm :)
Redneckerz

Discord: Redneckerz#8399
Operating System: Windows Vista/7 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Postby Xim » Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:35 am

Honestly, I can appreciate any type of original graphics. If you're doing a full TC complete with your own stuff a little lack of quality is forgiven. These are free Doom mods, not paid for games. I say keep it up, maybe add some motion to the arms, but I don't mind the style at all.

But yeah, post more stuff. It's best to make a topic about something with a bit more shown off.
Xim

Postby SamVision » Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:44 pm

I think you should have waited and developed your project more before posting about it here.
SamVision

Postby skdursh » Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:30 pm

skdursh

Postby 42_the_Gamer » Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:12 pm

I forgot to tell you all something. I actually have a good chunk of the modification done (about 45%). I figured it would be a good idea to work on the enemies and other sprites before making the levels. That way, I would be able to place enemies around the levels based on their abilities. It's comparable to gathering all the ingredients of a cake in one place rather than retrieving them as you go through the recipe. Please forgive me for not adding enough screenshots and updates, as I have a very busy life outside of this Doom mod. I will, however, post the story within the next few days.
42_the_Gamer

Postby Rachael » Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:27 pm

42_the_Gamer wrote:I will, however, post the story within the next few days.

Please don't insult our intelligence like this.

Don't post this again until you have more actual proof of the work being done, beyond writing.

Words are easy. Sprites, textures, maps, sounds, music, and videos - aka, bringing it to life - take more effort.

One enemy is nice - but where are rotations? Where are more enemies? Once this is fleshed out a little bit more - then make your post.
Rachael
Webmaster

Discord: Rachael#3767
Twitch ID: madamerachelle
Github ID: madame-rachelle
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Return to Hall of Unpleasantness