Re: (wip) Ashes 2063 TC - THREAD EVACUATION

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Vostyok
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference

Re: Ashes 2063 TC - (Release Ep1 Pg 54) Jetfire mod

Post by Vostyok »

Haha yeah we know. The bikes getting a generous overhaul, as will be fitting with the storyline. But thanks for the feedback.
Procket12

Post by Procket12 »

Vostyok wrote:It's based on local light level. Turn it off and stand in a brightly lit area (technical: any area with a light level of 180 or more - practical: open sky in daylight.)

It's a little broken due to an oversight on my part. I'm working on making it a bit more reliable.
Problem is that it ran out of power and now its stuck on and it automatically switches away everytime I select it.
Procket12

Post by Procket12 »

Like the one guy mentioned, I would also up the damage of the revolver, but not as much as "Dirty Harry" levels like he said. The Revolver looks a lot like a Smith & Wesson Model 19 which is a .357 Magnum, which definitely has more punch than a 9mm, but it's not .44 Magnum levels. Make it so the Revolver has a bit more punch, but not OP, so that its a balance between it and the Glock where the Glock has more ammo and fires faster but does less damage while the revolver is the opposite. That would sort that out.
Procket12

Post by Procket12 »

I'm not sure if you saw Mr. Icarus' video on your mod, but it has a lot praise but also some pointers on room for improvement that might be useful to you.
Vostyok

Post by Vostyok »

Yes, I did. A link was posted on this very thread actually, courtesy of QuakedoomNukem Cz (thanks buddy).

The revolver is actually a .45 caliber, but there will be an opportunity to up it's damage. I've already increased it's minimum damage in the build i'm working on, which increases it's 1/2 shot kill chance on weaker enemies, and gives it a bit more reliability on mid-tier creatures.
Procket12

Post by Procket12 »

You mean its chambered in .45 ACP or .45 Long Colt?
Vostyok

Post by Vostyok »

.45 ACP. Sorry I should have made that distinction, but no exact names are given for a reason. It's loosely based on the S&W 625 with moon clip inserts. And I mean loosely. Weapons are based on real world models, but with small changes (9mm autoloader looks more like a 17, but loads the compact magazine to remain a multiple of 32).

I wanted weapons to be recognisable but somewhat... amorphous? As to what they are.
Procket12

Post by Procket12 »

I could tell the SMG was an Ingram MAC-10. Nice EFNY reference by the way. Would only need the scope on it to be complete. Scope on a MAC-10, there's a useless item if there ever was one. Lol
Vostyok

Post by Vostyok »

Yeah... It was suggested, if only for the reference. I might add in a "tier 2 weapon mods" pack for the base game, which will add some more interesting or weirder mods (pile bunker becomes the Nuclear Bunker with a handy chunk of radioactive metal, scope for suppressed Ingram, spring loaded stock and extra two barrels for sawed off, lol). A plan for later maybe, for fun.
Procket12

Post by Procket12 »

There going to be things like Automatic Rifles and Battle rifles?
Vostyok

Post by Vostyok »

Only the assault rifle for now. I may do a different weapon set for any future installments, but I have thought about it and won't be adding lots of weapons to this release. An M14/BAR or something like the FAL could be thematic, but probably won't come in till later.

I will post more in the next few days.
Procket12

Post by Procket12 »

At some point, have you considered reloading animations for charging weapons that are completely empty?
Procket12

Post by Procket12 »

I just finished the game. That ending. Woo. I have so many story questions. lol. Got me pumped for Part 2.
SLON
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by SLON »

There will also be "medium" cannibals, and thugs with MAC-10, I guess?

And yes, I want to add that the "ghost" enemy was a really creepy.
Vostyok

Post by Vostyok »

Glad you liked the... ghost. Although... somewhat inaccurate description :wink:

Yeah, I've got some ideas for new characters.

I'm playing around with a creature called the Cannibal Overseer (working title) who will add a bit of direction and authority to mutant groups, although he'd still get stomped if he pissed off a Master. Also, Vultures will get Leader characters, with automatic weapons, but still not sure if I should make them female (just purely for variety. I wanted more female characters in episode 2, since I've only added Violet so far. There was space for another female character you find references to in The Wall, but you never meet her).

Ah, as for separate loading animations, not sure where to draw the line there. If you have separate animations for loading, would I then have to add 1-bullet-clips rule? Chambered rounds? I don't want to detract too much from the old-school mentality or gameplay.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”