OZ VISION - Futurist Aircraft Simulator (WIP)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Prepare to flight whith 3D_ACE

Postby Deybar_TECH » Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:31 am

Ooh! Yes! :lol:
It finally exists!
(A_SoundPitch) is a reality from the new (GZDoom v4.2.0).

video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIsb63x ... e=youtu.be

This means at least a 20% instantaneous advance in my project. Since the roar of Jet engines
is a unique and indispensable attraction of airplane games.
And with the smooth control of the tone of the sounds, not only the audiovisual presentation
of my game increases. But it also greatly simplifies all the codes needed for the engine
to be heard as I've always wanted.

Another good news is that my font for the main menu is already fixed thanks to this new gzdoom.
I would like my game to be available in more languages, and that the voices I will add very soon
are available at least in English and Spanish.

From 3D_ACE until now. I already verified the existence of at least 92% of my ideas.
And just need to check and build a few more things, to finally begin the final
production process that should be ready the next year 2020.
Last edited by Deybar_TECH on Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
Deybar_TECH
Siempre vuelo mas alla de los <∟imites>

Re: OZ VISION zscript: language support

Postby Deybar_TECH » Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:25 pm

video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4P1lS_K ... e=youtu.be

Even though (Ace Combat Assault Horizon) is not my favorite. This is the only franchise game that has
multiple languages ​​for voices. And thanks to him, I can introduce you to this new feature of my project.
The recognition and emission of sounds based on the (Language) that the user selected in the menu.
These are the available languages:

"`VA00000" = Aleman/german
"`VE00000" = ingles/English
"`VF00000" = Frances/french
"`VI00000" = Italiano/italian
"`VS00000" = español/Spanish

With this I can already create a campaign mode that is much more convincing. But I need dialogues for the fictional locations, history events, names, weapons and other features that I am thinking for the final version of my project. Also, on the day I started working on this. I realized that it is not very complicated for me to add and synchronize languages ​​(Spanish & English). but it is very tedious to work with the other 3 remaining. Mainly the language (German) since I can't understand anything at all. and I could only guess what sound to use thanks to the messages written by radio and the routine of the mission 1. So for now I will move forward and add only Spanish and when I need it, I will add its counterpart in English so as not to deviate and complicate myself too much in this.

Maybe I can get an organized database of the voices of this Ace Combat and that would help me quickly add the dialogs
without having to record, cut and synchronize the sounds of my PS3 myself. Also this game has many other sounds that I still can't capture.

And just in case, does anyone know any web page that collects the clean sounds of video games?
I would like, for example, the sounds of futuristic weapons and devices (dead space 2).

Spoiler: ZScript: "Colonel William Bishop" A_BishopDecide
Last edited by Deybar_TECH on Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deybar_TECH

Re: OZ VISION - Futurist Aircraft Simulator (WIP)

Postby Deybar_TECH » Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:25 pm

I am working with 3d models of (google earth) and I am optimizing them for export in (GZDoom).
I will soon create a video with the terrain within the game and some more news. :wink:
Deybar_TECH

Postby Deybar_TECH » Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:34 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLl5Ggq ... e=youtu.be
Finally, I can efficiently add textures and 3D models from (google earth) to gzdoom.
And now that I can adjust the color and density of the fog, if the option is activated (gl_fogmode: 2),
the result is more amazing and realistic.
Previously and from 3D_ACE v2, I found ways to add this feature. But it was very complicated
and time consuming to make this possible. And the result was not entirely satisfactory.

Also prior to this. Finally perform tests with the (Fake SplitScreen) and gzdoom bots.
It is strange that sometimes they only ascend and nod without stopping.
And other times I try to control the plane that I added temporarily.
Disable radar type (acs) to see if I can transform it into ZScript.
And with the investigation of the shaders it is possible to build a 3D radar screen.
I also plan to conduct tests with guided missiles coming soon.
Deybar_TECH

Postby Wiw » Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:47 am

I don't think it's working. All I get is a room with a few regular powerups.
Wiw
Frequently puts foot in mouth

Postby Deybar_TECH » Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:32 pm

Wiw wrote:I don't think it's working. All I get is a room with a few regular powerups.

just out of curiosity, which generation did you download?.
I add help text files (EASA: INFO+readme.txt / 3D_ACE: README+info.txt) to avoid any problem. :|
Deybar_TECH

Postby Wiw » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:56 am

Both
Wiw
Frequently puts foot in mouth

Postby Deybar_TECH » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:02 pm

Ok it's fine.
Sorry for the mistakes of these generations.
Deybar_TECH

Previous

Return to TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects